First photo of China's J-15 fighter for aircraft carrier

nandu

First photo of China's J-15 fighter for aircraft carrier

12 Jul 2010 : China's rapid advance continues with the first photo appearing of its naval fighter the J-15 designed for its aircraft carrier. While Chinese analysts deny that this is a rip-off of the Russian Su-33, having seen the aircraft analysts say that it is a copy made from a Su-33 prototype that Ukraine sold to China. The radars and weapons will be indigenous.

Other analysts believe that China may have settled for lesser stealth features due to budget constraints.

Chinese defence review claimed that China has launched aircraft personnel training project, training centers may be located in Huludao.

http://www.8ak.in/

nandu

J-15 prototype was finished, China started the aircraft carrier pilot training

Su 27 series aircraft in the land sliding Yanliang flight deck jump 300x192 J 15 prototype was finished, China started the aircraft carrier pilot training.

According to 21, reported the latest issue of the Canadian "Chinese Defense Review" magazine, said China has launched aircraft personnel training project, training centers may be located in Huludao.

The article said that as China's first ship-borne fighter aircraft F -15 manufactured prototype, China will build test base for the Navy, similar to Ukraine's Navy carrier fighter NITKA as test center. Reported that China's naval pilot training center, carrier-based fighter aircraft flight test center is most likely located in Liaoning Huludao area.

Huludao already have, "Chinese Navy Flight School," which is the famous 91 065 troops. Navy helicopters, bombers, transport aircraft pilot training in this. Han and that the future China is likely to fly in the Naval Academy's structure, the building of carrier-based fighter aircraft flight test center, there may be an independent building a new naval flight test center. But Huludao Xingcheng, Jiyuan Navy land-based aircraft carrier construction of the airport did not find signs of the runway test center.

Han and the founder of Ping Kefu said, "building a new trial airport is very expensive, equal to land the aircraft carrier construction. At present, only Ukraine, United States, the existence of such a test center." At the same time that the Chinese F -15 fighter flight carrier is facing difficulties because there is no Navy pilots in the flight test center where, in Shaanxi, the Air Force Flight Test Center Yanliang J -15 only testing flight control systems, radar, weapons use and so on.

http://www.global-military.com/j-15...rted-the-aircraft-carrier-pilot-training.html

bhramos

Country flag
J-15 carrier-based Fighter video taped first time after reportedly achieving first flight last August.

The J-15 is credited by the Chinese as indigenous development, but the Russians consider it a rip-off of a Sukhoi Su-33 that China acquired from the Ukraine. Moscow also has complained that China ripped off the Su-27 by starting a production line for the carbon-copy J-11B.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Until China can make their own engines, I really wouldn't be worried about it.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I want them to produce more and more of these aircrafts than buying original and keep them on tarmak with see through hole starting from engine exhaust to air intake. May be in time they will fill the bay with astronomical telescope.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I want them to produce more and more of these aircrafts than buying original and keep them on tarmak with see through hole starting from engine exhaust to air intake. May be in time they will fill the bay with astronomical telescope.
You mean like this?

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I must say, it looks exactly like the Su-30/33/35 variants...

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I am sorry but I can't see a tail hook in this air craft carrier based fighter? Please correct me if I am wrong here

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
nitesh it was there in some other pic posted in some forum let me see if i can find it..........

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
There seems to be something sticking out between both the engines in the first picture... something small in black...

Maybe that could be the tail-hook...

sandeepdg

Gotta give it to the Chinese, guys !! They sure as hell are the perfectionist when it comes to copying stuff , be it anything !! Look at the J-11 and the SU-27 and now this, SU-33 and the J-15 ! I predict a day when the Chinese will copy from others and sell the copied stuff back to them ! :emot15:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Certainly its a rip-off. From what angle doesn't it resemble Su-33? Everything! wing design, canards, engine and exhaust placement, horizontal and vertical stabilizers cockpit position; everything is a ditto of the Su-33. And how on earth is this a semi-stealth fighter? Even if we take 15% composites in its structure, look at the size of this fighter. Its shape, its aerodynamics, external storage, no nozzle covers, etc everything is like a typical conventional Su-27 series fighter. Making the same design out of Chinese composites and metals doesn't make it "China-made".

What amazes me is that why Russians aren't up in arms for filing a case of IPR violations. Had F-15 been copied, US would've gone berserk!

H.A.

Yes, this tiny fleet of perhaps four jets are the prototypes for the J-15 fighters that will soon be roaring off the deck of China's first aircraft carrier, the ex-Soviet Varyag. Keep in mind that the J-15 is basically an updated (improved avionics, sensors and weapons) copy of the late 1980s-vintage Sukhoi Su-33 fighters that fly off the Varyag's sister ship, the Russian navy's Admiral Kuznetzov. The Su-33 airframe was specifically developed to fly off the Kuznetsov and Varyag using the ships's ski-jump bow ramps to get aloft rather than the steam-driven catapults used on American carriers. Keep in mind that steam catapults allow much heavier but less powerful aircraft (like an E-2 Hawkeye) to take off from carriers than ramps do. Still, given the fact that China' new carrier fighter is based on a large Russian-long range fighter, the J-15 will likely have a combat radius of around 430 miles.
It's been reported that Chinese J-15 test pilots have been making take-offs and landings from land-locked mock ups of the Varyag's flight deck for several years, learning the tricky art of carrier operations long before they put to sea. These pilots will serve as an initial cadre to teach other chinese naval aviators who will further flesh out the intricacies of carrier flight operations when the Varyag starts operating with jets at sea. This will be a fairly tough job since there aren't many navies in the world who are currently willing to teach the PLAN how to fly off carriers, they're going to have to learn it solo.

http://defensetech.org/2012/04/24/chinas-carrier-fighter-fleet/#more-17058

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
If anyone calls it Indigenous then either he is a lier or an idiot-fanboy ! any blind person can tell you it's a copy :laugh: but i appreciate the work by Chinese, at least they are going to have a naval fighter like Su-33 for their carrier although not comparable to Su-33 in avionics but in aerodynamics.:taunt:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles