F-16 Viper

Wisemarko

Country flag
Hm. Good info. age of airframe is also a factor for the feasibility of the project.

And With growing chinese influence and fear of espionage in Pakistan i wonder if USA will supply Taiwan equivalent upgrades to Paki.
Maybe downgrade it by 25%>
F-16 airframes can be refurbished to 12000 hour service life. That is a long life.

Super falcon

Country flag
F 16 orders are on boom turkey also wants big chunk of new vipers but also considering EF 2000 if USA denied Turks need new hi tech jet to counter Hellenic airforce but vipers are not the jets which will be able to stop greeks as they themselves ordered them so EF 2000 with air superiority capability with TFX will be enough to counter rafales and vipers of Greek air force

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
F 16 orders are on boom turkey also wants big chunk of new vipers but also considering EF 2000 if USA denied Turks need new hi tech jet to counter Hellenic airforce but vipers are not the jets which will be able to stop greeks as they themselves ordered them so EF 2000 with air superiority capability with TFX will be enough to counter rafales and vipers of Greek air force

Turks ain't gonna get shit

WolfPack86

Country flag
US to move ahead with transfer of F-16 jets to Turkey
VILNIUS, July 11 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden's administration will move ahead with the transfer of F-16 fighter jets to Turkey in consultation with Congress, national security adviser Jake Sullivan said on Tuesday, a day after Ankara gave the green light for Sweden to join NATO.

Turkey, which had been the main stumbling bloc on Sweden's path towards the alliance, had requested in October 2021 to buy $20 billion of Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) F-16 fighters and nearly 80 modernisation kits for its existing warplanes.

Blademaster

US to move ahead with transfer of F-16 jets to Turkey

Turkey, which had been the main stumbling bloc on Sweden's path towards the alliance, had requested in October 2021 to buy $20 billion of Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) F-16 fighters and nearly 80 modernisation kits for its existing warplanes.
Where is Turkey getting the money???? Especially after the turkish economy tanking to Erdogan's stupid economic policies?? The Turkish lira has pretty much bombed this year, depreciating about 300% in the span of 2 years.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Where is Turkey getting the money???? Especially after the turkish economy tanking to Erdogan's stupid economic policies?? The Turkish lira has pretty much bombed this year, depreciating about 300% in the span of 2 years.
Same place where Pakistan gets money for military purchases

shade

Country flag
Military budget there is given good priority unlike here.
I mean even if you increase the budget here the jokers don't actually buy anything so.

Blademaster

Military budget there is given good priority unlike here.
I mean even if you increase the budget here the jokers don't actually buy anything so.
I understand there is a military budget but how did they get the military budget in the first place, i.e. the money to sustain the military budget?

DumbPilot

Country flag

The clarity of the comms alone print a very clear picture, not to mention the radar screen being recorded

blackjack

Country flag
God damn it, I was genuinely looking forward to Turkish domestically produced 4th gen and 5th gen aircraft but the f-16 purchases might put it on hold.

shade

Country flag
I understand there is a military budget but how did they get the military budget in the first place, i.e. the money to sustain the military budget?
They have enough money.
Military budget gets a good priority among serious nations, perhaps the pressure for "freebies" from the voting class isn't as bad as it is here, so it frees up Erdogandu to build up the Turki fauj for a possible Ghazwa of Greece or whatever.

btw Turkey's current set trajectory by Erdogan is to become a Great Power like the Ottoman times, they are not content by being America's pet.
You don't become great power with potato military.

Blademaster

They have enough money.
Military budget gets a good priority among serious nations, perhaps the pressure for "freebies" from the voting class isn't as bad as it is here, so it frees up Erdogandu to build up the Turki fauj for a possible Ghazwa of Greece or whatever.

btw Turkey's current set trajectory by Erdogan is to become a Great Power like the Ottoman times, they are not content by being America's pet.
You don't become great power with potato military.
so you are saying that Turkey has effectively gone down the Soviet path prioritizing military over economy and social issues?

DumbPilot

Country flag
10 minutes of Israeli Vipers simply shredding the Syrian Air Force Fishbeds and Floggers with translations from an Israeli friend of mine. Footage from the 1981 Israeli Operation Mole Cricket 19, in which they killed about 30 Syrian SA-6(at the time, latest!) SAMs and about 100 Syrian fighters planes, all without a single loss of aircraft.

Video:

Translation:

1690391149391.png

If anyone is interested, here is a USAF breakdown and analysis of the USAF to know exactly how the Israeli got so many kills with their equipment(F-16/F-15s/F-4s)

Bakaa Valley Case Study USAF.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles