Female Circumcision Widely Practiced in Malaysia

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
How can this disgusting, barbaric, medieval practice be allowed in a modern country? Can Malaysia truly be considered "civilized"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
How can this disgusting, barbaric, medieval practice be allowed in a modern country? Can Malaysia truly be concerned "civilized"?

Well you gotta give credit where it is due. At least in Islam, there is no gender inequality when it comes to chopping off genital parts.

In my experience, the ones that make the most noise about this are Christian majority western countries, where people happily chop off their boys' foreskin while hypocritically condemning the same practice when it is applied to girls.

Let them first stop their barbaric practices before lecturing the world on right and wrong. It's nauseating to see such baseless self-righteousness.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Well you gotta give credit where it is due. At least in Islam, there is no gender inequality when it comes to chopping off genital parts.

In my experience, the ones that make the most noise about this are Christian majority western countries, where people happily chop off their boys' foreskin while hypocritically condemning the same practice when it is applied to girls.

Let them first stop their barbaric practices before lecturing the world on right and wrong. It's nauseating to see such baseless self-righteousness.
1. I don't think it is common in any Western nation other than the US.
2. I read that it was practiced for males in US to stop them from jerkin' off.
3. Also there seems to be some evidence that a circumcised penis has lesser chance of receiving HIV.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
How can this disgusting, barbaric, medieval practice be allowed in a modern country? Can Malaysia truly be concerned "civilized"?

I don't know why Malaysians are doing this, coz female circumcision is more a sub saharan thing than an Islamic thing. I could be wrong though.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
1. I don't think it is common in any Western nation other than the US.
2. I read that it was practiced for males in US to stop them from jerkin' off.
3. Also there seems to be some evidence that a circumcised penis has lesser chance of receiving HIV.
1. It is common in the English speaking world including the US, Australia, Canada and the UK.
2. What a ridiculous reason. Remember, most circumcisions are performed on infants.
3. Yea, and if you chop off the whole thing, you have an even lesser chance of developing HIV. Point is, circumcision came first (the practice originates from Judaism and is passed down to Christianity) and the link to HIV was made much more recently as a way for religious zealots to justify the practice since otherwise it is obviously inhumane and barbaric.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
1. It is common in the English speaking world including the US, Australia, Canada and the UK.
2. What a ridiculous reason. Remember, most circumcisions are performed on infants.
3. Yea, and if you chop off the whole thing, you have an even lesser chance of developing HIV. Point is, circumcision came first (the practice originates from Judaism and is passed down to Christianity) and the link to HIV was made much more recently as a way for religious zealots to justify the practice since otherwise it is obviously inhumane and barbaric.
1. Wow, I did not know that. Are you sure ? I was under the impression that circumcision was prevalent only among US christians, afa Euro populations are concerned.
3. Yes circumcision came before and yes the HIV thingy is a way to justify circumcision. But it may be true that circumcision lowers chance of contracting AIDS. Is it true @civfanatic
Btw my stand on it is: Don't do it on kids. Let them make the choice when they grow and can take informed decisions (In which case I'm pretty sure that most non religious people will avoid it).

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is also practised by a community in India, which otherwise is very progressive.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Barbaric or otherwise, is Female Circumcision scientific?

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
anyone else feeling the same odd feeling of blade cutting your peewee :sick:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If the Muslims find this female circumcision something that is very essential, then why should others make such a song and dance over it?

If they love doing so, so be it!

warriorextreme

Country flag
Male and Female circumcision is part of desert religions which as the name suggests originated in deserts where there is scarcity of water...there can be no non religious justification for this...

bennedose

Barbaric or otherwise, is Female Circumcision scientific?
No. The name itself is balderdash. Women have no foreskin and "female circumcision" is removal of the clitoris and other unspecifed bits of flesh.

When humans are foetuses in the mothers womb and male-female differentiation has not occurred the gelitalia look similar. But in the male a little knob of tissue fuses with two strips of tissue below it to form a penis which therefore has three parts or chambers in its shaft

In the female the same part that becomes the "knob" (glans) of the penis remains small and forms the clitoris. The two strips of tissue that fuse to form the bottom half of the penis in the male remain separate in the female and the vaginal opening develops between those two strips. The two strips become the "inner lips" labia minora in the woman.

The "Labia majora" or what is seen outside as the female genital organs actually forms the scrotum (the balls-bag) in the man

So there is absolutely no corresponding female structure that can be removed by female circumcision. Only surgeons and gynaecologists can see and understand these little details (which are simply di*k and c*nt) for others. What is chopped off is random, variable and highly mutilating

As an aside "labiium" means lip (labia=lips) - similar to Sanskrit "Labha"

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No. The name itself is balderdash. Women have no foreskin and "female circumcision" is removal of the clitoris and other unspecifed bits of flesh.

When humans are foetuses in the mothers womb and male-female differentiation has not occurred the gelitalia look similar. But in the male a little knob of tissue fuses with two strips of tissue below it to form a penis which therefore has three parts or chambers in its shaft

In the female the same part that becomes the "knob" (glans) of the penis remains small and forms the clitoris. The two strips of tissue that fuse to form the bottom half of the penis in the male remain separate in the female and the vaginal opening develops between those two strips. The two strips become the "inner lips" labia minora in the woman.

The "Labia majora" or what is seen outside as the female genital organs actually forms the scrotum (the balls-bag) in the man

So there is absolutely no corresponding female structure that can be removed by female circumcision. Only surgeons and gynaecologists can see and understand these little details (which are simply di*k and c*nt) for others. What is chopped off is random, variable and highly mutilating

As an aside "labiium" means lip (labia=lips) - similar to Sanskrit "Labha"
A very illuminating and educative explanation, especially now the organs form.

Thanks,

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Medically, Circumcised penis is far "safer" than an uncircumcised one.

Its only barbaric if no anaesthesia is used. But in most places, circumcision is done only with anaesthesia.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
1. Wow, I did not know that. Are you sure ? I was under the impression that circumcision was prevalent only among US christians, afa Euro populations are concerned.
Do the Chrisitians do it too?? I thought only the Jews and the Muslims do it.

3. Yes circumcision came before and yes the HIV thingy is a way to justify circumcision. But it may be true that circumcision lowers chance of contracting AIDS. Is it true
It reduces the chances of any STI. Also, it reduces the chances of Penile carcinoma;). And the risk of penile carcinoma is lower in patients where the circumcision is done earlier. For instance, Jews who undergo circumcision at birth, have much lower chances of Penile Cancer than the Muslims who do it at a later age.
Btw my stand on it is: Don't do it on kids. Let them make the choice when they grow and can take informed decisions (In which case I'm pretty sure that most non religious people will avoid it).
Some times it is necessary to do it on them for medical reasons. Also, a cricumcised penis is a lot cleaner-hence chances of penile cancer is less. Do you still think it is a bad idea to circumcise the penis?

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
i was reading some stuff on circumcision and i found out circumcision reduces the orgasm pleasure by 60% i.e a circumcised male/female will feel less pleasure then an uncircumcised one.

in circumcision foreskin of penis and a minor part of clitoris in females is reduce.
in man's case foreskin consists of 60% of nerve endings and therefore removing it means less arousal/masturbation and less orgasmic pleasure.
also circumcised male have to use lube while doing intercourse and they find it hard to get stimulated while performing congress :troll:

so i say this circumcision thing is bullsh8t.i mean why would someone would want to reduce his baby's sexual pleasure??

also std prevention by circumcision is a myth.
you can't stop a f@cking virus from entering your peewee just by removing your penis's foreskin.i mean without foreskin penis is like more vulnerable and there is a better alternative then cutting your peewee "USE THE F@CKIN PROTECTION"
In female it is done to for the same purpose i.e less arousal and less orgasmic pleasure :sick:

bennedose

also std prevention by circumcision is a myth.
you can't stop a f@cking virus from entering your peewee just by removing your penis's foreskin.i mean without foreskin penis is like more vulnerable and there is a better alternative then cutting your peewee "USE THE F@CKIN PROTECTION"
LOL

Reminds me of the story of a village where a health worker demonstrated to a man about how to use a condom. He unrolled the condom on his thumb. A year later the health worker returned to the same village and met the same man. The man complained that condoms do not work. "Why?" asked the health worker. "Did you use it?".

"Of course" replied the disappointed man, "I wore a condom on my left thumb each and every time - just like you showed me. And my wife is pregnant with out fifth child"

Reactions: sob

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles