Feeding stray dogs

Shredder

Country flag
Do you guys feed stray dogs? I feed most of the dogs in my lane and the next, and also at work.

I encountered some assholes today who abused and fought with me for feeding a hungry animal. I always remove any remnants of the food, container etc.

Your thoughts on the same...

Last edited:

itsme

Country flag
Do you guys feed stray dogs? I feed most of the dogs in my lane and the next, and also at work.

I encountered some assholes today who abused and fought with me for feeding a hungry animal. I always remove any remnants of the food, container etc.

Which place? I always feed strays when I get a chance but have never encountered problems like this. In fact I have come across many people who feed strays.

Haldiram

Country flag

I always feed stray puppers. 1-2 of them become favorites so they linger around more frequently. There are always people like @Chatrapathi :D

But I be like..

Excuse me sir..no touch muh pupper..

armyofhind

Country flag
I have two dogs near my home in my society who I have fed since they were little puppies. Now they're grown and keep hanging around the house. They recognise all the vehicles that belong to the people in the society and at night if any other vehicle comes in, they bark at it like mad.
So apart from the guards who keep watch at night, these two do as well. :)

Prayash

These assholes are irritating.they just want their family to eat,earn...
U carry on

Akshay_Fenix

I do it everyday.there are disgusting people living around me.they throw stones on dogs.these people deserves jail.there must be a law against people who harm dogs, cats.
WTH isn't it against your religion. but still kudos.

.......................................................................................................

ashdoc

Country flag
Stray dogs spread rabies by biting people . But doctors like me and pharma companies are not complaining because we get more patients for taking Anti rabies injections :biggrin2:

Haldiram

Country flag
Stray dogs spread rabies by biting people . But doctors like me and pharma companies are not complaining because we get more patients for taking Anti rabies injections :biggrin2:
Do we still have incidence of rabies in India? I remember the "14-injections in the stomach" adverts that gormint ran 15 years ago. It used to be a real scare back then. I think they made a 1-injection version of that medicine later?

Neither me nor my stray pups are vaccinated. My hands always have small cuts and nicks from their biting and scratching. Every time I put my hands in spicy food or wash my hands with hand sanitizer, my hands be like...

anupamsurey

Country flag
Do we still have incidence of rabies in India? I remember the "14-injections in the stomach" adverts that gormint ran 15 years ago. It used to be a real scare back then. I think they made a 1-injection version of that medicine later?

Neither me nor my stray pups are vaccinated. My hands always have small cuts and nicks from their biting and scratching. Every time I put my hands in spicy food or wash my hands with hand sanitizer, my hands be like...

BRo get your pets vaccinated,rabies is a silent killer with no cure....

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Everyone who has the means should take their dogs (meaning any strays that are your friends/trust you) and at the very least get them rabies shots. And if possible get them sterilized.

That way they don't become a public health nuisance (and assholes dont get excuses to attack/hurt them); and you also don't get any trouble from other people.

Also, if you ever see/hear/doubt anyone hurting them; either fuck that person up or report them to authorities.

ashdoc

Country flag

Certainly we do have instances of rabies . The injections now are given in arm rather than in abdomen , making them less painful . Now the regimen is of 5 injections instead of 14 . But the new injections are very costly . 500 rupees per injection . Otherwise back to old 14 painful injections in abdomen if you can't afford .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It is wise to feed stray dogs and other animals and it is wiser to get these dogs vaccinated and birth control procedure must be followed...you see in many urban areas stray dogs attack people in packs too.
Partially true... While it's always best for residents or municipality to arrange for vaccination and sterilisation these dogs, but there are ones already living around you.

Easiest option is to occasionally feed them leftovers & be at good terms with the local dogs. None of them will ever be a threat to you again.

Haldiram

Country flag
Certainly we do have instances of rabies . The injections now are given in arm rather than in abdomen , making them less painful . Now the regimen is of 5 injections instead of 14 . But the new injections are very costly . 500 rupees per injection . Otherwise back to old 14 painful injections in abdomen if you can't afford .
These are preventive vaccinations? or to be taken after bitten, like one takes a Tetanus shot?

happylion

Country flag
It is always wise to get them sterilized and vaccinated.They will prevent other strays and you will also be safe. Win win for both

Haldiram

Country flag
One real incident: My street has 6 strays one fine-day they start attacking one medium size pig, it took almost 2 hrs to subdue that pig and then suddenly one family(feeds stray) come out and start to throw stones at dogs to save the pig.

...want to stop them but don't know how they react as they are good family i leave that matter .... Poor doggies. @Haldiram puppers

BTW My street has 6 dogs,4 pigs,3 cows & monkey's occasionally ..STRAYS :)

Now the big question arises are the family is cruel or me??

As i know it from 2hrs they are trying to kill/eat the pig or the family who stopped natural order by throwing stones &save that pig?
It's simple. Feed the pig to the Muslim and train the monkey to take care of the puppy.

Arsalan123

WTH isn't it against your religion. but still kudos.

.......................................................................................................
feeding to someone is not against religion.in islam,it's not allowed to adopt a dog because they defined it as najis but cats are allowed.it's rule in islam.our government has created shelters for poor people but i advised them to open shelters for dogs as well.i think they will not listen.it's so sad.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
When I see someone feeding stray dogs I feel very angry and have a strong urge to slap them.

But I confess I am wrong there. It shows their kindness and I must respect them for being kind souls full of Karuna. :hail:

Logically speaking, I don't mind them feeding strays. They should be encouraged to run shelter homes for the strays.

And also municipality should cull stray dogs regularly.
But that is also cruel, including to the people who will take such a job and brutalize their own souls as part of job.

Perhaps there should be a desk in every municipality or district/taluka headquarters for residents to register complaint about increase in number and nuisance of strays in their area and such strays should be fed to Tigers and lions in Zoo?

And that self entitled ManekaG should not be given any ministry or government position.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles