ELON'S MARS COLONY

how many you think that elon's mars colony is possible

• yeah

• mujhe apne ghar me rehna 😁

• I am thinking abt colonizing another planet

• nope

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blademaster

He will be lucky if he can even get 50 people to live there anymore than a year. Humans simply do not have the technological base to sustain a living settlement of more than 50 people on a yearly basis. It will be the 22nd century where we might see more than 50 people. Heck we landed on the moon 50 years ago and there is no one living there on the moon and the Moon is definitely a lot closer to us than Mars is.

Elon Musk is living in La la land. We can land a human there and bring the human back alive but it would be like around $500B or more just to pull that off and the human returning back would be so fucked up for the rest of his life he would think whether it was worth coming back alive or better to die on Mars and go out like a hero.

karn

Country flag
Heh .. Venus atleast has a theoretical chance of getting terraformed. Indeed floating cities could make for viable habitation. 0.82 G gravity and close to 1 atm air pressure (at the altitude of said floating cities.

Blademaster

Heh .. Venus atleast has a theoretical chance of getting terraformed. Indeed floating cities could make for viable habitation. 0.82 G gravity and close to 1 atm air pressure (at the altitude of said floating cities.
I have been a Venus advocate for a long time. We have a better chance of living in Venus than on Mars. For starters, it has a much more favorable gravity well than Mars and easily offer atmosphere pressure equivalent to Earth and can offer better temperature conditions than Mars. For the money we spend on trying to live on Mars we would get a better bang for the buck on Venus than Mars. Sure the front up cost would be much greater than the one for Mars because we have to figure out a way how to permanently float a small city base on Venus. But overall, the lifecycle costs would be much cheaper on Venus than on Mars.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles