Faster than Missiles: Russia Developing Space Age Fighter Jet

gadeshi

Maybe this will be helpful for us just like Brahmos. They won't have the money to complete development and manufacturing. We can jointly develop.
It's doughtly.
MiG-41 is far distant project, it is unknown what it will be in the result.
And of course Russians have and will have enough money to make it if it will be admitted as a crucial AD part.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
It's doughtly.
MiG-41 is far distant project, it is unknown what it will be in the result.
And of course Russians have and will have enough money to make it if it will be admitted as a crucial AD part.
How can you be so sure? They didn't have enough money for Brahmos, right? Also, they are already under economic sanctions and going through a war. Their economy is not going to thrive in the near future.

Country flag
Most bvr have fifty percent accuracy in close range. Don't see a practical scenario where planes would race with missles even SAMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gadeshi

How can you be so sure? They didn't have enough money for Brahmos, right? Also, they are already under economic sanctions and going through a war. Their economy is not going to thrive in the near future.
They don't need Brahmos because they have Onyx :)
3M55 Onyx is internal and much sophisticated version of the family.
Brahmos is just a MKI-zed variant of 3M55E Yakhont - Onyx simplified export version. :)
As for sanctions... They don't affect budget money but persons in the govt. and ability to get cheap western operational credits/loans for banks and entreprises. But this doesn't work as defence projects are not financed by credits/loans at all.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They don't need Brahmos because they have Onyx :)
3M55 Onyx is internal and much sophisticated version of the family.
Brahmos is just a MKI-zed variant of 3M55E Yakhont - Onyx simplified export version. :)
As for sanctions... They don't affect budget money but persons in the govt. and ability to get cheap western operational credits/loans for banks and entreprises. But this doesn't work as defence projects are not financed by credits/loans at all.

Of course they don't. But Brahmos is just an example I gave. I'm talking about money needed for aircraft.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

gadeshi

Of course they don't. But Brahmos is just an example I gave. I'm talking about money needed for aircraft.
They have the 5-th economy in the world and 3-rd production power.
They have more than $650 Billions of reserves and aren't doing to cut defence budgets.

And as I've said earlier, MiG-41 is far distant project that has all the time it needs to get clear requirements and substantional resources.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They have the 5-th economy in the world and 3-rd production power.
They have more than $650 Billions of reserves and aren't doing to cut defence budgets.

And as I've said earlier, MiG-41 is far distant project that has all the time it needs to get clear requirements and substantional resources.
They had the same stats during Brahmos. Sanctions were not even there. But they still asked India for money.

gadeshi

They had the same stats during Brahmos. Sanctions were not even there. But they still asked India for money.
Note the timeframe when BrahMos was started - the harsh 90-s.
Times have changed, isn't it? :)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

For those who know SR-71. It is retired now, what will Russia do with such a plane?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

gadeshi

For those who know SR-71. It is retired now, what will Russia do with such a plane?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
Actually done in late 80-th with MiG-31 adoption :)

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Even if he is able to maneuver, will he be able to take the G force?
Tell me in detail. In reusable space shuttle , astronauts have to overcome g-force both at the time of escaping earth's atmosphere and re-entering it after mission completion. How do they do it? Obviously pressurised space-suit & zero-gravity space-capsule help? I couldn't get information by googling !!

gadeshi

Tell me in detail. In reusable space shuttle , astronauts have to overcome g-force both at the time of escaping earth's atmosphere and re-entering it after mission completion. How do they do it? Obviously pressurised space-suit & zero-gravity space-capsule help? I couldn't get information by googling !!
Shuttle is in fact a hypersonic non-maneuvering glider.
This is rather different behavior and concept than a fighter.

sasum

Shuttle is in fact a hypersonic non-maneuvering glider.
This is rather different behavior and concept than a fighter.
But it accelerates at tremendous speed. G- Force, as I understand is experienced during upward movement & sharp turning as in a roller-coaster ride?

sasum

Note the timeframe when BrahMos was started - the harsh 90-s.
Times have changed, isn't it? :)
More than money, Russians wanted to use a navigational software we developed, that suited nicely to Brahmos and afforded it supersonic speed with cruise maneuverability.

gadeshi

But it accelerates at tremendous speed. G- Force, as I understand is experienced during upward movement & sharp turning as in a roller-coaster ride?
It doesn't maneuver with any significant intensity so the acceleration grows and lows slowly.

gadeshi

More than money, Russians wanted to use a navigational software we developed, that suited nicely to Brahmos and afforded it supersonic speed with cruise maneuverability.
Indian software... Oh, that Indian developers... :)
No offence guys :)
Just market. Indian market and Indian great talent in commercial negotiations and sales.
And of course, Moscow wanted to arm its allies with sophisticated weapons avoiding RSMD and missile technologies control treaties.

Country flag
Russian planes are about one generation behind to USA in stealth and speed. Russian still don't have anything that matches
B2 bomber developed 25 years ago.

gadeshi

Russian planes are about one generation behind to USA in stealth and speed. Russian still don't have anything that matches
B2 bomber developed 25 years ago.
We don't know anything indepth about US and Russian stealth to compare them except for Russian inside (very few) and US advertisement (alot but still unconfirmed) :) So, take calm.
As for speed...
MiG-31 is a match for SR-71. T-50 has 2650km/h full and 2100km/h supercruisible speed even with 117 engines (with 50% fuel and normal weapons load) comparable to F-22 that has 2100km/h full and 1700km/h supercruisible speed with production mature engines. And even though it has only 100 NM supercruise capability, then it will exaust fuel :)

gadeshi

As for B-2...
It is obsoleted as a concept and FUCKING EXPENSIVE for a combat unit, even very special one. So why to have such a budget buster if you can build and run more effective ones in much greater numbers?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles