Fearing Hindi invasion, Bangladesh bans Doraemon

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Bangladesh has banned Hindi-dubbed version of the popular Japanese cartoon 'Doraemon' from its TV screens over fears that youngsters hooked to it might struggle to learn their native tongue Bengali.

Bangladesh's Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu told the Parliament yesterday "the government doesn't want children's educational atmosphere to get vitiated due to the telecast of Doraemon."

"The government has already issued notices directing to stop the telecast of unapproved foreign satellite television channels like Disney, Disney XD and Pogo. So, the airing of the children's favourite cartoon Doraemon has been banned," he added.

Ruling Awami League lawmaker Shahriar Alam last week demanded immediate ban on airing of the cartoon Doraemon in the country. He had said television stations should air foreign cartoons after dubbing them in 'Bangla'.

Apprehending negative effect of the cartoon, Alam said that this type of cartoons might change the mother tongue in the future. He went on to say 'Doraemon' serial only taught about telling lies and speaking Hindi.

He said the cartoon serials should teach the children about the moral and religious values and motivate them for education.

http://www.firstpost.com/fwire/fearing-hindi-invasion-bangladesh-bans-cartoon-on-tv-627182.html
--
:lol:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Apprehending negative effect of the cartoon, Alam said that this type of cartoons might change the mother tongue in the future. He went on to say 'Doraemon' serial only taught about telling lies and speaking Hindi.

He said the cartoon serials should teach the children about the moral and religious values and motivate them for education.

Fearing Hindi invasion, Bangladesh bans cartoon on TV | Firstpost
--
:lol:

Show them Baal Hanuman in Bangla. Baal Hanumaan is popular in Pakistan .

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Childhood=Ruined.

amoy

ah Doraemon. A version of their native tongue can be easily made. Why imported Hindi? A copyright issue?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bal Hanuman is also a gragon slayer...
See the vidieo...

Ha Ha Ha....

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
bangladesh banega hindidesh
maharashtra banega mahahindirashtra
tamil nadu banega hindi nadu
kashmir rahega jammu & kashmir

gokussj9

Country flag
Seems like Bangladesh is on its merry way to become another Pakhana-land.
At least thats what I would go by my observation on the kind of posts I have seen on
Puke forum and sometimes on BR. Keep it up.:thumb:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Don't know about the language part by I hate it when my kids watch Doremon because that character if Nobita is a loser who hates school and it started to have an effect on my kids. It's not a good cartoon but its very difficult to control kids and remote :(

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
bangladesh banega hindidesh
maharashtra banega mahahindirashtra
tamil nadu banega hindi nadu
kashmir rahega jammu & kashmir
After all, the language which is the Link Language of the Country is Bollywood Hindi spoken on the Streets of Mumbai, Maharashtra.

It's Bombay Culture at the end of the day!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles