Fiji is currently very vunerable

Sailor

FIJIAN ISLANDS

It is just my opinion, but since the military coup in Fiji, I believe that anything can happen there. Maybe I'm wide of the mark, but then.............
Australia and New Zealand have cold shouldered them and frozen them out of all assistance so that " they will come to their senses".
The danger is that someone there might just think that one way of getting huge money in the door is to offer a foreign power land on one of their uninhabited islands to build a naval and air base. Fiji is a sovereign state and I don't know what we would do if such a scenario eventuated.
This happened when the US froze out Cuba. Look what happened there.
Guess who that foreign power could be? China would be there in an instant.
Once there we'd never get them out.

Fiji is ripe for the plucking. I hope someone that isn't as dumb as me knows it too.

Country flag
Sailor, chinese would love getting their foot in the door in Fiji ,it would be a Problem not only for Australia and new zealand but also the US seventh fleet.

Sailor

Maybe the US should think about it themselves. Think it would be a win win situation all round. Good strategic position and separated from the main population centres.

Country flag
sailor it would be a good idea and provide an umbrella for your part of the world but Obama is not the person to do it he is busying freeing all the terrorists from guantanemo.

Sailor

Ah! I have it. Send the terrorists to Fiji. Why didn't someone think of this before?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles