Electric cars & bikes discussion

Kumata

Country flag
If your state has waived off road tax and registration fees, the delta in cost won't be a lot
True we have zero registration fee ( Fuel ones get charged at 3 % ) but we have another practical problem of charging stations.. they are Nil to negative and friendly Dhaba wallahs on NH will be more than obliged to fleece me provide they do some jugaad to plug in a 15 A socket, should i decide to get adventurous........ India is still very far away in getting used to electrical cars.. no doubt they are future but unless technology matures and become affordable, i see no future in here..

anyways , I am a once in quarter visitor to US and trust me, they have more charging stations than petrol bunks..Every parking lot have charging stations... that,s why they are successful. In India, only charging station i have seen is in CP ( delhi) ... It doesn't help that i do a 600 KM drive at least 4 times a year to my native in hills...

sorcerer

Country flag
Why do they keep flogging a dead horse. It;s dead.. forget and move on.... there are better cars avaialble .. for nostalgia, i will pickup a HM contessa than a ambassador....

and DC.. less said better...
may be they want to make it another Nokia Banana phone kinda story :rofl:

sorcerer

Country flag
FAME-II amendment: Made-in-India electric 2-wheelers cheaper and more e-buses, rickshaws in offing

In a major amendment to the ongoing FAME-II scheme, the Ministry of Heavy Industry has announced incentives for India-made electric two-wheelers. While the earlier subsidy rate for electric two-wheelers was Rs 10,000/kWh, it is now Rs 15,000/kWh. Through this the government aims to promote electric two-wheeler usage in the country. Currently, most of electric vehicles are costlier than their ICE counterparts by a good Rs 20,000. This slash in price will definitely help the EV adoption and the plans of the government of making India an electric vehicle nation by 2030. Ather is the first to announce a massive drop of Rs 14,500 subsidy on its flagship 450X electric scooter. The company claimed that it will announce additional details soon. You can read all about it here. If you thought that’s it, it’s far from the case.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles