Farm Dreams of DFIans

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
My first attempt to get into Agriculture was a disaster. I got conned :(

For me agriculture is a gold mine. I will surely try again after my current business stabilizes.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
My first attempt to get into Agriculture was a disaster. I got conned :(

For me agriculture is a gold mine. I will surely try again after my current business stabilizes.
What attempt did you make?

I am thinking of tentatively stepping into teak.

(OT for this thread of course - maybe a new thread on business?? :D)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Teak is quite expensive business.Capital required will be huge.

I was targeting exports in the long run. First wanted to dabble in the local market. Went Kaput!!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

Teak is good but it takes 10 years to get returns.

Agriculture has a lot of subsidy. If you have a stretch of 10 acres of good soil, then its a gold mine provided there are good water facilities to water the plants. These days in my village people are using drip irrigation.

lemontree

Professional
Agriculture has a lot of subsidy. If you have a stretch of 10 acres of good soil, then its a gold mine provided there are good water facilities to water the plants. These days in my village people are using drip irrigation.
I'm into agro trade. I can get your villagers a good price for their stuff.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Teak is good but it takes 10 years to get returns.

Yes, the time duration is a bit of an issue. I'm no expert - what I heard though, was that 5-6 years is also a reasonable time to expect returns in... basically I am looking to do something with land instead of simply selling it away for meagre profit.

EDIT: Also, what I know is that several other plants can be grown in the shade of teak trees, in the plantation. Plants with a 9-12 month cycle.

Last edited:

Param

Yes, the time duration is a bit of an issue. I'm no expert - what I heard though, was that 5-6 years is also a reasonable time to expect returns in... basically I am looking to do something with land instead of simply selling it away for meagre profit.
Have you tried planting Safed Musli?:D
There was a huge demand in the past atleast.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

I had same idea last year.

Im keen on agriculture too....family lands are idle. But who will go there and supervise ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Teak is quite expensive business.Capital required will be huge.

I was targeting exports in the long run. First wanted to dabble in the local market. Went Kaput!!
Give numbers! :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had same idea last year.

Im keen on agriculture too....family lands are idle. But who will go there and supervise ?
I lost my money because of this. We have. I time from our work. Left it to someone who we thought was trustworthy :(

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Give numbers! :)
I don't think you will be able to plant team just about anywhere. I think it grows in a particular soil and climatic conditions. Burmese trek is the most sought after.
I can't give numbers but I know it's expensive. Price of teak has gone through the roof.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't think you will be able to plant team just about anywhere. I think it grows in a particular soil and climatic conditions. Burmese trek is the most sought after.
I can't give numbers but I know it's expensive. Price of teak has gone through the roof.
I have land in assam...it should grow there. burma is right near.

how expensive ?

trackwhack

I am retiring next year. House by the lake being built. :)

Teak and Mahogany saplings already planted. Starting a dairy with 20 cows. Also on the agenda is some top of the line Californian Sativa and some good old Idukki Indica.

All are welcome to come and chill out. There will be night safaris on a boat with night vision equipment. The lake borders a reserve forest with tigers and elephants. Ahh, cant wait. :):high5:

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

Teak and Mahogany saplings already planted. Starting a diary with 20 cows. Also on the agenda is some top of the line Californian Sativa and some good old Idukki Indica.

All are welcome to come and chill out. There will be night safaris on a boat with night vision equipment. The lake borders a reserve forest with tigers and elephants. Ahh, cant wait. :):high5:
really? seriously?

gimme the location address

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Teak and Mahogany saplings already planted. Starting a diary with 20 cows. Also on the agenda is some top of the line Californian Sativa and some good old Idukki Indica.

You serious?
I'm jealous.

trackwhack

You serious?
I'm jealous.
Of Course I am serious. Worked my butt off for a long time to get what I wanted. Unlike other lucky Fckrs, my dad was not rich. You are on my friends list right? Watch out for an invite in a couple of years :)

btw, Teak plantation initial expense is not high as someone previously stated. 4 acres of platation of teak and mahogany cost me less than 20K.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Of Course I am serious. Worked my butt off for a long time to get what I wanted. Unlike other lucky Fckrs, my dad was not rich. You are on my friends list right? Watch out for an invite in a couple of years :)
Congrats man!!!
Beautiful location.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles