First export of the LCH to Sri Lanka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul92

They are stating that sri lanka is gonna get 20 LCH's

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i dont think for next 5 years HAL would have any thing for export order, it will be too busy with domestic orders, LCH is for anti tank role who will Sri Lanka use those against.

plugwater

i dont think for next 5 years HAL would have any thing for export order, it will be too busy with domestic orders, LCH is for anti tank role who will Sri Lanka use those against.
SL will use LCH for anti-boat role. Time to arm our fishermen with some stingers!!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I heard about separate naval version of LCH, am I right?
SL can wait for few years then. So can others.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The source is dubious, i can understand if an major indian media house publishes it but some internet web site cant be taken seriously!

plugwater

I heard about separate naval version of LCH, am I right?
SL can wait for few years then. So can others.
I'd prefer some heavy class attack choppers in out amphibious ships.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Come on guys - don't be ridiculous. SL is our friendly neighbor - problems with Fishermen notwithstanding. Would you rather have SL become a closer friend of China and Pakistan?
If SL gets LCH from India then we get three advantages - 1.We get a client export state where we can sell more arms , 2. We can keep tabs on what they use our choppers for and 3. make sure that Chinese are not selling arms to SL behind our backs.

Param

Come on guys - don't be ridiculous. SL is our friendly neighbor - problems with Fishermen notwithstanding. Would you rather have SL become a closer friend of China and Pakistan?
If SL gets LCH from India then we get three advantages - 1.We get a client export state where we can sell more arms , 2. We can keep tabs on what they use our choppers for and 3. make sure that Chinese are not selling arms to SL behind our backs.
Yup, you are right. relations with this friendly neighbor should be developed at any cost.. After all the lives of fishermen are expendable right? Who cares if they get gunned down or caught and murdered in international waters by our friendly neighbor.

As long we have can be safe sitting in front of our computers somewhere far from maritime boundaries who cares if a few helpless citizens of our country get killed by our friend?

And those people were thinking they were Indians protected by the Govt of India. Somebody needs to tell them that their lives are not valued. My God what would happen if our friend becomes a close friend of our enemies! India needs more such friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: KS

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Yup, you are right. relations with this friendly neighbor are more important. After all the lives of fishermen are expendable right? Who cares if they get gunned down or caught and murdered in international waters by our friendly neighbor.

As long we have can be safe sitting in front of our computers somewhere far from maritime boundaries who cares if a few helpless citizens of our country get killed by our friend?

And those people were thinking they were Indians protected by the Govt of India. Somebody needs to tell them that their lives are not valued. My God what would happen if our friend becomes a close friend of our enemies! India needs more such friends.
Right - holier than thou Mr Param - thanks for the personal hits.
Let's see - have you heard the term "for greater good"? Or the famous saying "An eye for an eye ... leaves the whole world blind"?
So, you want to create another enemy out of SL because SL navy might be involved in killing Indian fishermen? You know the story from their side? You know that in the guise of fishermen, Indian tamil sympathizers of LTTE (yes, tamils voting for DMK) were straying into SL waters and supplying weapons to LTTE for about 20 years? Even when IPKF was trying to keep the peace in SL, the tamil sympathizers of LTTE were arming them, many of the same arms were indeed used against the IPKF. You know what it is called? Treason.
it's also called international "terrorism", something we blame on our neighbors too.
Modern Indian fishermen also stray into SL waters, evoking their navy's ire. We need to train and equip our fishermen with locational and communication devices (gps, radios), without which they are sitting ducks.
Fishermen are NOT expendable - I agree. But neither are our armed forces. You want to make an enemy of SL, so that in the future, they give China an open door in our backyard? So that we can send hundreds if not thousands of our armed forces into their death if and when hostilities break out?
Have you heard of the word diplomatic strategy? The lesser of the two evil? Finding a friend instead of an enemy?
So, bottle your harangue if you want to be a responsible citizen of India.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I don't think we should arm a bunch of terrorists who attack our fishermen in OUR WATERS. I would welcome Israel as a better first customer. They are planning to replace their light AH-1 Cobras with something equivalent. And personally, I won't mind at all. Israel as a first customer would have much more advantages than SL (India haters). Some of them are:

- A trusted friend

- A potential hi-tech partner

- Raises HAL's "client base" profile big time (Israel is known for liking tech and if they like it, it gets the oomph factor we need to attract additional customers in international arena)

- Never holds us for ransom (SL's "we will go to China if you don't help" negotiation terms)

- Strong supporter of our political concerns despite friendship with China.

- No disputes, no issues and a common threat-- jihadi terrorism.

Param

@ace009 I did not expect this. If you are an Indian I am a bit shocked at this post.

I know there is no use arguing with people like you.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
I don't think we should arm a bunch of terrorists who attack our fishermen in OUR WATERS. I would welcome Israel as a better first customer. They are planning to replace their light AH-1 Cobras with something equivalent. And personally, I won't mind at all. Israel as a first customer would have much more advantages than SL (India haters). Some of them are:

- A trusted friend

- Raises HAL's "client base" profile big time (Israel is known for liking tech and if they like it, it gets the oomph factor we need to attract additional customers in international arena)

- Never holds us for ransom (SL's "we will go to China if you don't help" negotiation terms)

you forget they always claim India to be supporting LTTE..... and even SL people fear Indians as LTTE, this is my personal experiance in UK....

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
you forget they always claim India to be supporting LTTE..... and even SL people fear Indians as LTTE, this is my personal experiance in UK....
They just got Chinese now to bootlick. After the horrors they do to our innocent fishermen and this spineless MMS & Maino Co. bend backward even for that, UPA would be crossing the last straw selling a combat helicopter to the worst enemy of our Tamil people (by extension of which SL becomes a potential enemy to entire INDIA by always threatening to side with the Chinese). UPA disgusts me and they are a disgrace to our country for their yellow-bellied attitude.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan

- A trusted friend

Hey - first customer, second customer - how does it matter - I feel SL should be our customer for defense productions - that way we can control their actions.
As for "India haters" - they might have their reasons - read my last post. Who do you think funded and supported the LTTE?
When they asked for our help, we declined (after pulling back the IPKF). So they turned to Pakistan (not much use there), then to China - who supplied them with amrs and training to defeat the LTTE.
India has done it's share of stupid things - just because it's my country - "right or wrong" is not true for me.
I say we make SL our client state in terms of defense. Then we can control their shooting our poor fishermen better.

Param

Bhramos do you support the killing of Indian fishermen by SL on the pretexts that this guy Ace009 has mentioned in his post? I don't know whether he has any proof to support his claim or he is talking out of his ***.

The LTTE has been gone for more than 2 years now but fishermen deaths happened as recent as Jan 2011. So who were they supplying weapons for, to ghosts? Has the Govt made any statements regarding this.

I just want to know what fellow Indians think about this, This is not about the Sri Lankan Tamil issue but INDIAN CITIZENS.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
@ace009 I did not expect this. If you are an Indian I am a bit shocked at this post.

I know there is no use arguing with people like you.
Why? because I speak the truth and not parrot "patriotism"? You know what I think of blind "patriotism"? The last refuge of scoundrels.

Read again what I said about protecting our fishermen.

All neighboring countries have problems. Smart and responsible countries make the best of the situation and try to work with each other. Really strong and powerful countries make their neighbors dependant on them, so that they can be "made to see reason". Try USA-Canada, USA-Mexico, China-NK, Russia-most of Eastern Europe etc etc.

I want my country to be a "superpower" in the future. Which means I want India to have responsible and strong leadership in it's backyard. Not knee-jerk reactions. Sell the SL navy LCH. Make sure that they cannot use them against Indian fishermen - that is smart. If they still manage to use it against Indian fishermen, make sure they never get any support again. Hey - sell them cheap, so that SL is too grateful to bother our fishermen. It is called carrot and sticks. Anyway - if I am not the kind of Indian you want to see, but want our country to be as violent and asinine as Pakis - I greatly fear for India.

Last edited:

Phenom

Come on guys - don't be ridiculous. SL is our friendly neighbor - problems with Fishermen notwithstanding.
I bet it would be Ok as long as they are not killing your people right? If SL was killing people from your state, I bet you would have a different view on this issue.

Parthy

Air Warrior
You know the story from their side? You know that in the guise of fishermen, Indian tamil sympathizers of LTTE (yes, tamils voting for DMK) were supplying weapons to LTTE for about 20 years? Even when IPKF was trying to keep the peace in SL, the tamil sympathizers of LTTE were arming them, many of the same arms were indeed used against the IPKF. You know what it is called? Treason.
Those forces were kept accord was the decision made by Rajiv.. They were supported by India during Indira's period in 80's..

Fishermen are NOT expendable - I agree. But neither are our armed forces. You want to make an enemy of SL, so that in the future, they give China an open door in our backyard? So that we can send hundreds if not thousands of our armed forces into their death if and when hostilities break out?
Have you heard of the word diplomatic strategy? The lesser of the two evil? Finding a friend instead of an enemy?
So, bottle your harangue if you want to be a responsible citizen of India.
Do you think China can access SL port that easily for Military purpose.. Fine, assume they've got an access somehow to the ports. What amount of force they can get to those ports?? An AC battle group?? or SSN's?? Hardly they can get some two or three frigates that too under, say a friendly cover.. For a force of that size the air-strike corps stationed in Chennai is more than enough.... Don't get too scared about Chinese hand in SL.. By providing all Billion$$, maximum they'll get the loyality of SL government not more than that..

IMO, I would support building SL but not by giving a machine like LCH to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles