DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

raju1982

Country flag
It's been discussed to the death that We need heavy press for churning out lighter bulkheads and other componenets.
30-40k Tonne press costs 150-200M$ . Considering the exponential growth in our defence and aerospace investment, I hope govt invests into till Tejas MK2 reaches to mass production stage. Same press can be utilised further for TEDBF AND AMCA.
The funny part is govt knew this more than a decade ago but did not take any action to solve this. Instead went for juggad.

Fatalis

Country flag
I think 400 ATAGS is made up by the reporter. He maybe referring to the seperate 400 gun tender under 15 ton category which was in news few months ago in which army wanted futuristic tech like laser ignition blah blah.
Yeah, this one. So, if we go with numbers then we will be having:

307 ATAGS
200 MGS(105mm)
400 new TGS

Fatalis

Country flag
No longer believe any of this... 2 yrs ago Sandeep unnithan reported about possible deal for additional 200x K9 for 12k crore... then other reported about the 100x K9... but nothing happened.
Dubey ji has been delivering bomb shell news one after another. So, I will take my chances and believe this one.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Dubey ji has been delivering bomb shell news one after another. So, I will take my chances and believe this one.
How many of his news items have resulted in a contract signature? NIL... sunya bata sannata

BJP has hired 4-5 journos like him who give up such news... they hype DAC acceptance of necessity like it's a deal... I have met several people(civilians) who are victims of such news... & they get shocked when I tell them all that they heard about is still on paper.

Last edited:

UnderFingy

Country flag
BC that's just 70K $ ..
even if it's some technically very miniscule basic integration, American MIC would n't want world to know about this deal ..

Maybe bidders want experience rather than money , so they are taking up some losses in this deal.
The company that I work for developed something for one of the DRDO labs. They've been using this contract to advertise the manufacturing capabilities of the company to other commercial customers.

Covfefe

Country flag
The company that I work for developed something for one of the DRDO labs. They've been using this contract to advertise the manufacturing capabilities of the company to other commercial customers.
Happens in other industries as well. Small and medium enterprises working with multinationals work on fairly low margins - but payment is guaranteed and looks good on their portfolio to bag other orders. Contract manufacturer for a Big Pharma will work on 20-25% GP(that's piss poor from ROCE pov, given the factory costs), but that's assured cash cow for them once they've cracked it.

Blademaster

Basically supervise and coordinate between all those who are involved and make the process smooth and fast
OK then why publish it? Now the spooks know where and who to target to get the information about India's stealth program and discover any weaknesses or strengths and develop countermeasures.

NutCracker

Country flag
OK then why publish it? Now the spooks know where and who to target to get the information about India's stealth program and discover any weaknesses or strengths and develop countermeasures.
It not about stealth program but Kaveri and LCA integration.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I mead tender was out the results would be public ofc that's how it works in democracy these things are transparent It should be there responsibility to have counter to these things

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Don't you guys think Kalyani 105mm MGS is just proof of concept and not a fully military grade mature product. Its basically screwdrivergiri of mandus 105mm artillery. They could have atleast tried to engineer the concept on a vehicle like pcl-161 and pcl-171. Just compare these three vehicles and find out which one seems better.
1701155095677.png

1701155208350.png

and now compare these to this jugaad of kalyani mgs
1701155331160.png

So, where is the space for ammo and crew to operate the gun. And if anything to learn from Ukraine is that you atleast want your vehicle to be protected from shrapnels. This is just not good.

Only advantage of this vehicle is lightweight of 5.5tons but no space for gun crew and ammo. Otoh Chinese systems providers for both as well as basic Armor in total weight of some 11tons.
We haven't also got enough chinooks to lug around these kalayani mgs for air mobility ops too.

It may sadden some people but I surely don't want this half baked system in IA.

If only kalyani offers something like their other product
1701155630884.png

I would rather prefer conversion of current towed 105mm to mobile solutions like
1701155971212.png

1701155988165.png

No need to waste money on half baked solutios like kalyani 105mm mgs which not bringing anything significant to the table.

Last edited:

Articles