Falkland Islands part deux

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Oil was discovered there so expect them to keep hold of it.

The mind boggles on how they claim its there's when its two oceans away.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
@Messiah

What were Che's views on the Falklands? After all he was from Argentina, but I don't know if he was very patriotic towards Argentina or not. He was always more of an internationalist than a nationalist.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I dont think he spoke of it...the flare up was after his time.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Damn, I type "Che's views on Falklands" on Google and I get "Did you mean China's views on Falklands"? :tsk:

Google sucks.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
trackwhack
Sidenote : When are we going to make an official claim on all the loot they plundered?
Have you calculated what your share will be? Enough to buy the Mitsubishi?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Argentina, which claims sovereignty over the Falkland Islands, along with Brazil and Uruguay, has enforced blockade barring British vessels from reaching there.

http://toi.in/Kjnhsa

Not having an Aircraft Carrier is going to hurt. The South Americans have chosen a good time to test British resolve.

Actually it would be great to see the Argentines attack and take over the island and if the Brits are not able to do anything about it.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Argentina has to invade the territory since the population there does not want to be associated with Argentina... same with Gibraltar.

It's interesting how America will react to an escalation. We all know there's will be no love lost between Ms. Fernandez and Washington.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not having an Aircraft Carrier is going to hurt. The South Americans have chosen a good time to test British resolve.

Actually it would be great to see the Argentines attack and take over the island and if the Brits are not able to do anything about it.

But the RN have cruise missile armed submarines that can be just as deadly against Argentinian air and naval bases...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
But the RN have cruise missile armed submarines that can be just as deadly against Argentinian air and naval bases...
The RN had a hard time firing a handful at Libya. I doubt Argentina would be worried at the same show of force.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Britain will sorely miss her aircraft carrier and regret the downsizing of their armed forces.

The Mercusor countries (trading block comprising of Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) has indicated that British ships should not dock in Mercusor ports. The UK has reacted strongly that this is an attempt to isolate the Falkland Island people and damage their livelihood.

While there is no reason to be concerned about any armed confrontation, but then it cannot be ruled out.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
All the Argies have to do is shutdown MPA and it is over for the British.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The RN had a hard time firing a handful at Libya. I doubt Argentina would be worried at the same show of force.

Not exactly a hard time, but their stocks were running low. In any case, if Argentina wants to settle this issue militarily it better to it earlier...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Argentina has to invade the territory since the population there does not want to be associated with Argentina... same with Gibraltar.

It's interesting how America will react to an escalation. We all know there's will be no love lost between Ms. Fernandez and Washington.
Maybe Obama will invoke the Monroe Doctrine with UK.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles