Few suggestions for improving the user experience here..

NikSha

Just few options I think will help most users.

1) CP Option: There is no options to allow the user to go invisible in the forum.

2) Skin: The annoying Legal Disclaimer is still there eating up the space for no reason at all. It's not even collapsible (no idea if there are going to be any future skin tweaks).

3) Some members have hideous signatures with giant size text. Please limit the signatures to no images and no formatting rules. I have the avatars already turned off but I usually keep sig's on just in case it leads me to some interesting site linked on someone's sig. Right now it's just text spam with colorful quotes just distracting you while reading the actual post. Maybe set a default font OTHER than the default forum text font to differentiate as well? (or just remove formatting and limit the text size)

4) Is there any way to turn off that scrolling (red) quote tag (another line of wasted space)? I can probably turn it off in Opera but I suspect that it will end up blocking the shoutbox as well. Anyways, it's just annoying as hell.

5) In any new skin you guys will work on, in future, please differentiate between the colour of tables with actual content vs tables with useless info (the stats and tags.. etc.).

6) SUB FORUMS: Now this is one of the most annoying thing in most forums and usually ends up doing one thing. Hiding important content under series of sections and links.

Even on homepage of any site you want the user to see the content on the main page without going deeper into the site with links after links (most will never bother clicking).

Many important topics I have found and read have been buried under different sub-forums with hardly any activity (or at-least not what they deserve).

I think it's time to rethink the main forums and blend them with most sub-forums unless absolutely necessary. I know there are sub-forum links on homepage but yeah, doesn't do much. Every forum I have visited and moderated has ended up with same problem. Inactivity in sub sections.

7) Re-order the forums, like the Military Photos and Media should be on top or bottom of the "India's Defense & Military" section with different font colour or background colour. Whatever's easier.

That's pretty much it for now. I was going to edit the CSS for the forums to show what I was talking about but you guys are working on a new skin I think, so hopefully, some of these changes will make the next update.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Inline replies, pointwise.

Just few options I think will help most users.

1) CP Option: There is no options to allow the user to go invisible in the forum.
Why do you need it? This isn't Yahoo Messenger.

2) Skin: The annoying Legal Disclaimer is still there eating up the space for no reason at all. It's not even collapsible (no idea if there are going to be any future skin tweaks).
Agree fully. Should not be removed, but should be moved to the bottom of the page. (Usual location for disclaimers and privacy statements)

3) Some members have hideous signatures with giant size text. Please limit the signatures to no images and no formatting rules. I have the avatars already turned off but I usually keep sig's on just in case it leads me to some interesting site linked on someone's sig. Right now it's just text spam with colorful quotes just distracting you while reading the actual post. Maybe set a default font OTHER than the default forum text font to differentiate as well? (or just remove formatting and limit the text size)
Spot on mate. Could agree more.Kinda look like silly ads

4) Is there any way to turn off that scrolling (red) quote tag (another line of wasted space)? I can probably turn it off in Opera but I suspect that it will end up blocking the shoutbox as well. Anyways, it's just annoying as hell.
Doesn't matter, its too inconsequential.

5) In any new skin you guys will work on, in future, please differentiate between the colour of tables with actual content vs tables with useless info (the stats and tags.. etc.).
Ya, current table structure is kind of jumbled up. Needs restructuring.

6) SUB FORUMS: Now this is one of the most annoying thing in most forums and usually ends up doing one thing. Hiding important content under series of sections and links.

Even on homepage of any site you want the user to see the content on the main page without going deeper into the site with links after links (most will never bother clicking).

Many important topics I have found and read have been buried under different sub-forums with hardly any activity (or at-least not what they deserve).

I think it's time to rethink the main forums and blend them with most sub-forums unless absolutely necessary. I know there are sub-forum links on homepage but yeah, doesn't do much. Every forum I have visited and moderated has ended up with same problem. Inactivity in sub sections.
No comments.

7) Re-order the forums, like the Military Photos and Media should be on top or bottom of the "India's Defense & Military" section with different font colour or background colour. Whatever's easier.
Again, no comments as it doesn't bother me. :)

That's pretty much it for now. I was going to edit the CSS for the forums to show what I was talking about but you guys are working on a new skin I think, so hopefully, some of these changes will make the next update.

johnee

Absolutely unnecessary suggestions, IMHO.

Good suggestions.

A.V.

1. there is option to go invisible in the forum its limited to certain usergroups only stars and mods can use the option now...

2. skin will be changed in the coming months as i have informed just need to hold on
with the change of skin the legal notice will be made collapsable....

3. forum structure will be a better organized and sub-forums color scheme will be altered

for the next forum update members need to hold on as major updates are scheduled for september till then please bear with minor adjustments

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles