DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
What?? The Brahmos hasn't always been a 2 stage missile with solid booster rocket in its 1st stage & LFRJ in its 2nd stage , you mean?
DRDO has been working on 2 different RAMJET engine.
Solid Fuel (SFDR) and Liquid Fuel(LFRJ).

Azaad

Country flag
I'm not sure who said it but it seems that there is some agreement with Russia that drdo won't develop its own liquid ramjet cruise missile. Hence IMO star is a sneaky way to start development while keeping to the agreement.
It's kinda like how ISRO developed "isrosene" during the he development of sce 200.
I'm aware of the agreement in the case of Brahmos yet we've replaced the seeker there some time back which also was initially supplied by Russia as per our workshare agreement & now it is the propellant which we've replaced.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I got that but he seems to be insisting that in a JV we've to respect workshare agreements which doesn't matter in a ToT though the one we signed with Russia for the MKI specifically required us to import certain key assemblies / sub assemblies or raw materials from them which over a period of time , we gradually by passed & are mfg indigenously out here.

Hence as per him no modifications / alterations in the workshare agreements in a JV yet we've graduated to replacing the liquid propellant in the RAMJET Engine. How long before we replace the RAMJET engine itself ?
NO.

You are totally wrong here. During the initial stage, we brought MKI in knocked down kits and assembled it in India. Percentage of indigenization increased gradually and today its 75% indigenous. Even if we make it 100% indigenous, and start using Kaveri or any other engine, then too as per license agreement, we will have to pay royalty to Russians for every MKI ordered.

But in a JV, you divide the work-share. In case of BRAHMOS, the initial batch was completely Russian including the launcher. But then too, for every unit purchased by service, DRDO was getting 50.5% of the price and NPOM 49.5. In this case, we are not giving Russians any royalty for any unit we are buying or selling here. Now in this case, if we indigenize the whole missile, what is the point of giving 49.5% of the unit price to Russians? In short there would be no BRAHMOS Inc. So under any JV, you have to sign a contract with the clause that the JV body remains relevant under any condition.

If you have read the news, the fuel has been developed within 8 months. So it was no big deal in first place. We could have done it earlier too. But it has been done now keeping in mind the LFRJ project.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I'm aware of the agreement in the case of Brahmos yet we've replaced the seeker there some time back which also was initially supplied by Russia as per our workshare agreement & now it is the propellant which we've replaced.
Again a big NO.

We have tested it with indigenous seeker. But we have not replaced it with Indigenous seeker.

Azaad

Country flag
And who made this seeker?
Don't test my knowledge & patience man . I'm neither a newbie nor a novice to defense forums . Neither do I make a regular appearance on PKS's blog , gather information there & disseminate it around the virtual world nor did I start my own blog like Joydeep Ghosh after hanging around Trishul long enough.

We've been testing the Brahmos with an indigenous seeker since 2017-18 if not earlier.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Don't test my knowledge & patience man . I'm neither a newbie nor a novice to defense forums . Neither do I make a regular appearance on PKS's blog , gather information there & disseminate it around the virtual world nor did I start my own blog like Joydeep Ghosh after hanging around Trishul long enough.

We've been testing the Brahmos with an indigenous seeker since 2017-18 if not earlier.
I am not testing your knowledge in defence. I am just looking at your general knowledge in business.

NutCracker

Country flag
Wait a minute

Haven't visited trishul in very long time

Is it the same jihadi leftist rabidly antihindu joydeep ghosh who used to comment in trishul blog you talking about ?
I think yes. You can enter joydeep in search bar "by-member" .
His last blogspot link was about Gaza war giving really good BJ to his islamocommie masters

porky_kicker

Country flag
I think yes. You can enter joydeep in search bar "by-member" .
His last was about Gaza war giving really good BJ to his islamocommie masters
It's long time back , I generally as a rule completely ignore jihadis whatever they say/write, but he was one of a kind of jihadi leftist combo so much so that I remember

Last edited:

Articles