F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Oh that's nice. Thanks for telling me. By the way it is said that the pilot of this Particular F-35 was a Woman, do you think this might have played a Role in the Crash?
I don't think so. If USN give a 100 $ million bird to a pilot, man or woman, it is because this pilot is a good one.
And this is only a rumor so far (the woman pilot).

Shuturmurg

Country flag
No bro there were so many people pointing this out (Not trying to discriminate against Woman here though)
Most airforces have female fighter pilots, and many of them did their own studies before inducting them and even after inducting them.

So, its I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with pilot being woman.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For that time it is not so uggly.
Focus on the new paint scheme. Take a guess what it is for... reduced radar or IR or both signature?

A similar paint scheme was also seen in one F-22...

images (10).jpeg

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
USAF launches F-35 advanced engine effort
The USAF is looking to replace the F-35's incumbent F135 powerplant with a new advanced engine from FY 2028 to provide increased thrust and more efficient thermal management, while at the same time affording more electrical power and cooling to accommodate future high-energy lasers and other advanced weapon systems. (Pratt and Whitney)
The F-35 Adaptive Engine Replacement (FAER) RFI seeks information on a complete propulsion system to be integrated into the F-35A variant aircraft, with a contract to be awarded in fiscal year (FY) 2024 and deliveries starting from FY 2028.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I've read that SH18 are fitted with an automatic landing system on carrier.
If true, it's surprising not to see it on F35 C

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I've read that SH18 are fitted with an automatic landing system on carrier.
If true, it's surprising not to see it on F35 C
The software was developed by Boeing to allow the X-45N to land and takeoff autonomously on aircraft carriers has recently been installed on the first F/A-18F.
Maybe the software is not adopted by Lockheed Martin. Automatic landing system was never part of original design specification.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles