F-22 may see action in case of a next gulf war

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
New US Stealth Fighters Now at Iran's Back Door - Yahoo! News

America's most sophisticated stealth jet fighters have been quietly deployed to an allied base less than 200 miles from Iran's mainland, according to an industry report, but the Air Force adamantly denied the jets' presence is a threat to the Middle East nation.
Multiple stealth F-22 Raptors, which have never been combat-tested, are in hangars at the United Arab Emirates' Al Dafra Air Base, just a short hop over the Persian Gulf from Iran's southern border, the trade publication Aviation Week reported.
Air Force spokesperson Lt. Col. John Dorrian would not confirm the exact location of the F-22s, but told ABC News they had been deployed to a base in Southwest Asia -- a region that includes the UAE. Dorrian also stressed that the F-22s were simply taking part in a scheduled deployment and are "not a threat to Iran."

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I doubt it...in the gulf wars one side doesn't let its plane take off only knowing that are inferior.

Even f16 is enough imo.

Damian

No problems with F-22A's, neither with their cockpits, the problem is with OBOGS, for some reason it besides taking oxygen from outside to generate oxygen for pilot, also takes toxins from exhaust gases, nobody knows why because OBOGS takes oxygen from plane front (air intakes) not rear. LM trys to find the problem and fix it. Same thing was also detected in some other fighters using OBOGS as far as I can remember.

So the OBOGS is a reason of at least some accidents with F-22's. It is problematic, some even says that it will be better to get back to older system, called LOX I think. On the other hand fixed OBOGS might be included in Increment 3.1 or 3.2 upgrade.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles