Europe Future demography

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Yes, but some parts of South America are more 'white' than others.

Argentina and Chile are almost entirely white with minimal native admixture.
In news coverage of the Falkland War, we saw the Argentine pilots were white, the infantrymen dark.

I think the higher up in the Cuban system, the lighter the skin.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
They more or less are limited within their reservations and the assimilation with the white anglo-saxon/European is limited in North America while its more in South America.
Tribal members in the US get benefits and non-native Americans are barred from Tribal membership.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
To get back to Europe, it is almost impossible for someone from outside Denmark to get Danish citizenship.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Tribal members in the US get benefits and non-native Americans are barred from Tribal membership.
I was talking about assimilation of the Whites into the Natives. not some fringe benefits

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Judging by the fact that the sea is right behind them in the background, I would say that they are a raiding party that had recently disembarked. I'm sure that you could find a longboat nearby, though that particular picture does not include it.
Yeah, the artist couldn't hang around long enough to draw the boat, with that mob after him.

Reactions: KS

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
In news coverage of the Falkland War, we saw the Argentine pilots were white, the infantrymen dark.
They were probably mestizos. Like in most Latin American countries, race is a factor in many things.

I think the higher up in the Cuban system, the lighter the skin.
Juan Almeida Bosque, one of the original commanders of the Cuban Revolution, and former Vice-President of the Cuban State Council, was black. He died two years ago.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I was talking about assimilation of the Whites into the Natives. not some fringe benefits
I was pointing out that one barrier to assimilation is tribal law. The Lumbee Tribe in North Carolina is not recognized by the federal government, partially because of past assimilation of whites (and blacks). It's a complicated issue, and I am not sure I can explain it adequately.

Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina

KS

Bye bye DFI
I was pointing out that one barrier to assimilation is tribal law. The Lumbee Tribe in North Carolina is not recognized by the federal government, partially because of past assimilation of whites (and blacks). It's a complicated issue, and I am not sure I can explain it adequately.

Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina
Is there any law preventing the marriage of white and a native ?

Also I did not anywhere go into the "why" part..I just said it is as it is.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Is there any law preventing the marriage of white and a native ?
The last of those laws disappeared in the 1960's, I believe, if not earlier. They were declared unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in 1967.

Also I did not anywhere go into the "why" part..I just said it is as it is.
OK, then. :)

parijataka

Country flag
There is no doubt that the demography is changing in Europe.

In so far as Africa and Asia is concerned, there is no doubt that there is a concerted effort by both the Christian and the Muslims clergy to increase their band of followers.

To this end the last Pope's statement of harvesting of souls and also the spread of Saudi Wahabism is of note.

On the issue of culture and tradition, one wonders if globalisation is the real catalyst that is nibbling away at the 'old culture' (whatever that means).

I don't think the Europeans expect that immigrants will shed their culture as soon as they touch the European shores. But maybe they feel uncomfortable when some section of the immigrants want their culture to supersede the local culture. It is the same angry feeling that many exhibit here about evangelism being thrust in India or the attempts by Wahabis to convert or the massive influx of illegal Bangladeshis into India and changing the demographic pattern in the border areas of Assam and Bengal.

Imperialists of yore could impose their culture on the colonies because they were the rulers. However, the immigrants are at a disadvantage since they are not rulers, most of them being economic refugees and at the mercy of the country they have emigrated to.

It is like forcing Indian religious rites and law in Muslim countries where the Indians go for work. They live their lives there and yet they cannot become citizens of the country. And they are subject to Islamic Laws like the Sharia.

I think it is a very complex issue that has pro and cons on both sides.
Absolutely, it is a very complex issue! The three Abrahaimic religions share one common view in that their faith is the true one and others not subscribing to that will be consigned to hell. For which reason xtianity and Islam try to impose their faith whenever possible, judaism being non proselytising keeps pretty much aloof. xtianity is banking on harvesting of souls among vulnerable sections in Asia and Africa whereas Islam on a high birth rate.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Islam is also on the road to proselytising.

One has to just see the influx of the Saudi inspired clergy at the airports across Asia.

The Wahabis are hard at it since they want to even wipe out the other strains of Islam around the world and they have the money!

johnee

Islam is also on the road to proselytising.

One has to just see the influx of the Saudi inspired clergy at the airports across Asia.

The Wahabis are hard at it since they want to even wipe out the other strains of Islam around the world and they have the money!
They seem to think of the money being used as an investment which will yield results later.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles