Economy of the Russian Federation

jouni

the blessing of high commodity prices has suffocated any entrepreneurial culture or SME, so to speak, nobody puts their nose to the grind when there r easy bucks to make elsewhere. all kinds of oligarchs thrive in Russia, like that tycoon Ambramovich who bought the Chelsea football club. but Russian commoners, phewwwww"¦

however Russian economy will recover for sure with oil rate bouncing back"¦ someday.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~
How come you "commies" ( joke) have better understanding of todays Russia, than democratic Indians? You are spot on!

sgarg

The deficiencies of Russia are covered up by its huge natural resources. Similarly deficiencies of China are covered by huge human resources.

Russia and China are countries very hard to put down.

I expect consumer demand to be depressed in Russia but that may not change a lot of other things.

With war drums beating in the world, Russian military equipment is in high demand. I expect Russian military exports to keep on rising. This fact itself creates an industrial ecosystem in Russia which sustains heavy industry.

In addition, the import substitution will further drive R&D.

The headlines like non-payment of wages are nice for an anti-Russian but has very little impact on the ground. The macro-economics matters.

sgarg

USA can cozy up to Iran BUT Russia cannot cozy up to North Korea! A case of double standards perhaps!

Diplomacy is important. I would categorize KSA as one of the worst countries in the world, yet it is USA's best pal.

South Korea regularly talks to North, even sends fuel and food aid - so South Koreans must be crazy.

Spurious logic at its worst @jouni.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

The Koreas will unite with the efforts of Russia and China. Time is fast approaching for this unification. Kim and company has to go - better it goes peacefully. American methods of bombing and violence everywhere are outdated.

pmaitra

Russia and North Korea Cozy Up | Opinion | The Moscow Times

Who would have thought that instead of civilized nations, Russia will be associated with North Korea. O tempores o morales
North Korea is certainly in a better shape than Ukraine, and any person who has a sense of civility would rather cozy up with North Korea instead of cozying up with the Ukro-Nazis, the head chopping Saudi dictatorship, or entities that engage in uncivilized acts, like using their postage stamps to propagate filth and ******ry.

Bottom line is, a prostitute should not preach others to practice celibacy.

amoy

How come you "commies" ( joke) have better understanding of todays Russia, than democratic Indians? You are spot on!
Moi! :D oh my dear tovarich ~ if u browse carefully u'd find I posted of Russian economy in "unhealthy" conditions maybe 2 years ago long ahead of the Ukraine turmoil ~ quoting a source that %% of its govmt revenue was from fossil fuel exports.

me being a neighbor of Russia like u, my heart goes out to Russia but my brain would still stick to cold facts. even from an "ideological" point of view one hardly subscribes to sustainability of ultra nationalism + crony "oligarchy" or "kleptocracy" in your words.

Last edited:

jouni

Moi! :D oh my dear tovarich ~ if u browse carefully u'd find I posted of Russian economy in "unhealthy" conditions maybe 2 years ago long ahead of the Ukraine turmoil ~ quoting a source that %% of its govmt revenue was from fossil fuel exports.

me being a neighbor of Russia like u, my heart goes out to Russia but my brain would still stick to cold facts. even from an "ideological" point of view one hardly subscribes to sustainability of ultra nationalism + crony "oligarchy" or "kleptocracy" in your words.

I guess we both have love hate relation with Russia. He is like a drunken flamboyant cousin, you like him, and want all the best for him but ultimately know that he constantly falls off the wagon.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The Koreas will unite with the efforts of Russia and China. Time is fast approaching for this unification. Kim and company has to go - better it goes peacefully. American methods of bombing and violence everywhere are outdated.
Sir, Americans fear the dirty BOMB....

Khagesh

Nobody fears the dirty bomb. A dirty bomb cannot work. The physics won't allow it to.

What the Americans do not want to admit is that NoKo most likely has perfectly working Fission and Boosted Fission weapons. The most challenging thing to make these weapons work is the implosion mechanism and with off the shelf technology this is doable for a determined nation (even pakis) at prices that are inexpensive. The only hope for Americans if they go against the Noko is that Kim's bombs will fizzle. But even that is a massive boom. That fizzled out boom will create so much uncertainty that the whole architecture will begin to demand new assurances. Which the Americans are incapable of providing even today. So let the architecture remain blissful in its ignorance. Do some silly propaganda among like minded people and declare win. Meantime just make sure Kim is kept happy.

sorcerer

Country flag
isnt NoKo acting like a buffer for China and Russia from the US controlled SoKo?!!??
Unification..may be.but it could be a purge or coup in NoKo orchastrated by US.

It will be interesting to see the new dynamics there then.

amoy

@jouni the interesting caricature u posted was a Japanese one for [world around 1900]

The message the atlas tries to convey is "Eat or be eaten" in the jungle. The lazy and stupid pig i.e. China (dubbed as the sick man of East Asia, obviously a negative example for Japanese at that time) is nervously looking through a weather glass to figure out what to do.

The 5000 ruble banknote tells a lot on the love-hate relations btwn Russia and China --

Monument to Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk

During the last expedition of 1858, Muravyov concluded the Treaty of Aigun with the Qing official Yishan. The Chinese were initially against setting any kinds of boundaries along the Amur River, preferring the status quo of keeping the adjacent territories under joint control of Russia and China. Muravyov, however, was able to persuade the Chinese that Russia's intentions were peaceful and constructive. The Treaty of Aigun effectively recognized the Amur River as the boundary between Russia and Qing Empire and granted Russia free access to the Pacific Ocean. For this, Muravyov was granted the title of Count Amursky (i.e., "of the Amur River").

jouni

@jouni the interesting caricature u posted was a Japanese one for [world around 1900]

The message the atlas tries to convey is "Eat or be eaten" in the jungle. The lazy and stupid pig i.e. China (dubbed as the sick man of East Asia, obviously a negative example for Japanese at that time) is nervously looking through a weather glass to figure out what to do.

The 5000 ruble banknote tells a lot on the love-hate relations btwn Russia and China --

Monument to Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk
Interesting, Russian far east history is more or less unknown to me. After 1890s Finns did not had to serve in Russian Army, tax was issued instead.

jouni

Article about corruption in Russia by Finnish magazine
Russian corruption: State to buy at inflated prices, sell below cost
The State Duma Anti-Corruption Commission director warns of the dangers of the fight against corruption.

Anne Kuorsalo / SK

The fight against corruption can turn a threat to the state, warn the Russian leadership part. At the same time, the public will be constantly elite abuse. Recently arrested former Director General of the Prison Service Alexander Reimer, who acquired a brisk inflated prices jalkapantoja and valvontarannekkeita.

Reimeiriä and the other two are suspected of embezzlement of 2.7 billion rubles, while the prison authorities kept under house arrest bought in 2010 to 12 electronic control devices. The current rate of about 45 million, but the euro was at that time about 40 rubles, ie the sum has been responsible for nearly 70 million. Surveillance equipment was purchased at least five-fold in the price: the current price is 19 000 rubles, but they were paid either 108 or 000 rubles up to 128 000 rubles.

Reimer in its prison system as CEO from 2009 to 2012. As the story has been indicted by the deputy director of the plant and equipment sold a businessman, it is organized under the laws of the Russian group, in which case the penalty can be up to ten years in prison.

Abuses clearing Russian activists of the overpriced acquisition of goods the state is typical. This is called active businessman officials. Equally common is state property selling below cost. The same pattern also applies to state-owned companies, where managers can manipulate the corporate income broker sorting provided that the bonds are not transparent information.

Reimer was arrested last week of March. The previous week, held in the state and business cooperation, a seminar talked about the State Duma anti-corruption committee leader Irina Jarova. He stated that the fight against corruption can not use the state's sovereignty, independence, breaking. He mentioned the example of Ukraine, where the whole power of the State machinery was destroyed in the name of the fight against corruption.

It is ridiculous that the anti-corruption committee chairman warns of the dangers of the fight against corruption, is responsible for Ivan Davydov www.newtimes.russa. He refers to the same Assistant Minister Igor Zubinin similar statements. Zubin has found the Colour Revolution have begun anti-corruption slogans.

The Russian leadership is afraid Colour Revolution. One of them led to the first change of power in Ukraine in 2004, but did not stop there corruption. Now in Ukraine are engaged in another company. A culture is the same as in Russia: the state to buy at inflated prices, but the state companies are selling below cost, for example, the energy companies.

"The prohibition to criticize the perpetrators of corruption comparable to protect the country's sovereignty and critics address the country's main enemy", to analyze Davydov. He corruption in Russia, as well as a civil service loyalty instrument guarantees that the machinery secret advantage.

Corruption is Davydov, actually only an efficient use of power tool in today's Russia. Still life explains Davydov believes that the powers that the wrath of ordinary people to the point where ordinary people decide to fight against corruption independently. The powers that be thinking this is not the improvement of the conditions, but the attack power against major financial instruments.

One of corruption to higher is the leading political figures of the opposition Alexei Navalny, who has been under house arrest. Detention of is controlled with the same overpriced purchases wristbands, involving the former head of the penitentiary arrest.

Navalnyi has not discouraged the authorities against him tehtailemista stuff but is apureineen recently revealed in his blog how the former Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov's son, 27-year-old Serge, have become a major property owner in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region surrounding the town.

Sergei Serdyukov owns. Komarov Buy, formerly Terijoki Clock hill, in the early 1900s Juhnevitshin built villa, located in the 1.9 acre site. The area had originally acquired in 2010, Serdyukov's family belonged to the inner circle businessman 154.5 million rubles. The sum is a little more than four million at the time of the Russian ruble. During the Soviet period the house worked the Ministry of Defence kindergarten.

The purchase was associated with a high since 2012 researched the story, in which the Department of Defense's real estate holdings cared for now leader Yevgenia Vasilyev accused of property for sale below cost and more than three billion rubles embezzlement. The date of the course, the sum equivalent to approximately EUR 75 million.

Jupakkaan associated with many titillating twists and turns. Vasilyeva was arrested early in the morning from his home, where hanging around aamutakkisillaan the then Minister Serdyukov. He lived in the same house, but at the time was married to one of President Vladimir Putin's close with the daughter of a man. He has not been charged, even though the minister and his wife went in. Also, Vasiliev has been kept under house arrest overpriced in relation to the valvontarannekkeisiin.

For anybody not a secret that the governors and their subordinates act as senior officials dominate pretty much all over the country, the company's life, the press, the judiciary, as well as other organizations that maintain the order of writes President Boris Yeltsin's former press secretary Vyacheslav Kostikov Argumenty i Fakty magazine.

Very Kosti, corruption is systematic and editorial office will virtanaan of the elective letters. He is a mistake to think that Putin would decide everything. In reality, the power is in the top administrative machinery, which include, above all, take care of their own careers and finances. In the highest positions is sycophant and the empty speakers who inspired policy-making and take advantage of patriotism.

Kostikov notes that Russia will be more and more behind Western Europe and the powers that be are seeking the legitimacy of the situation by talking to the stability and Russkij miristä, "Russian world". In reality, it is the hardest Kosti view that you want to maintain the conditions that safeguard the bureaucracy and the nomenklatura abundant life.

Popular, more than two million edition of Argumenty i Fakty says the end of March in St. Petersburg edition of the illuminating example of this exuberance. The main character has recently been arrested in the city of monuments to protect Committee, vice chairman Igor Krish. The Committee has a key role in building permits, it really all real estate in the center of St. Petersburg are protected.

Krish is suspected of 4.5 million rubles, 75 000 EUR, bribe taking. His home was found in six million rubles, 00 100 euros, and one of the bank's safe to 600 000 dollars. Krish is home to 182 square meters apartment in the elite house. Home on the walls arvomaaluksia and in addition to the family owns three homes in other parts of St. Petersburg. The property is also abroad: Spain, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Mallorca. The information revealed in safe assets found, the family of the address, operating instructions for the host being caught in case

jouni

There is no future for the Russian economy in isolation, and cooperation with other developing countries like China, South Africa, India and Brazil will not give Russia the know-how it needs to modernize. While the EU and the U.S. each registered about 150,000 patents each at the European patent office in Munich over the past decade, Russia registered about 500

Future Can Be Bright for Russia-EU Relations | Opinion | The Moscow Times
@sgarg, @pmaitra, @Ray

In 2016, a negotiated settlement on Crimea needs to be agreed and implemented. From 2017, EU and Russian citizens should travel freely between Russia and the EU, not least to see the various football games in 2018. Student exchanges, city partnerships and high-speed trains should be funded.

Newly made friends could come over to see each other for a weekend trip without visas or border controls or great cost. Criminals would be pursued across all of the common space

sgarg

@jouni, the world is more complex than it seems. Everything changes with time. The dynamics around Russia is changing too. I would stick to my forecast that USA is doomed despite its cutting edge technology.

I would have said the same as you say 15 years before. But the world changed after that fateful day in 2001 when world trade center in New York came down. It was a sign, that downfall of USA has started.

Technology is not a big factor. Many technologies are overrated.

jouni

@jouni, the world is more complex than it seems. Everything changes with time. The dynamics around Russia is changing too. I would stick to my forecast that USA is doomed despite its cutting edge technology.

I would have said the same as you say 15 years before. But the world changed after that fateful day in 2001 when world trade center in New York came down. It was a sign, that downfall of USA has started.

Technology is not a big factor. Many technologies are overrated.
You got too dark visions, there is no downwall at sight. US image globally is actually getting better thanks to clever moves by Obama at Cuba, Iran, Ukraine and Afganistan.

sorcerer

Country flag
^^

Cuba is a counter flanking move by USA..no love..just keeping Cuba in check .May be the previous Cuban missile crisis still gives the Americans Heebie-jeebies .

Iran - That lead to Yemen War

Ukraine- THe American messup is all over the Civil War in Ukraine discussion .

Afghanistan : US wants to get out of Afghan but cant.

Sure..You call these clever moves.. :D

and news from proseperous USA

Tapped out: Baltimore threatens water cuts to 25,000 customers over unpaid bills
About $15 million owed by commercial tenants, government offices and nonprofits owe close to $10 million...

Seemingly following in the footsteps of Detroit, Baltimore city administrators have given customers 10 days to pay their overdue water bills or face loss of water service. Residents and commercial tenants owe the city $40 million in unpaid bills.

Baltimore officials are trying to cut back on the problem of accounts going unpaid for months or even years. The Baltimore Sun estimates that a third of the bills due (about $15 million) are owed by 370 commercial tenants. Government offices and nonprofits owe close to $10 million.
The city is seeking payment from those who owe more than $250 or more, dating back at least half a year. Water rates have increased over the past three years by a total of 42 percent, with another 11 percent increase due to take effect this July, according Baltimore Brew.

The problem of non-payment is also not entirely the fault of customers unable or unwilling to pay. The Baltimore Sun found out the city's Department of Public Works had chronic problems with billing, which included sending customers inflated statements. The department halted billing to improve accuracy, but this action caused further delays.
Public Works made the water cut-off announcement on March 25, with little notice and no public hearings on the matter. Just under a week later, on March 31, several dozen protesters rallied outside City Hall to call on officials to reverse their decision. They want the City Council to investigate why customers are late paying.

"We're in a state of shock and outrage," Sharon Black, who helped organize the protest, told the Sun. "People aren't paying their water bills because they can't afford to."

Baltimore City Council President Bernard C. 'Jack' Young said the city offers help to seniors and others in financial difficulties, but added the action is necessary to head off "future water rate increases."

A Food and Water Watch researcher, Mary Grant, told Think Progress the payment plans are too small to make a difference.

"There is low-income assistance, but it's only a one-time payment of $161," said Grant. :D

Matt Hill, an attorney for the Public Justice Center, called the threatened shutoff "inequitable and unconscionable," and is concerned tenants will go without water because landlords don't pay their bills.

Of the more than 600,000 residents in Baltimore, Maryland, 63 percent are black and 31 percent are white, according to US Census figures from 2009-2013. Twenty-four percent live below the federal poverty level.

Last year, Detroit residents fought a similar decision by city administrators who threatened to cut off water to customers with overdue bills. The decision sparked criticism from around the country and the world, with some United Nations experts saying denying water to people could be a violation of human rights. Almost 40 percent of Detroit's population lives below the poverty line, according to the AP.
» Tapped out: Baltimore threatens water cuts to 25,000 customers over unpaid bills Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

US citizens are having a crisis. Like every country which is at prolonged war, them citizens get it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles