Farm Dreams of DFIans

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Anyone knows why olives are not farmed in Gujarat & Rajasthan?

A cash crop with very high returns!

anupamsurey

Country flag
Anyone knows why olives are not farmed in Gujarat & Rajasthan?

A cash crop with very high returns!
olives are newly introduced in India, but its farming is picking up fast. there is even a govt monitored programme for olive farming, but i m not sure the farmers would like to have a crop which initially takes years to give out come, comparatively soya, and sunflowers are a rapid way for cash. this is where the extension programmes come in, there should be incentives to the farmers too

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Ah, I was one of the initial contributors to this thread, 2+ years back. My farm dreams are still dreams, unfortunately. But I have stronger dreams than ever before.

As soon as I earn enough money, the first thing I will do is to buy a large tract of agricultural land near a forest reserve, build cottages there and grow huge teak and other trees all over the place.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Good to see that this thread is still alive. but buying a farm and developing a farmhouse is not that expensive, i have my own farm house though it is not that big and green as thy show in movies. my area receives very little rainfall but i had a success in growing Mango trees and guava trees there.

i initially started with a poultry and farming for its feed, but i purchased adjacent land for throw away price and extended it to horticulture ..thats a steady income along with my govt. salary.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Ah, I was one of the initial contributors to this thread, 2+ years back. My farm dreams are still dreams, unfortunately. But I have stronger dreams than ever before.

As soon as I earn enough money, the first thing I will do is to buy a large tract of agricultural land near a forest reserve, build cottages there and grow huge teak and other trees all over the place.
so you are looking for a place near Mandya, or mysore:cool2:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
so you are looking for a place near Mandya, or mysore:cool2:
Further. I want something near Bandipur or Masinagudi or BR Hills. I want to be close to the forest and the hills. I have so much love for that part of the country, ah!!!

Why did you ask about Mandya and Mysore? Do you have something? I have friends who are interested - they are looking to pool and purchase something now, and they are looking around Kanakapura road at present.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Further. I want something near Bandipur or Masinagudi or BR Hills. I want to be close to the forest and the hills. I have so much love for that part of the country, ah!!!

Why did you ask about Mandya and Mysore? Do you have something? I have friends who are interested - they are looking to pool and purchase something now, and they are looking around Kanakapura road at present.
nah just asked casually, because mandya, and mysore are beautiful places, you can add shimogga too.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Nature at its most brutal - Bandipur forest, Karnataka (200 km from Bangalore) - watch from 2:50:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rajputra

I just want to get rich and buy land of my Ancestors in my homeland.

We had our own jagirs but somehow we lost it 4 generation ago. Needless to say my great grandfather sold our Ancestors Land and started business in rangoon. Those Chinkis rioted against wealthy Indians in 1920s, 30s and 40s.

We even lost that business and now we are living as middle class family.... we are struggeling for last 3 generations so now you know why i want to own land of my Ancestors :)

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I want to have my own farm of fruits and tea garden somewhere near nainital or simla plus a small tea and cafeteria there.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
My first attempt to get into Agriculture was a disaster. I got conned :(

For me agriculture is a gold mine. I will surely try again after my current business stabilizes.
I too am very much interested . I am going to discuss so many things in my Rural economic model development thread.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
My first attempt to get into Agriculture was a disaster. I got conned :(

For me agriculture is a gold mine. I will surely try again after my current business stabilizes.
My first attempt is not a big success but not a big disaster as well. Visit my farms one day. They are in excellent location. I am planning a resort cum permaculture fruit forest in my farms. You will feel excited. We can go there for 2 days of visit and live in my friend 's farm house. It will be like a picnic. It has a lot to explore like jungle, rivers, wildlife sanctuary, world heritage site, mountains, shakti Peeth, vibrant culture etc. Let us go there once.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Teak is quite expensive business.Capital required will be huge.

I was targeting exports in the long run. First wanted to dabble in the local market. Went Kaput!!
I have the land. Let us do together.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles