F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Secondly, you confused between the seeker field of regard and the seeker field of view. They are not the same thing. The field of regard is the total degree in vertical and horizontal that the seeker will cover when it complete a full scan. The field of view is the beamwidth,which is the instantaneous volume that the seeker will see when it transmit each pulse
The radar beam of missile still appears wide in field of view and field of regard in that image.. so...uh thanks?

So normally, the field of view of the seeker is around 0.5-1 degree whereas the field of regard is often 60*60 or a full half sphere coverage.
When target is within the detection range of seeker, there is two situation happens.
Got any source that states .5 to 1 degrees please? Air-to-air guided missile RVV-MD | Catalog Rosoboronexport (roe.ru) seeker angle seems a little wide there.

I mean, I do see a 1 degree on one of those beams in that image if that is what you are talking about? But counting all those beams give me a bigger number atleast more than 30 since counting them is screwing with my eyes.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
The radar beam of missile still appears wide in field of view and field of regard in that image.. so...uh thanks?
Got any source that states .5 to 1 degrees please? Air-to-air guided missile RVV-MD | Catalog Rosoboronexport (roe.ru) seeker angle seems a little wide there.
I mean, I do see a 1 degree on one of those beams in that image if that is what you are talking about? But counting all those beams give me a bigger number atleast more than 30 since counting them is screwing with my eyes.
This number you see below is the field of regard, and not the field of view

Capture.PNG

Secondly, the picture is to illustrate how the radar beam steering inside its field of regards, it doesn't mean the seeker will send 30 beams simultaneously

SARTHAK

Country flag
KFX is still much closer to a full stealth than a 4.5 gen
But what make you think normal stealth aircraft can't fly with stealth wingman too?
stealth + very stealth > semi stealth + very stealth
View attachment 86255
i never said stealth was unneccessary but surely it was overrated ,if kfx like aircraft can do the work then why f35 like super complicated machine which even usa is failing to perfect ,too much emphasis on stealth is not correct ,a balanced approach like kfx must be good in every sense

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Thirdly, the detection range you were given is also in perfect situation, but in reality, these stealth aircraft will have jamming asset protecting them, either in the form of fiber optic towed decoy such as ALE-70 or in the form of self propelled decoy like MALD-N, SPEAR-EW or in the form of long range standoff jamming like EA-18G...etc. In any case, the true detection range of missile seeker against stealth aircraft will be much smaller than the stated value, especially consider that stealth and jammer are synergy
What if those missiles come with dual homing say active/passive?

Secondly, the picture is to illustrate how the radar beam steering inside its field of regards, it doesn't mean the seeker will send 30 beams simultaneously
Does the antenna cover that view or the missile radar has to move or steer?

StealthFlanker

Country flag
i never said stealth was unneccessary but surely it was overrated ,if kfx like aircraft can do the work then why f35 like super complicated machine which even usa is failing to perfect ,too much emphasis on stealth is not correct ,a balanced approach like kfx must be good in every sense
Because you don't always have perfect datalink to control your wing man, sometime the jamming from enemy make that very hard to do
besides, the stealthier your aircraft, the more safe you can be.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Because you don't always have perfect datalink to control your wing man, sometime the jamming from enemy make that very hard to do
besides, the stealthier your aircraft, the more safe you can be.
more more more stealth brings more more more cost more more sophistication to such extent that availability of craft suffers

StealthFlanker

Country flag
What if those missiles come with dual homing say active/passive?
Depend on the kind of passive seeker you are talking about: Radio or Infrared?
and if infrared, are we talking about reticle spin sensor or imaging infrared? and if imaging infrared, are we talking about scanning array or staring array

Does the antenna cover that view or the missile radar has to move or steer?
The missile itself doesn't steer aerodynamically, the seeker antenna will steer to cover the field of regard. Just like any normal radar scan

more more more stealth brings more more more cost more more sophistication to such extent that availability of craft suffers
Then it come down to who you are, if you are the pilot then normally you want the best equipment possible
If you are the one who pay for these equipment, then normally you want something cheap enough

SARTHAK

Country flag
and if infrared, are we talking about reticle spin sensor or imaging infrared? and if imaging infrared, are we talking about scanning array or staring array

The missile itself doesn't steer aerodynamically, the seeker antenna will steer to cover the field of regard. Just like any normal radar scan

Then it come down to who you are, if you are the pilot then normally you want the best equipment possible
If you are the one who pay for these equipment, then normally you want something cheap enough
there needs to be a balance ,f22 is the best then why the quantity is so limited, BALANCE is necessary

panzerfeist1

Country flag
I will go with radio, I will have to research later if the moskva-1 could identify where and when jamming occurs towards missile

StealthFlanker

Country flag
I will go with radio, I will have to research later if the moskva-1 could identify where and when jamming occurs towards missile
Passive radio seeker on missile have good instantaneous angular coverage but lack ability to measure range and velocity, so normally it is used as secondary guidance: home on jams
But the biggest problem is that there are just so manything to draw their attention. You don't even need a full size self propelled jammer like Spear-ew or MALD

Last edited:

Fonck83

Country flag
IN 2016 Denmark ordered 27 f-35s. The first one just left the factory in a standard ... unusable in operation according to the USAF.

In 2016 India ordered 36 Rafales. Today it has 18 already in operation ...

I know it is not comparable. I just note the result.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Around 200 is the casuality in Pakistan may be more now. Many army and police personnels have resigned in favor of protesters against France. Your embassy will be shut down completely there
May I suggest to Macron to definitively close the Pak embassy ? It is useless. Better improving our links with Israel and India. They are interesting peoples, not these speaking monkeys.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
May I suggest to Macron to definitively close the Pak embassy ? It is useless. Better improving our links with Israel and India. They are interesting peoples, not these speaking monkeys.
French have guts to stand up against them.. hopefully they don't back out now.

And Irony is Erdogan said Muslims are being lynched like Jews were... Although it was a French school teacher/prof. Samuel patty who was beheaded by Muslim in the most gruesome way possible.

They are zombie on a mission.. whether Indian Muslim or pakistani French or American.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
French have guts to stand up against them.. hopefully they don't back out now.

And Irony is Erdogan said Muslims are being lynched like Jews were... Although it was a French school teacher/prof. Samuel patty who was beheaded by Muslim in the most gruesome way possible.

They are zombie on a mission.. whether Indian Muslim or pakistani French or American.
Last time I wrote the following sentence, I was ban from https://**********/ :

The muslim are 2 billion on earth. They gained 2 nobel prizes.
The jews are nearly 15 millions. They gained 194 nobel prizes.

So 13000 more times for a jew than for a muslim. All is said. Most of them are all but non interesting.

omaebakabaka

Last time I wrote the following sentence, I was ban from https://**********/ :

The muslim are 2 billion on earth. They gained 2 nobel prizes.
The jews are nearly 15 millions. They gained 194 nobel prizes.

So 13000 more times for a jew than for a muslim. All is said. Most of them are all but non interesting.
You can add Indians to the list too....but it depends on whether you believe in Nobel prize for its objectivity....not the best barometer. Lot of egyptians and iranians public research material but most are based in west. Indians publish lot of stuff from india a lot from abroad.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
You can add Indians to the list too....but it depends on whether you believe in Nobel prize for its objectivity....not the best barometer. Lot of egyptians and iranians public research material but most are based in west. Indians publish lot of stuff from india a lot from abroad.
among the sole 2 muslim nobel prize , one was for an iranian.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles