Fighter and Transport A/C bases

Kartooz

Country flag
For quite a while now I have been wondering about the bases of each aircraft type of the armed forces in the country. I have seen the Flankers at almost every military airport that I fly to, including but not limited to: Jodhpur, Leh, Pune, THOISE, etc. I have also seen a couple of Herons in Leh and Jammu.

Is there an exhaustive list on one of the threads that discusses this? If so, kindly point me out to the same, or we can share what we know here. Apologies if this has been discussed anywhere else on the forum.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Oh good that I found this thread. I wanted to discuss about the airports of Indian Armed forces. Like Naval bases , Airforce bases and army bases for their Aircrafts and Helicopters and Other things etc. I didn't want to clutter other threads so I guess I will use this one.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
For quite a while now I have been wondering about the bases of each aircraft type of the armed forces in the country. I have seen the Flankers at almost every military airport that I fly to, including but not limited to: Jodhpur, Leh, Pune, THOISE, etc. I have also seen a couple of Herons in Leh and Jammu.

Is there an exhaustive list on one of the threads that discusses this? If so, kindly point me out to the same, or we can share what we know here. Apologies if this has been discussed anywhere else on the forum.
Interesting, curious about how did you fly to Thoise.

However, I will suggest against making this list. It will be potentially sensitive information. Although major military bases like Jodhpur, Leh are known to all, there are many bases that are not apparent as "military base".
Moreover, which squadrons/flights are based at which airport is also potentially sensitive information we should refrain from sharing.

For you curious folks, I think this will suffice -

Kartooz

Country flag
Interesting, curious about how did you fly to Thoise.

However, I will suggest against making this list. It will be potentially sensitive information. Although major military bases like Jodhpur, Leh are known to all, there are many bases that are not apparent as "military base".
Moreover, which squadrons/flights are based at which airport is also potentially sensitive information we should refrain from sharing.

For you curious folks, I think this will suffice -
Let us not pretend that in this day and age of satellites and intense cross-border espionage, something as huge as an aircraft and its base is secret information.

And a correction on my part. I haven't flown to THOISE, but I have seen it when I was visiting Ladakh. THOISE has seen chartered flights in the past (every Tuesday and Thursday) for the army that were being done by Jet Airways. Probably being done by Air India now.

Kartooz

Country flag
Oh good that I found this thread. I wanted to discuss about the airports of Indian Armed forces. Like Naval bases , Airforce bases and army bases for their Aircrafts and Helicopters and Other things etc. I didn't want to clutter other threads so I guess I will use this one.
I am glad to hear that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles