DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Country flag
We rank 2nd in number of engineers produced each year.

We rank 40th in World Innovation Index.
Producing IT collies is not innovation
What I understand from engineering field is padho agar govt college mil gaya koi bhi branch lelo par woh branch mat padhi bas coding karo mech ho elec ho ya koi bhi sab coding karo
Afterall waha pe hi toh jobs hai
Uske bad bhi job nahi milega tab jake call centers join karo
Agar hindi ata hai toh "hello main apke kis prakar saheta kar sakta hun"
Agar English ata hai toh "hello how may I help u"
Uske bad jab g**** fat jaye tab cha.e jayenge MBA karne govt college ho ya pvt akhir main jis group main magaz mari kar rahe the usi group ko manage karo
Fir children fir loans fir EMI fir retirement uske bad wait for death
This is what I am prepared for
Sorry for foul words and rant

another_armchair

Country flag
That was just an example...that's supposed to be the first step of anything and even that's so wrecked. You try to hire a good patent lawyer and the fee would easily touch 1-2 lakhs. You approach some big firm with your patent and they'll simply find a loophole and copy your patent. Even for licence of certain machine parts you'll have to run from desk to desk. The cost of things like CNC services, 3D printing, prototyping is literally in lakhs here in India because of lack of competition. Firms will stop replying to your mail once they realise you're not a B.Tech from some top IIT-NIT. Army or MoD will always answer you vaguely to prevent you from making something that they'll be forced to select.
Aur kya bolun
7o4xua.jpg

jai jaganath

Country flag
Anything below tier 3 college does not produce engineer, they produced degree holders.
Fault lies in the gov and college management as well, they don't really try to invite Firms to setup research labs in their campuses. That is limited to tier 1 college and some tier 2 such as BITs, VIT(Mercedez, Siemens, Honeywell) KIIT(Siemens, Mercedez, lyly)
Even my friend who works at JSW says they don't make any effort to inidgenize complex subsystem. Relays, scada Cards, Sensor, interlock all come from Japan.
Altho to be noted Jindal has delved into Nuclear application in Steel industry at the behest of BARC.

How is it calculated.
It was 81 in 2014 and 46 in 2022.
We will probably crack 30 by 2030.
But sirji tier 2 pvt colleges like u mentioned bits vit or manipal produce just coders be it from any branch
Students have no interest in the branches they study
Literally hopeless state of engineering in our nation

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
But sirji tier 2 pvt colleges like u mentioned bits vit or manipal produce just coders be it from any branch
Students have no interest in the branches they study
Literally hopeless state of engineering in our nation
BITs, VIT, KIIT and Manipal have MOUs with various international firms and research group
KIIT has a Solar module and Semiconductor research laboratory.
BITs has its multi Axis cnc tooling room

jai jaganath

Country flag
BITs, VIT, KIIT and Manipal have MOUs with various international firms and research group
I agree sirji but students seems to be less interested in these things all they want is good salary which can be achieved by coding only

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Here

BITs

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Here

BITs

So basically you just slightly solved one phase of the four I mentioned.

By signing MOUs and having machines you're not gonna achieve anything if everyones in CS/IT. Heck even core management guys are learning Python to increase salary.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
So basically you just slightly solved one phase of the four I mentioned.

By signing MOUs and having machines you're not gonna achieve anything if everyones in CS/IT. Heck even core management guys are learning Python to increase salary.
That is because there is no traction in these labs, for now they are just for show. Students aren't allowed to operate on these. Not even the CNC machines.
50 lakh ka Saman thodi na students ko chune denge.

karn

Country flag
Haha .. In my tier 3 college some company (I think it was dell )started an "innovation center" .. All students had to show up for the inauguration. I didn't know what was going on there .. 2 semesters later a friend of mine whos uncle was a board member of the college told me that the principle ate up that money and is now trying to negotiate for a seat on the board in exchange for that money .. The "innovation center is just a shitty auditorium today .. no they did not set up a new auditorium building .. they just made an auditorium in the basement ..
The absolute state of "innovation" in our colleges.

shade

Country flag
Long time ago some membe had posted link to a book about incubation of talent.
That book covered how even a small country can achieve success in a project when they dedicate themselves to a cause. Population and Fund crunch not withstanding.
I lost the book when my computer went kaput. Hence why I asked.
Anything below tier 3 college does not produce engineer, they produced degree holders.
Fault lies in the gov and college management as well, they don't really try to invite Firms to setup research labs in their campuses. That is limited to tier 1 college and some tier 2 such as BITs, VIT(Mercedez, Siemens, Honeywell) KIIT(Siemens, Mercedez, lyly)
Even my friend who works at JSW says they don't make any effort to inidgenize complex subsystem. Relays, scada Cards, Sensor, interlock all come from Japan.
Altho to be noted Jindal has delved into Nuclear application in Steel industry at the behest of BARC.

How is it calculated.
It was 81 in 2014 and 46 in 2022.
We will probably crack 30 by 2030.
R&D is the exclusive preserve of the Post-Industrial rich countries, a poor country like ours hasn't even started a successful industrialization journey :bplease:

Most R&D funding and facilities come from the private sector and after that it's the govt/academic.

Private sector here is utterly bania tier, they just want to do the bare minimum and chug along, no innovation, no need to indeginize any subcomponents or processes since it doesn't increase their profits :troll:, very few suit boots also compete globally except in IT coolie field,I think Mahindra exports tractors world wide, Bajaj has conquered the African motorbike market from Chineez and Mukes exports a lot of refined petroleum products, but that's about it.

Now tell me, why will you invest in R&D if you are a suit-boot private sector lala? What benefit does it bring you? you don't face cut-throat competition so you have no need to innovate, your costs can be reduced by simply importing from China or outsourcing, why start rolling your own or buying from domestic suppliers.

Now coming to the Sarkari -> Academic funding, once again we live in a poor country where Revdi is needed to win elections, so you have to allocate a large budget for "welfare schemes", what remains for R&D? why will you boost such a budget? even the Defense budget is sub 3% of GDP today inspite of us facing a 2 front threat from both our enemies :bplease:

You can literally import over top-tier Indian talent from the West provided you can pay them the same or better salaries or facilities, but ofc uske liye paise kon dega? for the machines and other expensive equipment also cost money to do research on, who will pay for that? chindi, lazy private sector or a Govt that has it's priorities messed up?

Truth is abhi R&D aur "Innovation" ki aukaat nahi hai, maybe in the future

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Hmmm, Sri Lanka seems to be interested in setting up an Ammunition plant for primarily the 7.62x39mm and 9x19mm ammunition with the help of India, probably through Munitions India Ltd.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
DRDO had a 300mm MBRL program since 20 yrs. it was sabotaged for protecting Smerch imports by Chandigarh lobby. Now it’s being revived as even Solar Industries Ltd wants to develop a 300mm guided MBRL and another ATACMS equivalent

Incidentally, Army has not given orders for guided pinaka, Prahaar or pralay missiles. Dil mange imports

Global Defence

New threads

Articles