Europeans and Racism

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
A fire reproduces, gives birth to more fire. So fire must be the ultimate feminine element. That is also logical. :)

Element is element. it is a gender neutral, NOT masculine or feminine. Gender is bound by our DNA, NOT our affinity to elements or energy.
Now you are confusing the metaphysical concepts of Atman with mortal body and xx and xy chromosomes. My posts were in context of Atman - The divine self .

What was your gender in past life who knows do you? YOU DONT.

Ofcourse you're born either male or female.

In the same way we must not lie about genders biologically we must also not lie about the fact that men and women can actually be in behavioral and inner terms more on the opposing side - cucked male and femnists is best example.

Your body is accumulation of stuff you gathered over time.

Your mind is heap of impressions you gathered over time.

Then what is I ?

What is the reality ?

And that is gender all picture to ones existence ?

Vedic Rishis such as Yagnavalkya debated and inquired into the nature of reality.They understood that this world is constantly changing but there also exists something or someone which never changes. They perceive that despite our body aging and decaying, the same changeless reality also resides within us. Consequently the Rishis declared that there are two categories Brahman : The Spreme Divinity and Atman : The Divine Self , which. satisfy the criteria of being eternal. Brahman is utterly transcendent but yet it underpins and makes up all that we can perceive while the Atman is who we are beyond this body and mind both are described as Sat having eternal existence , Chit pure awareness and Ananda utterly blissful.

You hillariously branded greeks ideas of reality , infinity or transmigration of soul given by Pythagoras(after studying Bhartiya stuff) being synonyms to modern western homosekshuals lgbt western bs without understanding the metaphysical aspects behind it only because you cant comprehend concepts of Atman and Yoga .

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Members better stop bullshitting before I have to close the thread down.

It's anyway quite funny to see Catholic whines whinning about racial superiority that even over industrial and scientific achievements of EU, US and USSR lol. Do they even understand that taking that trajectory in account translates into relative devolution?

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Resulting from their racial superiority complex, In 1960s and 70s Britain, hundreds of black children were labelled as "educationally subnormal", and wrongly sent to schools for pupils who were deemed to have low intelligence.

For the first time, some former pupils have spoken about their experiences for a new BBC documentary.

In the 1970s, at the age of six, Noel Gordon was sent to what was known at the time as an "educationally subnormal" (ESN) boarding school, 15 miles (24km) from his home.

"That school was hell," says Noel. "I spent 10 years there, and when I left at 16, I couldn't even get a job because I couldn't spell or fill out a job application."

About a year before joining the ESN school, Noel had been admitted to hospital to have a tooth removed. He was given an anaesthetic, but it transpired that Noel had undiagnosed sickle cell anaemia, and the anaesthetic triggered a serious reaction.

Noel says the resulting health issues led to him being perceived as having learning disabilities and being recommended for a "special school". Yet no evidence or explanation of his disability was ever given to him or his parents.

"Someone came and said they'd found "a special boarding school with a matron where they'd take care of my medical needs", says Noel.

During that conversation they also said Noel was "a dunce. Stupid."

But Noel's parents were not made aware that his new school was for the so-called educationally subnormal. They had moved to England from Jamaica in the early '60s and had high expectations for their son's education.

During his first night at the boarding school, six-year-old Noel lay alone in bed, crying for his mum. The school felt cold and institutional.

"I can still smell the old wooden flip desks. Oh, and being racially abused on my first day," he says.
A student hurled racial slurs at him in the classroom but wasn't reprimanded - the teacher simply told him to sit down.

His parents only realised what kind of school it was when Noel, then seven, was punched by a 15-year-old boy, and his father visited for the first time.

Noel recalls his father saying to the headmaster, "This is a school for handicapped children" - using an outdated term. He says the headmaster replied, "Yeah, but we don't like to use that word, we call them slow learners."

The realisation was devastating, but Noel's father felt powerless to change things.

The term "educationally subnormal" derived from the 1944 Education Act and was used to define those thought to have limited intellectual ability.

"That label made children feel inferior," says education campaigner Prof Gus John, who came to the UK from Grenada in 1964 as a student, and soon became aware of the issue.

"Students from ESN schools wouldn't go on to college or university. If they were lucky, they'd become a labourer. The term was paralysing and killed any sense of self-confidence and ambition."

Black students were sent to these schools in significantly higher proportions. The documentary makers have seen a 1967 report from the now-defunct Inner London Education Authority (ILEA), which showed that the proportion of black immigrant children in ESN schools (28%) was double that of those in mainstream schools (15%).

"The percentage of black children in ESN schools relative to black students in normal schools was scandalous," says Gus John.

But why were so many black children defined as subnormal?

Figures from the 1960s and '70s show that on average, the academic performance of black children was lower than their white counterparts. This fuelled a widespread belief that black children were intellectually inferior to white people.

Many teachers saw black children as intellectually inferior, and feared that too many black pupils in a class would depress the attainment of white pupils.

Following a protest by white parents in Southall, west London, in June 1965 the government issued guidance which underlined the social, language and possible medical needs of immigrant children, and suggested maintaining a limit of about 30% of immigrants in any one school.

As a consequence, many local authorities adopted the policy of bussing - sending immigrant children to schools outside their local area in an attempt to limit the number of ethnic minorities i
n schools. The practice finally ended in 1980.

"The education system fuelled and legitimised the idea that black Caribbean children were less intelligent than other children. This was why so many of them ended up at ESN schools. It was rampant racism," says Gus John.

Many wrongly equated race with intellectual ability. But as the late educational psychologist Mollie Hunte argued, the generally poor attainment of black students wasn't because of their intellectual ability. Instead, the tests used to assess pupils at the time were culturally biased.

According to Prof John, teachers didn't try to understand the cultural barriers black children faced, and the assessments didn't consider their domestic and socioeconomic circumstances - or the impact of migration. Many children would travel to the UK only once their parents had settled in. They arrived in an unfamiliar country to live with virtual strangers, who they had not seen for years.

"This displacement and movement caused a lot of trauma," says Prof John. "There was grief and bereavement. Those children would often not see their grandparents again."

Maisie says that the decision to send her to an ESN school was a mistake that ruined her life chances. Like Noel, she wasn't taught a curriculum.

"We played games, had discos… I call it a 'free school' because the education was so basic and we played a lot more than we worked," she says.

It was only in her 30s, decades after being sent to the ESN school, that Maisie was diagnosed with dyslexia.

"Rather than help me with my learning difficulties, I was simply dismissed as stupid. Teachers never took the time to find out why I struggled with learning. That messed up my confidence," she says.

"I was slow, but a teacher should have taken the time to help me learn."

According to Maisie, the lack of learning and support was only part of the problem.

"I went to a school that was a racist institution," she says.

Initially, many Caribbeans who migrated to the UK during the 1960s and '70s, had a favourable view of ESN schools. Often referred to as "special schools" by teachers, Caribbean parents, with little understanding of the British education system, thought these schools would provide better support and learning for their children.

"When my mother was told that I'd been recommended for a special school, I remember her smiling. She thought that a special school meant a better school," says Maisie.

This presumption about "special" schools was also informed by Caribbeans' experiences of schools back home.

"British education was seen as a route to social mobility and the aspirations of parents were very high," says Gus John. "Teachers had a high profile in Caribbean communities, and parents initially trusted British teachers. It was a shock to find out that their children were being defined as subnormal."

In 1971, a book called "How the West Indian Child is Made Educationally Subnormal in the British School System", proved instrumental in shifting the opinion of black parents. The author, Grenadan writer and teacher Bernard Coard, taught in an ESN school and had noticed the high number of Caribbean children there. When a group of concerned parents asked him to look into the issue, he wrote the book in record time.

He argued that ESN schools were being used by the education authorities as a "dumping ground" for black children, and that teachers were mistaking the trauma caused by immigration for a lack of intelligence.

Longewala

Country flag
Resulting from their racial superiority complex, In 1960s and 70s Britain, hundreds of black children were labelled as "educationally subnormal", and wrongly sent to schools for pupils who were deemed to have low intelligence.

For the first time, some former pupils have spoken about their experiences for a new BBC documentary.

In the 1970s, at the age of six, Noel Gordon was sent to what was known at the time as an "educationally subnormal" (ESN) boarding school, 15 miles (24km) from his home.

"That school was hell," says Noel. "I spent 10 years there, and when I left at 16, I couldn't even get a job because I couldn't spell or fill out a job application."

About a year before joining the ESN school, Noel had been admitted to hospital to have a tooth removed. He was given an anaesthetic, but it transpired that Noel had undiagnosed sickle cell anaemia, and the anaesthetic triggered a serious reaction.

Noel says the resulting health issues led to him being perceived as having learning disabilities and being recommended for a "special school". Yet no evidence or explanation of his disability was ever given to him or his parents.

"Someone came and said they'd found "a special boarding school with a matron where they'd take care of my medical needs", says Noel.

During that conversation they also said Noel was "a dunce. Stupid."

But Noel's parents were not made aware that his new school was for the so-called educationally subnormal. They had moved to England from Jamaica in the early '60s and had high expectations for their son's education.

During his first night at the boarding school, six-year-old Noel lay alone in bed, crying for his mum. The school felt cold and institutional.

"I can still smell the old wooden flip desks. Oh, and being racially abused on my first day," he says.
A student hurled racial slurs at him in the classroom but wasn't reprimanded - the teacher simply told him to sit down.

His parents only realised what kind of school it was when Noel, then seven, was punched by a 15-year-old boy, and his father visited for the first time.

Noel recalls his father saying to the headmaster, "This is a school for handicapped children" - using an outdated term. He says the headmaster replied, "Yeah, but we don't like to use that word, we call them slow learners."

The realisation was devastating, but Noel's father felt powerless to change things.

The term "educationally subnormal" derived from the 1944 Education Act and was used to define those thought to have limited intellectual ability.

"That label made children feel inferior," says education campaigner Prof Gus John, who came to the UK from Grenada in 1964 as a student, and soon became aware of the issue.

"Students from ESN schools wouldn't go on to college or university. If they were lucky, they'd become a labourer. The term was paralysing and killed any sense of self-confidence and ambition."

Black students were sent to these schools in significantly higher proportions. The documentary makers have seen a 1967 report from the now-defunct Inner London Education Authority (ILEA), which showed that the proportion of black immigrant children in ESN schools (28%) was double that of those in mainstream schools (15%).

"The percentage of black children in ESN schools relative to black students in normal schools was scandalous," says Gus John.

But why were so many black children defined as subnormal?

Figures from the 1960s and '70s show that on average, the academic performance of black children was lower than their white counterparts. This fuelled a widespread belief that black children were intellectually inferior to white people.

Many teachers saw black children as intellectually inferior, and feared that too many black pupils in a class would depress the attainment of white pupils.

Following a protest by white parents in Southall, west London, in June 1965 the government issued guidance which underlined the social, language and possible medical needs of immigrant children, and suggested maintaining a limit of about 30% of immigrants in any one school.

As a consequence, many local authorities adopted the policy of bussing - sending immigrant children to schools outside their local area in an attempt to limit the number of ethnic minorities i
n schools. The practice finally ended in 1980.

"The education system fuelled and legitimised the idea that black Caribbean children were less intelligent than other children. This was why so many of them ended up at ESN schools. It was rampant racism," says Gus John.

Many wrongly equated race with intellectual ability. But as the late educational psychologist Mollie Hunte argued, the generally poor attainment of black students wasn't because of their intellectual ability. Instead, the tests used to assess pupils at the time were culturally biased.

According to Prof John, teachers didn't try to understand the cultural barriers black children faced, and the assessments didn't consider their domestic and socioeconomic circumstances - or the impact of migration. Many children would travel to the UK only once their parents had settled in. They arrived in an unfamiliar country to live with virtual strangers, who they had not seen for years.

"This displacement and movement caused a lot of trauma," says Prof John. "There was grief and bereavement. Those children would often not see their grandparents again."

Maisie says that the decision to send her to an ESN school was a mistake that ruined her life chances. Like Noel, she wasn't taught a curriculum.

"We played games, had discos… I call it a 'free school' because the education was so basic and we played a lot more than we worked," she says.

It was only in her 30s, decades after being sent to the ESN school, that Maisie was diagnosed with dyslexia.

"Rather than help me with my learning difficulties, I was simply dismissed as stupid. Teachers never took the time to find out why I struggled with learning. That messed up my confidence," she says.

"I was slow, but a teacher should have taken the time to help me learn."

According to Maisie, the lack of learning and support was only part of the problem.

"I went to a school that was a racist institution," she says.

Initially, many Caribbeans who migrated to the UK during the 1960s and '70s, had a favourable view of ESN schools. Often referred to as "special schools" by teachers, Caribbean parents, with little understanding of the British education system, thought these schools would provide better support and learning for their children.

"When my mother was told that I'd been recommended for a special school, I remember her smiling. She thought that a special school meant a better school," says Maisie.

This presumption about "special" schools was also informed by Caribbeans' experiences of schools back home.

"British education was seen as a route to social mobility and the aspirations of parents were very high," says Gus John. "Teachers had a high profile in Caribbean communities, and parents initially trusted British teachers. It was a shock to find out that their children were being defined as subnormal."

In 1971, a book called "How the West Indian Child is Made Educationally Subnormal in the British School System", proved instrumental in shifting the opinion of black parents. The author, Grenadan writer and teacher Bernard Coard, taught in an ESN school and had noticed the high number of Caribbean children there. When a group of concerned parents asked him to look into the issue, he wrote the book in record time.

He argued that ESN schools were being used by the education authorities as a "dumping ground" for black children, and that teachers were mistaking the trauma caused by immigration for a lack of intelligence.

Meanwhile, black kids continue to be underperform dramatically in academics even as Indian and Chinese kids outperform by a significant degree.
Hence, much lower academic standards required for blacks to enter the same universities where Asians on average have to score much HIGHER then whites to enter!

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Someone post this on swine worthless Twitter account.

And also, where is freedom? Where is human rights? Where is BBC and gang? and where is the article regarding Sweden position in good western world?
:lawl:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Gents, I just stumbled across this discussion threat. It starts with a bang, quoting sources and the atrocities committed by European colonizers, but now is completely directionless. Could we please get back to the topic?

Rubaroo

Country flag
Black Girl faces racist Strip Search by the cops in London School over accusation of possesing drugs

Black child’s ordeal, which involved exposure of intimate body parts, took place without parental consent, review finds

A black child was subjected by police to a strip search at her London school that involved exposure of intimate body parts, according to an official investigation which found racism was likely to have been an “influencing factor” in the officers’ actions.

No appropriate adult was present during the 15-year-old girl’s ordeal, described by a senior local authority figure as “humiliating, traumatising and utterly shocking” and which took place without parental consent and in the knowledge that she was menstruating.

Details of her treatment in her secondary school’s medical room have emerged in a child safeguarding review initiated by Hackney council after the incident in December 2020.

The child was made to bend over, spread her legs and use her hands to spread her buttocks while coughing, and she is now in therapy and self-harming, according to family members’ statements to the inquiry.

The damning report said: “Having considered the context of the incident, the views of those engaged in the review and the impact felt by Child Q and her family, racism (whether deliberate or not) was likely to have been an influencing factor in the decision to undertake a strip search.”

The report emphasised the importance of the question of whether the child was treated differently because she was black, adding this line of inquiry had been starkly reflected in several events that took place around the same time.

“Significantly, some six months prior, George Floyd was tragically killed in the USA and there were repercussions around the globe, including in the UK,” it said.

Police were called by teachers who told the review that they believed she was smelling strongly of cannabis and suspected she was carrying drugs, but none were found during the subsequent search.

The school was visited by four officers including two women who carried out the search of the girl – referred to in the report as ‘Child Q’ – while teachers remained outside the room and her mother was not contacted.
“Someone walked into the school, where I was supposed to feel safe, took me away from the people who were supposed to protect me and stripped me naked, while on my period,” the girl said in a statement, adding that she did not know if she would “ever feel normal again”.

The Metropolitan police on Tuesday said they apologised for what a senior officer described as the child’s “truly regrettable” treatment, which has been the subject of a separate Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) investigation, whose report is nearing completion.

But senior members of the local council furiously criticised the force in the wake of the review, which concluded that Child Q should never have been strip searched, and found there was an absence of a “safeguarding-first” approach from many of the professionals involved.

One of eight findings includes school staff deferring to the authority of the police on their arrival at school. It added: “They should have been more challenging to the police, seeking clarity about the actions they intended to take.”

Anntoinette Bramble, Hackney’s deputy mayor and cabinet member for children’s services, and the mayor of Hackney, Philip Glanville, said: “All aspects of this review have appalled us: the decision by police officers to strip search a child in her school; the lack of challenge by the school toward police; the absence of requirements of police to seek parental consent in the strip search of a child.

“But most stark: that racism is likely to have been an ‘influencing factor’ in the decision by police to undertake the strip search.”

They added that the child’s ordeal had been exacerbated by the fact the strip search had been carried out at school “a place where the child had an expectation of safety, security and care. Instead, she was let down by those who were meant to protect her.”

The child’s mother said in statements provided for the review that her daughter had been searched by the police and was asked to go back into an exam without any teacher asking her about how she felt, knowing what she had just gone through.

“Their position in the school is being part of the safeguarding team, but they were not acting as if they were a part of that team. This makes me sick – the fact that my child had to take her sanitary towel off and put the same dirty towel back on because they would not allow her to use the restroom to clean herself.

The child’s maternal aunt said her niece had turned from a “a happy go lucky girl” to a “timid recluse” who hardly spoke to her. She was now so traumatised that she was self-harming and required therapy.
In a letter, the aunt added: “The family do not believe that the officers would have treated a Caucasian girl child who was on her monthly periods in the same way.

Those who carried out the review were in agreement, concluding that racism was likely to have been an “influencing factor” in the strip search, and that the child had been subjected to “adultification” bias – where black and global majority children are held to adult standards, but their white peers are less likely to be.

In a statement released by the Metropolitan police, the force identified the girl as a 15-year-old and said that the search had been conducted after her bag and outer clothing had already been searched by staff at the school prior to police arrival.

The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, described the case as “shocking and deeply disturbing” and said that he would be closely following the outcome of the IOPC investigation.

“I am extremely concerned by the findings of this report and no child should ever have to face a situation like this,” he said.

The search took place in the same part of London where the Met apologised in January and paid compensation to an academic for “sexist, derogatory and unacceptable language” used by officers about her when she was strip searched.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Someone post this on swine worthless Twitter account.

And also, where is freedom? Where is human rights? Where is BBC and gang? and where is the article regarding Sweden position in good western world?
:lawl:
  • Indian culture is mysogynistic while Japan's openly male-centric culture is "conservative"
  • Indian Hindus standing up for their rights in India is "right wing fascism", while Swiss imposing unrealistically strict religious/cultural restrictions on immigrants/refugees is "conservative culture"
  • Indian PM Modi not giving access to his plans is autocratic, while Chinese secrecy is steeped in Confucian culture and "alright"
  • Swedes burn tons of trash every year ("efficient" Swedish incinerators are not as efficient as they seem), but Indian infrastructure development is causing global warming
You see where this goes? Pliant Asians are honorary westerners, pliant "neutral" countries are all good. But a rising, independent thinking, non-aggressive country with a history of its natives facing countless atrocities, is intolerant.

Remember; All Nazis and Imperial Japanese senior commanders from scientific divisions were pardoned and given new identities after WW2 ended. This was in exchange for all the research they conducted on living, breathing humans with monstrous barbarity. It is never about principles but national interests.

The one thing that the Liberal Elitists do cleverly is take control under various disguises. We sadly, do not know how to do that and slug it out openly, opening ourselves to needless criticism & economic coercion.

If the Liberal Elites continue ruling their Western order, the day is not far when they will become fully and openly autocratic. The digital age is just going in that direction. While Asian countries are used to strong leaders, Westerners are in for big trouble in the coming decades.

Rubaroo

Country flag
Refugees, reporting and the far right: how the Ukraine crisis reveals brutal ‘everyday racism’ in Europe and beyond

Discrimination against African and Asian nationals fleeing Ukraine

Shocking reports emerged in the past week of discrimination faced by African and Asian nationals (mainly international students in Ukraine) who were among the over 1 million people seeking refuge in neighbouring Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Moldova.

African and Asian people were forcibly prevented from boarding trains and buses leaving Ukrainian cities, as priority was given to white Ukrainians. Those who finally reached the Polish border (some even on foot) found that again white Ukrainians were prioritised entry. Some African, Asian, and Middle-Eastern nationals were met by verbal and physical abuse on arrival.

Many African, Asian, and Middle Eastern nationals spent two to three days at border check-points, and reported lack of food, water, accommodation or basic support in freezing winter conditions, while they waited to get through.

A statement issued by the African Union condemned reports about the treatment of Africans as “shockingly racist and in breach of international law” and observed
all people have the right to cross international borders during conflict, and as such, should enjoy the same rights to cross to safety from the conflict in Ukraine, notwithstanding their nationality or racial identity.

Racist mainstream media portrayals

Equally disturbing is the unthinkingly racist mainstream media framing of Ukrainian refugees, in comparison to the framing of refugees from Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan or Africa.

Below, a selection of such racist commentary from major news outlets:
  • “This isn’t Iraq or Afghanistan […] This is a relatively civilised, relatively European city” - Charlie D’Agata, CBS
  • “War is no longer something visited upon impoverished and remote populations” - Daniel Hannan, The Telegraph
  • “What’s compelling is looking at them, the way they are dressed. These are prosperous, middle-class people. These are not obviously refugees trying to get away from the Middle East […] or North Africa. They look like any European family that you’d live next door to” – Peter Dobbie, Al Jazeera

These descriptions of Ukrainian refugees invidiously position them as more “civilised” and “superior” to refugees from the Middle East, African or Asian nations. This seems to imply that Ukrainian lives are worth saving, while the lives of millions of others who seek refuge are more disposable because they are people who are not “well-dressed”, “middle-class”, don’t “look like us”, or live in more remote, supposedly less “civilised” locations.

White-supremacist Ukrainian mobilisation

The third and more dangerous dimension of racism is the mobilisation of the neo-Facist, white supremacist Azov movement in Ukraine since 2014. Azov started as a volunteer battalion that was then officially integrated into the National Guard of Ukraine in November 2014. The current Ukrainian government has not made comment on this movement.

In the current crisis, Azov battalion is training Ukrainian civilians for guerrilla-style combat with the Russian military.

While the Azov battalion officially denies adhering to white supremacist ideologies, Azov’s street patrol called National Militia were responsible for attacks on Roma in Ukraine in 2018.

Azov also plays a pivotal role in the global network of far-right, white-nationalist extremism; it “participated in training and radicalising United States–based white supremacy organizations” (according to a 2018 FBI affidavit).

Closer to home, alongside other European far-right movements, Azov’s propaganda appears to have inspired Brenton Tarrant of Australia in his deadly terrorist attack on a mosque in Christchurch in 2019. This was evidenced by the sonnerad or black sun on his jacket, a symbol commonly used by the Azov Battalion and far-right brands in France.

What accounts for these three dimensions of racism in the Ukraine crisis, and how are they connected?

Research suggests racism and xenophobia varies with the relationship between hostile government policies and anti-migrant sentiments of the population. In short, the problem of racism is not just Ukrainian or eastern European, it is European.

More nuanced analysis argues there is insufficient evidence to show eastern Europeans are more xenophobic than western Europeans. Any analysis should consider the complex histories of migration from, and through eastern European countries.

Indeed, as the global news coverage of Ukrainan refugees demonstrates, everyday racism - or what Goorie author Melissa Lucashenko refers to as “white normal savagery” is not restricted to eastern Europe. All three dimensions of racism discussed here are the manifestation of global, systemic institutionalised racism and imperialism.

Acknowledgement of this institutionalised racism and imperialism would begin by first recognising the Ukraine crisis as a power struggle between the US/NATO and Russia, underwritten by interests of weapons manufacturers and oil companies. This crisis was long predicted by strategic observers of global politics.

Recognising the wider context of institutionalised racism would allow us to connect the current racist treatment of African and Asian migrants in the Ukraine crisis to deadly European border policies over the past decades. These policies have led to increasing numbers of migrants mostly from Africa and the Middle East, reported as missing in the Mediterranean since 2014.

Azov needs to be recognised as the belligerently violent face of a racialised political order that is potentially dangerous. However, this would require holding the US accountable for its suspected support of Azov, and its refusal (along with Ukraine) to condemn the glorification of Nazism in a UN Resolution in 2017.

Finally, we should recognise that any moves to dismantle institutionalised racism are unlikely to be undertaken voluntarily. As Professor of Sociology József Böröcz argues, the defining element of “whiteness” is a “claim, indeed demand, for unconditional global privilege” that is always being reconstituted

Rubaroo

Country flag
Tanner Brass: Canada police force in racism row over indigenous boy's death

Tanner Brass was found dead hours after police arrested his mother, Kyla Frenchman, when she argued with them about her son's safety, she said.

The boy's father, Kaij Brass, has been charged with second-degree murder.

Indigenous leaders say Ms Frenchman was racially profiled and have demanded the local police chief's resignation.

Two Canadian police officers in the city of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, have been suspended.

Police responded to reports of a domestic dispute in the early hours of 10 February and found Ms Frenchman standing outside the apartment building, she said.

Ms Frenchman told the officers she had been kicked out of her apartment and feared her 13-month-old son was in danger.

She said the officers told her to wait outside and entered the building, only to return shortly afterwards and say no-one had answered the door.

Ms Frenchman said when she demanded the officers check on Tanner, she was arrested for suspected intoxication. She denies being drunk.

Several hours later police were called back to the same home to reports of a homicide involving a child.
They found Tanner dead and Kaij Brass was arrested.

Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Kyla Frenchman struggled to speak as she demanded justice for her son. Standing with friends and relatives, she spoke of her son as a "happy baby" with a big smile.

A statement read on her behalf said she had "begged and pleaded" with police to help her and her child after they arrived at their home.

It went on: "Instead, they accused me of being drunk. They put me in handcuffs and they put me in a cell."
A statement from the Prince Albert police department described the boy's death as a tragedy.

It added: "As an organisation, there is nothing we can say to lessen the grief and torment at this shocking loss of a deeply loved child from our community."

But Heather Bear, Vice-Chief of the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations, said: "If these officers showed up to a domestic dispute call involving a young white family, knowing that an infant was inside and possibly in danger, do you think they would have arrested the mother and left?"

Police have not responded to this allegation.

Earlier this month, the department's chief, Jon Bergen, suspended the two officers involved without pay.
Last week, 95% of the union representing Prince Albert officers supported a vote of no confidence in Mr Bergen's leadership.

Ms Frenchman said in her statement she believed Tanner would still be alive "if they had listened to me".
An investigation into the boy's death is ongoing.

Rubaroo

Country flag
They try to hide their racism by not talking about it or poniting fingers at US calling it a US phenomena not Europe's but they randomly keep exposing their true self. US too isn't founded by Americans but the same Europeans who have invaded and occupied native americans world. So they don't represent different culture.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
  • Indian culture is mysogynistic while Japan's openly male-centric culture is "conservative"
  • Indian Hindus standing up for their rights in India is "right wing fascism", while Swiss imposing unrealistically strict religious/cultural restrictions on immigrants/refugees is "conservative culture"
  • Indian PM Modi not giving access to his plans is autocratic, while Chinese secrecy is steeped in Confucian culture and "alright"
  • Swedes burn tons of trash every year ("efficient" Swedish incinerators are not as efficient as they seem), but Indian infrastructure development is causing global warming
You see where this goes? Pliant Asians are honorary westerners, pliant "neutral" countries are all good. But a rising, independent thinking, non-aggressive country with a history of its natives facing countless atrocities, is intolerant.
That's an essential part of the political bias rather than any kind of anti-India sentiments infested in those societies. The definition particularly goes that any autocratic/theocratic country in alliance with US is a society with just different norms but even democratic country which doesn't suck up enough to USA is a "majoritarian regime" (despite decentralised powers even within democracy unlike US) or "elected autocracy". The it's the political distinction why UK is seen as a secular country despite having a monarch and religious laws with perks to Church/Palace or why India is projected a flawed parody democracy despite a more close to theoratic democratic system.

This won't ever change.
The one thing that the Liberal Elitists do cleverly is take control under various disguises. We sadly, do not know how to do that and slug it out openly, opening ourselves to needless criticism & economic coercion.
They aren't liberal elites. They are socialists and far left. Liberals are seen as capitalists and counted as a part of right wing ecosystem.

Autocracy and unfound self-embrace is a nature of communism. So even if they become absolute autocracies, western countries will see themselves more correct and justifiable over others. It's sufficient for them just to control minds of their own people.

Rubaroo

Country flag
Racism against Roma people most explicit proof of Racism ingrained Europe's DNA.

Even after having migrated from India and having lived in Europe for over a Thousand years, these people are still not European enough in Europe's eyes and these people preach against racism to us while also claiming to be the new natives of the lands they invaded (not migrated) last 400 years.

Police killing puts spotlight on anti-Roma racism in Greece

The killing of a Greek Roma youth reignites a firestorm about anti-Roma racism.

Thousands of Roma across Europe left to fend for themselves on polluted lands, new study reveals.

On the morning of February 7, the Sampanis family gathered on a street corner in Perama, Athens, to build a small memorial on the side of the road where 18-year-old Nikos Sampanis had been killed by police four months earlier.

The family put flowers beside the memorial and a photo of Nikos inside, followed by a can of his favourite energy drink.

Katerina and Georgos showed Al Jazeera videos of Nikos at his workplace, fixing motorbikes and joking, his shoulders shaking with each laugh.

“He made many many jokes,” said Katerina. “Our family was not a depressed family. We were very happy, because of him.”

Shortly after the memorial was constructed, the family spotted several police officers in white motorcycle helmets watching further down the road. Katerina stood and began shouting at them. Other members of the family joined, yelling: “Murderers!”

“All of the police are racist, all of them, there isn’t one who isn’t,” said Katerina. “These police had a mania to kill one of us. And they found my brother. They wanted to kill a Gypsy.”

The incident

Nikos Sampanis was killed early on October 23, 2021, after a squad of Greek police officers on motorbikes chased a car in Perama and fired at least 36 bullets into the vehicle

A 15-year-old passenger of the car was also severely injured, and a third teenager survived without major injuries.

In an initial statement, the police stated that they pursued a car that appeared to have been stolen, that the youths had reversed the car into the officers and injured seven of them, and the police had fired their guns to stop the vehicle.

However, when police radio communications were released, there was no mention of the car being stolen, the officers defied orders from headquarters to cease their pursuit, and they reported none of the officers had been injured.

And, the car chase began with the report that there was a car running red lights and “three people inside are Gypsies”.

The killing reignited a firestorm in Greek media, and reopened conversations about anti-Roma racism in Greece.

Days of protests

Aspropyrgos – a municipality near Athens where many Roma live – was rocked by demonstrations for days. The Sampanis family has demanded a full investigation into the murder and called for an investigation into hate crime charges.

The family tells of a lifetime of police harassment, detailing frequent traffic stops, ID checks, and trips to police stations.

They stop us all the time, they ask for our papers. We give them and they still bother us,” said Giannis Pasios, Nikos’ uncle.

“Yes of course the police are racist,” said Giannis Sampanis, Nikos’ father. “All of the police are racist to Gypsies. They say we steal often. I don’t owe money. I don’t steal. I work to get a wage for my children.”

Thanasis Kampagiannis, the family’s lawyer, believes there is sufficient evidence for the killing to be examined as having a racist motive.

The fact that there was racial profiling, the fact that there was defiance of the order, and then there was a disproportionate use of weapons indicates there should at least be an examination of what the real motive of the crime was,” he said.

The seven police officers have been charged with the murder of Nikos Sampanis, and attempted murder of the teenager who was injured. But they are not currently in custody and have been put on desk duty until the verdict of the case is announced.

“They are working now! They are free to walk around wherever they want. They can go be with their families,” said Katerina. “And us? Who our brother has passed away? Who will we hold? We who cry every day, and the children who won’t stop crying?”

The police did not respond to requests for comment on the case.

‘Social plague’

Alexis Kougias, the lawyer for the police officers, said the two surviving teenagers who were in the car with Nikos are being charged with the attempted murder of the policemen with their car.

He also said in a television interview about the incident that Roma “unfortunately in recent years are a social plague”.

Vasilis Tsarnas, a researcher at the Greek Helsinki Monitor’s Racist Crimes Watch, said
anti-Roma racism in Greece is widespread and mainstream.
“It’s a prejudice shared by the majority, almost regardless of political identity,” he said. “This is normalised as most non-Roma Greeks do not even see them as Greeks or citizens with equal rights. Impunity for police violence, a common problem in the country, becomes almost absolute when the victims are Roma.
I'm a Romany Gypsy – why is racism against us still acceptable?

Since 2005, the European Court of Justice has issued four decisions regarding the ill-treatment of Roma by the Greek police, finding Greece repeatedly in violation of the prohibitions on torture, discrimination, which violated Roma people’s right to life, and that in several instances investigations into crimes were not complete or effective.

The Sampanis family and their lawyer are concerned that the investigation into Nikos’ killing is similarly improper.

“It’s not just the fact that they have perpetrated this crime, but they are trying to cover it up,” said Kampagiannis.

Destroying evidence

Three days after the killing, the police returned the bullet-ridden car to its owner, who consequently had it impounded, thus destroying a key piece of evidence in the case.
Kampagiannis also explained that many of the bullets from the scene were not retrieved for evidence and that the police say the camera in the city bus on the scene at the time was not recording, and there were no other cameras.

When Kampagiannis produced a photo of a camera fixed on a nearby house to the investigative judge, the police said it also had not recorded anything that day.

On February 14, the Sampanis family filed a request for dismissal of the investigator, stating that not enough evidence had been collected and the investigation had been closed hastily.

In the Sampanis family house in Aspropyrgos, photos of Nikos hang on the walls. His name is written on the front windows of the house. Nikos left behind two children and his wife, Stasia, who is currently seven months pregnant.

“I want justice. I want my husband but where will I find him?” she said. “How can I feel? The children ask for their father all the time.”

Nikos’ mother Maria Pasios said she feels her son’s absence constantly, especially when his children ask when their father will come home from work. “All day I think of him, all day,” she said. “He was going to have a good life, but he didn’t have time.”

Rubaroo

Country flag
I suspect that these people would very well do a holocaust of Roma people if they get an opportunity without facing any scrutiny or setback from other non-euro nations. Their hatred towards Roma and Gypsy people is as sick as hatred for non-muslims in Pakistan.

Covfefe

Country flag
Why do these countries even court these arrogant good for nothing British royals? They should've been disbanded long back

Covfefe

Country flag
Once we attain an economy 5+ Trillion dollars we should pull out of Commonwealth of Nations.

India and other colonies should come out and speak more on colonialism and it's effects. We don't do it as much as we should. That can be the only reply to the Western gaslighting in the name of freedom and environment

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Systematically pulling out and then spitting on the UK Royals face is the best thing. We should give the same treatment that we have given for Clown Turd- dew.

Covfefe

Country flag
Systematically pulling out and then spitting on the UK Royals face is the best thing. We should give the same treatment that we have given for Clown Turd- dew.
Trudeau and British Crown are two different things. Trudeau is just a useful idiot for the radical liberals sitting in DC, Crown still has a lot of sympathies of the British commoners. You kick out Trudeau, no impact on Indo-Canadian relations, with Crown there are emotions involved and it'll be seen as a direct confrontation with the British state. But yeah, we must pull out of this useless remnant of the dark past, and make newer alliances with the countries in Africa and Latin Americas. Chinese have been very active on the Africa front atleast

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles