Emraan Hashmi can't get a house in Pali Hill

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Housing society hits out at Emraan Hashmi
PTI 1 August 2009, 07:02pm IST

MUMBAI: Nibbana, the Housing Society in the posh Pali Hill area of suburban Bandra in Mumbai has rubbished actor Emraan Hashmi's allegation that he was denied NOC for flat ownership because he is a Muslim and said that proper procedures for acquiring the NOC had not been followed.

Society Secretary Capt J P Chhetry said that the actor with his baseless allegations and raking up the minority card had inflicted lot of damage on the society.

A meeting of the society residents held on Saturday has demanded an apology from the actor for making allegations of religious profiling.

"The owner had leased his flat to a German national. He had casually told us that after the lease term ends, he plans to sell his flat. He had not made a formal application that he wishes to sell the flat to the actor. The mandatory police clearance along with necessary documents had not been submitted to the society," said Chhetry.

He said that a meeting of the society residents was held on Saturday and it was decided that an apology will be demanded from the actor for making allegations of religious profiling.

"We will not take this lying down and we are also taking legal opinion" he said adding that the society was yet to receive the summons sent by the State Minorities Commission.

Housing society hits out at Emraan Hashmi - Mumbai - City - NEWS - The Times of India

Adux

Country flag
I have been treated badly by muslims, I havent been able to rent muslim houses for the reason I drink in bangalore, and i also was denied meat in my rented accomdation in coimbatore owned by brahmins.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Police complaint filed against Emraan Hashmi
PTI 2 August 2009, 04:02pm IST

MUMBAI: In a new twist to the episode of alleged religious profiling involving Emraan Hashmi, a police complaint has been filed against the actor,who had claimed that he was denied a house because he was a Muslim, accusing him of promoting enmity between different communities.

The complaint, filed by a social activist and the executive member of National Youth Committee of BJP leader Sanjay Bedia with D B Marg police station here last night, has accused Hashmi and noted filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt of various offences under IPC, Bedia's lawyer Ketan Mehta said.

Bedia claimed that Hashmi had not entered into any agreement with the house owner or even paid a token amount to him. The actor had "unnecessary" raked up the issue of NOC saying it was refused by the housing society only because he was a Muslim, the BJP leader said.

"We are upset over his allegations which have been denied by the housing society," Bedia said.

Hashmi has been accused of promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion by his acts under Sections 153-A and of deliberate and malicious acts with an intention to outrage the religious feelings (Section 295-A)

He has also been accused of giving false information to authorities to initiate legal action under Section 177 and for lodging false complaint to initiate the authorities to take action under Section 182.

Mahesh Bhatt has been charged with section 120-b (conspiracy) and 34 (common intention). The complaint was also lodged against him because he had supported Hashmi by issuing statements in the media, Mehta said.

Police complaint filed against Emraan Hashmi - Mumbai - City - NEWS - The Times of India

Flint

Though many will find it distasteful, I'm afraid that the housing society is will within their rights to admit whoever they want to. Its private property, not government housing.

There are many more such examples of societies which accept people from selective religious or communal backgrounds, and its not just muslims who are denied admittance.

I'm quite sure that being a non-Jain, I will not make the headlines if I am denied a house in a Jains-only locality.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Hashmi does a U-turn​

Mumbai: In a U-turn actor Emraan Hashmi, who had alleged that he was denied a flat by a housing society because he was Muslim, said on Monday that there was no discrimination against him. “The dispute between me and the members of Nibbana housing society has been resolved. The society had not discriminated against me. There had been a miscommunication,” Hashmi told reporters after a hearing on his complaint at the State Minorities Commission. Hashmi's lawyer Majeed Memon said that a broker Jagjit Arora had told the 34-year-old actor that the society had refused to sell the flat as Hashmi was a Muslim. “The secretary of the society – JP Chatri – today (Monday) told Emraan that they had not discriminated against the actor and that if anyone in the building wants to sell their flat then Emraan can buy it,” Memon said.

Link

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Interestingly, one of my juniors in the Army was refused a flat bu a Gujarati housing society because he had a dog and was a non vegetarian!!

He gave his dog to me and promised he would be a vegetarian and was allowed to hire the flat!!

India is indeed a crowd of odd sensitivities!

S.A.T.A

Me thinks Messrs Hashmi and Bhatt have hit upon a perfect PR stunt for some upcoming movie of theirs and all this brouhaha was mere a curtain raiser.

Trust they are actors,that's about the only thing they are ever good at.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles