EV Recommendation Thread

warriorextreme

Country flag
I will kick this thread of with my own request. I am planning to buy an e-scooter. Can someone who is using an e-scooter give their overall experience? My preference would be e-scooter with portable batteries that I can just take out and bring to my home for charging as I live in an apartment complex that does not have an E-Charging setup yet.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I will kick this thread of with my own request. I am planning to buy an e-scooter. Can someone who is using an e-scooter give their overall experience? My preference would be e-scooter with portable batteries that I can just take out and bring to my home for charging as I live in an apartment complex that does not have an E-Charging setup yet.
@FalconSlayers share ur experience , i think simple energy one is better

RocketMan

Country flag
Nexon EV is best VFM EV you can buy . With a real life range of ~220 , its a great car to drive & vastly cheaper to run & maintain than any ICE vehicle .

DocK

Country flag
Hello friends,
Having trouble with wife deciding on which scooter to buy next.

Wife likes heavy body, agressive styling and is leaning towards Jupiter or Ntorq. I am trying to push in a electric vehicle.

Any suggestions?

s_madaans

Country flag
Hello friends,

Wife likes heavy body, agressive styling and is leaning towards Jupiter or Ntorq. I am trying to push in a electric vehicle.

Any suggestions?
LoL....go n buy a scooter from HER options...otherwise...She will keep on complaining about her driving experience every time she drives the scooter (which you are planning to push in) :bplease:

Spindrift

LoL....go n buy a scooter from HER options...otherwise...She will keep on complaining about her driving experience every time she drives the scooter (which you are planning to push in) :bplease:
You sir are a wise man! :truestory:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Hello friends,

Any suggestions?
be a man and buy an internal combustion engine scooter
EV is a fad-facade

Jimih

Country flag
Dude! You're spewing such stinking BS, that I had to create an account to call you out!
You're living in a world that's a decade old (original Nissan Leaf era!). Currently there's no EV in the market that's 'air-cooled'....they all have liquid-cooling systems that cools both the battery-pack and the motors.
EVs are more effective in higher altitude areas as they are not dependent on the atmospheric pressure, temperature or density. On the other hand, Internal Combustion engines can be severely encumbered by low atmospheric density as combustion in the cylinder expects a certain amount of oxygen...which won't be present! Either ICE vehicles operate sub-optimally or special engines need to be developed for those areas.
Who are you? Dalal of EV here?

I have appended in my later post that what Indian Army should currently require and that is not EV.

Iam not here saying ICE are better in higher altitude. Don't give a damn if you created an account to call me out. Members like you come and go here.

SKC

Country flag
You can make your case for ICE/Hybrid vehicles based on charging options etc. But to REPEATEDLY claim that motors & batteries will work sub-optimally at high altitudes due to COOLING DEFICIENCIES is utter BULLSHIT!
I might 'come and go' on this site, & you may linger forever.....neither of those facts can make your turd of a post taste like gulab jamoon!
Actually, the range of the EV cars drops significantly in Colder climate.

"South Korea's antitrust regulator said it would impose a 2.85 billion won ($2.2 million) fine on Tesla Inc for failing to tell its customers about the shorter driving range of its electric vehicles (EVs) in low temperatures. "

South Korea fines Tesla $2.2M for false range claims

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Actually, the range of the EV cars drops significantly in Colder climate.

"South Korea's antitrust regulator said it would impose a 2.85 billion won ($2.2 million) fine on Tesla Inc for failing to tell its customers about the shorter driving range of its electric vehicles (EVs) in low temperatures. "

South Korea fines Tesla $2.2M for false range claims
range of ev is highly exaggerated just like that of air defence system, real world range is at least 30% less this is true for all EVs.

SKC

Country flag
range of ev is highly exaggerated just like that of air defence system, real world range is at least 30% less this is true for all EVs.
Not that point even the real range will drop significantly in colder climate. Cold does not favor the batteries and the motors.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Not that point even the real range will drop significantly in colder climate. Cold does not favor the batteries and the motors.
In very hotter climate also they are dangerous as battery may cath fire due to overheating.
hybrid vehicle seems to be better choice for now.
Ev should me made mandatory for government officials instead

Blademaster

You can make your case for ICE/Hybrid vehicles based on charging options etc. But to REPEATEDLY claim that motors & batteries will work sub-optimally at high altitudes due to COOLING DEFICIENCIES is utter BULLSHIT!
I might 'come and go' on this site, & you may linger forever.....neither of those facts can make your turd of a post taste like gulab jamoon!
Dude! You're spewing such stinking BS, that I had to create an account to call you out!
You're living in a world that's a decade old (original Nissan Leaf era!). Currently there's no EV in the market that's 'air-cooled'....they all have liquid-cooling systems that cools both the battery-pack and the motors.
EVs are more effective in higher altitude areas as they are not dependent on the atmospheric pressure, temperature or density. On the other hand, Internal Combustion engines can be severely encumbered by low atmospheric density as combustion in the cylinder expects a certain amount of oxygen...which won't be present! Either ICE vehicles operate sub-optimally or special engines need to be developed for those areas.
Sorry but hybrids are better in that kind of climate and terrain. Jimih is right. Liquid cooling may work up to a fashion. But liquid cooling does need a medium to radiate heat to retain its cooling capabilities. On a long term basis, hybrids work better for now.

SKC

Country flag
In very hotter climate also they are dangerous as battery may cath fire due to overheating.
hybrid vehicle seems to be better choice for now.
Ev should me made mandatory for government officials instead
Almost all EV cars right now come with some sort of liquid colling which will manage them well in hot climate.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles