England ICC T20 World Cup Champions - 2010

bhramos

Country flag
Inzamam tips Pak to defend ICC World Twenty20 title

Karachi: Pakistan's former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has tipped Pakistan to successfully defend its title and win the ICC World Twenty20 in the West Indies that starts from Friday.

"The way I see it this Pakistan team is well balanced and so strong for this format of the game that it shouldnt lose to any team unless they self-destruct with internal issues," Inzamam, the countrys most capped player said.
Inzamam said that Pakistan had a very strong bowling line-up but they needed to be consistent in their batting. "The bowling is strong and has variety so that will be their strength but the batting has issues and the senior players will have to shoulder the main responsibility," he said.
Inzamam who played 120 Tests and 318 one-day internationals said that Pakistan needed to play sensible cricket and keep their head to do well. "South Africa and India to me are the greatest threats to Pakistans ambitions to win the ICC World Twenty20.
I am very impressed with the disciplined way South Africans play while the Indians have some dangerous players with plenty of flair," he said. Inzamam said that Misbah-ul-Haq would have to anchor the innings as he was capable of playing long innings but the others must play their natural game.
"Shahid Afridi is perfect for T20 cricket and he has lot of energy and enthusiasm as a captain. He will be vital to Pakistans success in the tournament.
I see him turning out to be an inspirational leader for his team." Former Pakistan captain and ex-chief selector, Aamir Sohail, predicted a more sedate ICC World Twenty20 this time.
"I dont think we will see the high ratio of sixes and big totals this time in this tournament. Mainly because of the pitches and the weather conditions in the West Indies would also test the teams."
Sohail said initially when T20 cricket was launched the bowlers were running away scared of taking a hiding but now they had read the format well and were not running away. "The bowlers now try to take wickets it is not just about big hitting.
This ICC World Twenty20 will be all about which team displays better skills and plays clinical and sensible cricket," he said. He pointed out that T20 cricket had also evolved over the last few years and the World Cup would be different in nature from the Indian Premier League.
The former opener said that the Pakistan team was well suited and equipped for the ICC World Twenty20 but he disagreed with the selection of left arm spinner Abdul Rehman as a replacement for the injured Yasir Arafat. "We have enough spinners in the side and I dont think Rehman will get a chance to play in this tournament," he added.

http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/ne...pak-defend-icc-world-twenty20-title-20100430/

Zaki

Country flag
Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - Pakistan

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - India

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - South Africa

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - Sri Lanka

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - England

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - Australia

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - West Indies

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - New Zealand

One colour each for my favourite countries :smitten:

bhramos

Country flag
Sleepy Indians dream big

It was surprising to see the Indians fighting sleep and staying away from their rooms all evening despite a 26-hour long flight and an equally tiring 90-minute drive from the airport. Speaking to a few cricketers with half open eyes, it becomes clear that in an effort to get the body clock right, the team management has asked them to hit the bed only after it's dark.
Not just that, keeping in mind the match timings - the India-Afghanistan game starts at 9.30 am local time - an 'early to bed and early to rise' routine is being advocated. With the IPL schedule being diagonally opposite, the Indians are hoping they adjust to the local conditions soon. Players joke about how the first rays of sunlight don't quite charge them up like the floodlights but with minnows Afghanistan as their first opponents, they hope things will fall in place before the big games.
Skipper MS Dhoni admits he doesn't know anything about the opponents. Team India's computer analyst is busy unearthing footage of the unknown Afghans but Dhoni isn't too disturbed by the fact that there is limited data. "I don't know much about them. It's good in a way, because if we know too much about a side, you are distracted. Our mental preparation will remain the same as if we are playing the best team in world cricket. We can't relax. Whoever you are playing, at the end of the day you are representing India and you have to be at your best," he says.
After the Afghanistan game, India play South Africa the next day. India, along with England and Zimbabwe, are the only three teams in the competition to play back-to-back games. But the Indian skipper isn't the complaining kind and he doesn't criticise the scheduling. "Rather than thinking too much about the past or the future, it is very important to be in the present. We have a couple of days before we play the first game. It is important to get the most out of it. We have to adapt to the conditions here," says Dhoni.
India, incidentally, are the only team in the competition to decline playing any practice games. Instead, Dhoni opted to have a rigorous net session to "get into the groove". The other problem that India might face in the opening game concerns the visibility of the white ball in bright sunlight under blue skies. And that's why the net sessions will be important for Dhoni and his men.
"Every delivery you bowl or run you score can have a great impact on the game. So we are thinking about what needs to be done, about the areas that we need to work. This is a big stage and all the world's best teams would have studied about their opponents," he says.

http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/ne...oonews.com/sleepy-indians-dream-big-20100430/

Zaki

Country flag
And we are witnessing another T20 Wolrd Cup from today :)

Lets see if History is willing to change its Sultan or the Defending Champion Pakistan manages to defend its title :) (i hope so).

Wish all the times - very best of Luck and hope to see the final between Pakistan vs India this year. Thats the match which can bring a lot of cheer on the faces of billions of peoples :)

Best of Luck Pakistan

bhramos

Country flag
Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - Pakistan

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - India

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - South Africa

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - Sri Lanka

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - England

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - Australia

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - West Indies

Stand Up - Stand Up - For the champions - For the Champions!!! - New Zealand

One colour each for my favourite countries :smitten:
i feel the cricket war of champions must be only between India and Pakistan.

i will support and supported Pakistan or India comes to finals.

so i expect same from you too my freind......

Zaki

Country flag
Sorry if not allowed - You may delete this post :) Just felt like encouraging the spirit of Pakistan cricket team with this song - I hope they are also well prepared to defend their titles

Last edited by a moderator:

gb009

I am not very happy with the composition of the Indian team. Lot of players who did well in IPL3 are not there...
But still all the best to team India.

A.V.

ipl i not an yadstick for true capability i feel
but let it begin one more time

i am going to be kicked by my teachers for this ....

DaRk WaVe

I have a gut feeling that Pakistan will be kicked out in the first round :D

Zaki

Country flag
No don't think like that Emo

I witnessed half of our World Cup matches last year in Lords and Oval and trust when i watched the match against India (warm-up) i came back with a broken heart cursing the poor attitude of Pakistan. I always thought S/A will take the series easily thanks to their great efforts in all matches except the Semis.

Pakistan has a habit of unpredictability and though they are favourites but nobody is putting its cents on poorly shaped Pakistan and thats where they perform. When everybody thinks we can't win - thats when Pakistan wins the matches

I am very optimistic with our team once again and despute the poor batting line up i am still putting my money on pakistan

bhramos

Country flag
No don't think like that Emo

Pakistan has a habit of unpredictability
same India has unpredictability.........
we dont expect any thing from, but All the best India and any Sub-continent team.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
What if Afghanistan wins?
I kinda get a feeling they are the dark horses!

I am bored of T20 to be frank. I will only watch India Pak Matches, Nothing else! Enjoyed it in the beginning, not anymore! Give me a test or one day! Will happily watch over this!

Oracle

I am bored of T20 to be frank. I will only watch India Pak Matches, Nothing else! Enjoyed it in the beginning, not anymore! Give me a test or one day! Will happily watch over this!
Dark Horses or not, anyone can win a T20 match if they play well those 40 overs.
I also do not like T20 that much, I like Test matches more. Brings out the character of the players.

bhramos

Country flag
please dont worry, if India is kicked out i will support ur nation.
i want to only this sub-continent to win.
may be who ever is it.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Man too much cricket. I am bored. I am backing Bangladesh.

Zaki

Country flag
please dont worry, if India is kicked out i will support ur nation.
i want to only this sub-continent to win.
may be who ever is it.
Just exactly what i always say - I just want this subcontinent to bring the World Cup. Doesn't matter if its Pakistan, India or Sri Lanka. I would be praying for Afghanistan also to advance the first stage - They have been learning cricket on the streets of Peshawar and trust me its nothing less than another Pakistani team in disguise. I have been observing them recently and they seems to be a very dangerous team to me. Since Afghanistan got two of the top-notch teams in their group it would be hard for them to advance in Super 8 but had Bangladesh, Ireland or any other such team in their group trust me i would be putting my money on Afghanistan instead.

I just want any team to win from our subtinent and more preferably Pakistan. I wouldn't want to see Australia dominating this rare T20 format also.............. if ever the situation arises where Australia and India are the final opponents i would definitely be praying for India :)

Zaki

Country flag

Very true - The real cricket is test cricket where you have plenty of time to test the skills of the player and not like Sloggers who just go in the group, moving their bats here n there and ultimately winning the cup with the minimum efforts. That real cricket is Test cricket and will remain the most reputed format of cricket. ODI is also good - way better than T20s where only sloggers are dominanted

T20 is more like a Punching ball game - Just hit the ball and run - hit the ball again and run - Money + Sloggers is all about T20

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian team is tired from one month of IPL stint and its sure takes toll on the team.effect of IPL was clearly visible on indian team in last T20 WC.So ,even if india reaches 2nd round it will be by sheer luck.

Zaki

Country flag
Indian team is tired from one month of IPL stint and its sure takes toll on the team.effect of IPL was clearly visible on indian team in last T20 WC.So ,even if india reaches 2nd round it will be by sheer luck.
Don't worry ajtr,

They have been resting recently - and all you require is a rest for couple of days before you are up again for the next tournament that India is enjoying already and since this is a World Cup they would definitely be putting extra efforts into this and will give their 100% hopefully.

Last year was a complete bad luck to India - I still remember an Indian fan in the Oval ground when i was there to watch the warm-up match of Pakistan vs India - all he was saying is - India beat Pakistan today and i will consider we have won the World Cup :) andt what exactly happened

Happens - anybody can have bad luck just like we did back in ODI format of the World Cup. I hope nothing such things happen in this World Cup at least

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles