First photo of China's J-15 fighter for aircraft carrier

Blackwater

I must say, it looks exactly like the Su-30/33/35 variants...
Gotta give it to the Chinese, guys !! They sure as hell are the perfectionist when it comes to copying stuff , be it anything !! Look at the J-11 and the SU-27 and now this, SU-33 and the J-15 ! I predict a day when the Chinese will copy from others and sell the copied stuff back to them ! :emot15:
Certainly its a rip-off. From what angle doesn't it resemble Su-33? Everything! wing design, canards, engine and exhaust placement, horizontal and vertical stabilizers cockpit position; everything is a ditto of the Su-33. And how on earth is this a semi-stealth fighter? Even if we take 15% composites in its structure, look at the size of this fighter. Its shape, its aerodynamics, external storage, no nozzle covers, etc everything is like a typical conventional Su-27 series fighter. Making the same design out of Chinese composites and metals doesn't make it "China-made".

What amazes me is that why Russians aren't up in arms for filing a case of IPR violations. Had F-15 been copied, US would've gone berserk!
^^^^^ This is exact copy of SU-27!! Shame on China!!
SU-33 is based on SU-27 platform!
More like SU-33..

Jawab Darust Hai !!!!!

Answer is correct .

s002wjh

Country flag
Certainly its a rip-off. From what angle doesn't it resemble Su-33? Everything! wing design, canards, engine and exhaust placement, horizontal and vertical stabilizers cockpit position; everything is a ditto of the Su-33. And how on earth is this a semi-stealth fighter? Even if we take 15% composites in its structure, look at the size of this fighter. Its shape, its aerodynamics, external storage, no nozzle covers, etc everything is like a typical conventional Su-27 series fighter. Making the same design out of Chinese composites and metals doesn't make it "China-made".

What amazes me is that why Russians aren't up in arms for filing a case of IPR violations. Had F-15 been copied, US would've gone berserk!
i think the ariticle already indicate the airframe is copy of su33, but the internal avionc, radar, electronic are chinese made. just because the apperance look same does not mean a direct copy, i'm sure chinese work on alot on internal stuff etc.

panduranghari

i think the ariticle already indicate the airframe is copy of su33, but the internal avionc, radar, electronic are chinese made. just because the apperance look same does not mean a direct copy, i'm sure chinese work on alot on internal stuff etc.
Do you seriously believe what you wrote? Come now, be reasonable.

s002wjh

Country flag
Do you seriously believe what you wrote? Come now, be reasonable.
like the article said the internal avionic, electronic are chinese made. a direct copy is copy EVERYTHING. and i already said the airframe is a copy, so what were you saying?

H.A.

like the article said the internal avionic, electronic are chinese made. a direct copy is copy EVERYTHING. and i already said the airframe is a copy, so what were you saying?
Thats something new....i never heard of this....

New internal parts within an old outer design....but if they could master the internal electronics and avionics then why couldn't they put it in a new airframe altogether...shouldn't the airframe be easier to design if they can build the internal avionics etcetra.

ice berg

It saves time and money using old airframe. It takes years of effort to come up with a new airframe. China dont have the time. Even with the old airframe, it will take her years to scramble enough jets to fly off the carrier.
Imagine if they had to redesign the whole thing.....

s002wjh

Country flag
Thats something new....i never heard of this....

New internal parts within an old outer design....but if they could master the internal electronics and avionics then why couldn't they put it in a new airframe altogether...shouldn't the airframe be easier to design if they can build the internal avionics etcetra.
its easier and cheap way to do it. why spend billions on R&D and decade of time when the product already exist. when it come to national security, there is no right or wrong, pretty much true for any country.

also ukrain/russia might not give china any advance radar/electronic, even they did, it can't compare with western standard. so either force china make its own avionic, or they don't like the spec of ukraine/russia electronic.

as for frame, china might done something to it too. more composite material for lighter weight, coating etc.

china electronic is actually pretty good(not as good as US/others) due to import technology from western country, and dual use technology, its manfuacture base, and other factors. most avionice, electronic stuff are dual use so..

Last edited:

Tolaha

First comes the super stealthy, original design wala J20. And then back to copying Su33 design. Let our Chinese members ponder some time over this irony!

Blackwater

It saves time and money using old airframe. It takes years of effort to come up with a new airframe. China dont have the time. Even with the old airframe, it will take her years to scramble enough jets to fly off the carrier.

What a excuse. we call this

" yk to chori upper se sena jhori" can any member explain this to chini members

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Chinese copy SU-33 deign so does SU-27, But the avionic will be different from Russian SU-33, It will Incorporated same avionics from J-11B and same programming language of J-10..

The Air-frame may have more composite than Metal, this will enhance its service life in moist sea environment..

techsupport

Why hurry? :lol:

ice berg

What a excuse. we call this

" yk to chori upper se sena jhori" can any member explain this to chini members
It is not an excuse , it is an explanation. Someone asked for the reasons. I provided the answer. And you provided entertainment with your trolling as usual.

All set. More popcorns?:rolleyes:

debasree

Country flag
what shame they r shameless they r master of copying & revers engineering ,hardly anything indegenous:taunt1:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles