Face-off in South China

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India has never shown any inclination to occupy foreign land. So it will not march to Lhasa. But yes, Aksai Chin remains a legitimate target.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No sir, we don't want any annihalation, just our land back.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What would the 15 ABC do?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Colonel sir,

Do the points you wanted me to realize coincide with these ?

1. The war would be over before the fuel crunch comes into play, because none of the countries would want to make it nuclear, and it would be at maximum, conventional skirmishes.
2. IAF vs PLAF technical comparisons make no sense, as PLAF would consider its operations a success if they manage to keep the IAF from hurting their ground forces. Air-superiority would be impossible, PLAF would try to stop IAF from establishing air-dominance.
3. Each side's navy will be slaughtered in the other side's area of influence, due to the strength of the opposing air force.
4. Seeing the amount of mobilization of ground assets by each side, and the difficult terrain, battle will favour the defending side and neither side will be able to make a breakthrough. If a breakthrough is made, it cannot be sustained, and the aggressor can risk getting cut off.

The facts change if the war opens on two fronts, but that has already been discussed in another thread.

masterofsea

The US&India's dominance of Indian ocean is a impede of restoring of China's glory of the past.But we have intelligence and patience,we will get the achievement just we did in the past.In the early of Han dynasty,China was besieged by Huns.It took 3 emperors' lifetime from start of accumulating power to first strike back against Huns.After a series of expeditions lasting 127 years From Wu emperor's crown to Xuan emperor's.Finally,Huns were driven out from china,they fled to Europe.

In the case of Malacca&India ocean predicament.We should learn something from history.Following Deng Xiaoping's guideline,who had the same family name with me,is a proper way.His word is “韬光养晦,有所作为”.I have no idea of its proper interpreting.Simple interpreting is "Hide your true capacity,do something in proper time.

purplemarco

India and China: Eastern Border and Indian Ocean | StratPost

'So in the event of a repeat conflict over the eastern borders could India move strategically to choke Chinese maritime movement of strategic supplies, especially petroleum?

“This requires some really imaginative speculation. First one has to examine the deterrence effect of a naval blockade by India, assuming we have the capabilities to do it,” begins one senior uniformed officer’s analysis. “Will the threat of a naval blockade around the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, that has the effect of creating a barrier to Chinese maritime movement across the Straits of Malacca, be taken seriously? It will, after all, be a huge task,” he points out.

“There are doubts as to the capability of the Indian Navy, as it stands today, to be able to accomplish such a task. Imagine what this would require. Even if our navy were able to establish a blockade, China has been building up reserve capacities, which, from what I hear is enough for forty days. Can our navy keep up the blockade for forty days? Especially since China has been littering its pearls all over the Indian Ocean,” he points out, referring to China’s ‘string of pearls’ policy of practicing naval diplomacy by gaining access to ports, by building them in various maritime countries. Examples include Sri Lanka’s Hambantota, Bangladesh’s Chittagong, Myanmar’s Cocos Islands, Pakistan’s Gwadar.'

purplemarco

I think the Indian navy chief's comments a couple of weeks back, about India not being able to match China 'division-for-division' were telling. According to my interpretation, Admiral Mehta was basically pointing out that it needn't be the Indian Army in the northeast that prevents an invasion, it could be the Indian Navy in the Indian Ocean that performs this function, by presenting a threat of a strike at a place where China is more vulnerable.

no smoking

Country flag
No sir, we don't want any annihalation, just our land back.
That is funny. We Chinese believe that is China's land.
So I realy don't think you can grab this land from our hand without annihalation.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No smoking,
what you believe is your problem not the fact. That land was occupied by China in 62.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Colonel sir,

Do the points you wanted me to realize coincide with these ?
You forgot one thing. The war would be decided by one big battle. After that, like the last time, it's up to the spin doctors to determine who won or lost. All the soldiers know on both sides is that the shooting would have been stopped.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
You forgot one thing. The war would be decided by one big battle. After that, like the last time, it's up to the spin doctors to determine who won or lost. All the soldiers know on both sides is that the shooting would have been stopped.
Oh well. That completes my query then.
No more bugging. I swear. :wink:

deltacamelately

Professional
The US&India's dominance of Indian ocean is a impede of restoring of China's glory of the past.But we have intelligence and patience,we will get the achievement just we did in the past.
masterofsea,

Its great if China regains its lost glory.
However, the glory gets beaten when you encroach upon foreign lands, encroach further and then run away with your tail between your legs before the enemy mobilises to make contact, only to keep sitting on liitle piece of land that doesn't grows even a blade of grass.

Not to mention, 47 yrs of bad blood and animosity and billions spent on arms.

Antimony

The US&India's dominance of Indian ocean is a impede of restoring of China's glory of the past.But we have intelligence and patience,we will get the achievement just we did in the past.In the early of Han dynasty,China was besieged by Huns.It took 3 emperors' lifetime from start of accumulating power to first strike back against Huns.After a series of expeditions lasting 127 years From Wu emperor's crown to Xuan emperor's.Finally,Huns were driven out from china,they fled to Europe.

In the case of Malacca&India ocean predicament.We should learn something from history.Following Deng Xiaoping's guideline,who had the same family name with me,is a proper way.His word is “韬光养晦,有所作为”.I have no idea of its proper interpreting.Simple interpreting is "Hide your true capacity,do something in proper time.
For a culture that professes "Hide your true capacity,do something in proper time", aren't you showing your hand a bit early?

And you wonder why everyone is wary of China?

advaita

mattster,

Take any population on the Atlas of 1B+ people. See who killed whom and how many times and for what reason, then you will understand where the glorius pasl of India brought them after 1300 years of downward journey.

As for Chinese they dont fulfil the above criteria of civilization probably because they are not a civilization (just a party)...but come on you have to give them credit for holding off the worlds biggest Superpower ever and successfully getting that superpower dependent on itself.

As for OEDC, dont you guys think, you are at the top of the cliff and the road is only downwards (doesnt GB, France, Japan give any new ideas about the future of US). I personally am of the view that the road downwards is irreversible though the plane is not very steep.....

Just my view though...You also have a point. Just half of it.

hbogyt

re

mattster,

The Chinese empire used to be the strongest( I think OOE can elaborate on this) in the world just as USA is now.

However if we would again be in that position and possibly weaken USA, it would conform to your logic to say that you had no glory.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
The Chinese empire used to be the strongest( I think OOE can elaborate on this) in the world just as USA is now.
Nope, I don't think I can. The only other time that there was an Empire that had no rivals and was not afraid of any army on earth was the Mongol Empire and I have a hard time calling that a Chinese Empire.

China and India were the richest Empires at one point but their military dominance never extended beyond their immediate borders and certainly not across into Europe.

Antimony

As for OEDC, dont you guys think, you are at the top of the cliff and the road is only downwards (doesnt GB, France, Japan give any new ideas about the future of US). I personally am of the view that the road downwards is irreversible though the plane is not very steep.....

Just my view though...You also have a point. Just half of it.
Having stayed in the OECD countries for a few years now, I MOST-CERTAINLY-DON'T.

Let there be no confusion on this point. Their infrastructure, social services, business practices, law and order systems (including legal systems) are miles and miles ahead and continue to improve at a pace faster than ours. We will take at least 50 years to catch up, if we manage to start. At from what I see in India, that start is either painfully slow or not taking off at all. The only improvement in India has happened from liberalisation of the private sector. There is still a looong way to go.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles