DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

shade

Country flag
IAF is simply being IAF but someone please tell our Navy Chief that they have more Type 052D than all of our destroyers and firgates combined.
And ya, we still don't have mine warfare vessels btw
View attachment 208644
Their entire Navy won't be after us, most of their navy is intended to fight off some US/Korea/Japan/SEAsian kachra invasion, so no need to shiver over their over 9000 million ships, In traditional choinees style it will first be their fishing trawler militia appearing around A&N and depending on how pussified the response is they will increase in intensity.

The IAF meanwhile is a joke, in case of a real war they will be the most useless arm with their museum squadron jets and shameless IMPORT HI IMPORT HOGA insistence, Modi will have to go with a katora, Zelensky style begging goras to spare us some 2nd hand air planes for immediate use :bplease:

IAF should learn something from the IN, majority of the surface fleet is all made in Indian shipyards today, per Indian designs, apparently these designs are made by IN officers only.

dfcool

Country flag
not sure where to post

someone Identify these. got them from eu group.

heli 2.gif

heli 1.gif

heli 3.gif

this one probably chinese, they says.
china 1.gif

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Their entire Navy won't be after us
And that's why I mentioned just one class of destroyer...not the entire Navy.

IN is good in whatever it has done, will not criticize the efforts they have taken for indigenization but the problem is they themselves don't know what to do. It feels like they are making a collection of vessels instead of a purpose driven Navy. Three destroyer of this type, two of this, and one of...

Let's say we don't want a big fat Navy with 50 destroyer like China, we just want a lean and mean navy to destroy Chinese surface fleet. So then where's our 50 small, agile, BrahMos armed fast attack corvettes?
Again Navy me say that they don't want an Iran style improvised surface fleet hunting navy, they want something classy. So then where's our fleet of attack submarine?
Everything is in similar dilemma...we want Aircraft Carriers then where's them? We don't want Aircraft Carriers, then where's our full fledged air bases in Andaman and Lakshadweep?

dfcool

Country flag
Helicopter is EuroCopter Tiger; kinda German
And that SPAAG is Gepard; German
Did LCH hired any german designers? Both Eurocopter and LCH have uncanny resemblance.
Why i am asking because ALH was contracted/designed by MBB, a germany company.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Did LCH hired any german designers? Both Eurocopter and LCH have uncanny resemblance.
Why i am asking because ALH was contracted/designed by MBB, a germany company.
MBB was hired for ALH and LCH is derived from ALH...so that's why you see resemblance.

If you want to see real uncanny resemblance then compare MBB/Kawasaki BK 117 and HAL Dhruv

Master Chief

Country flag
Going by your logic, we should just lay arms and surrender.
Nope.. just be aware and take measures.. we are not the ones projecting power.. we are the defenders.. Andaman and Nicobar command should be bristling with Anti ship and A2AD weaponry.. Part of our Navy should be built around area denial..

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Has anyone ever read a book about how western counterparts maintain such a strong R&D innovation culture?

There is definitely something institutional in their success

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Has anyone ever read a book about how western counterparts maintain such a strong R&D innovation culture?

There is definitely something institutional in their success
Arrreee Bhai Sahab...no need to read a book, I've first hand experience.

Everything here happens very meticulously and in four phases or stages

Kid : Why do we even need curiosity when you have everything else? Earlier even if it used to happen because of things like LEGO and Engineer's Kit, nowadays Instagram and games have completely killed it.
Let's assume the kid successfully retained the curiosity and developed it into some kind of hobby or passion...it could be anything from music to genetic engineering.

Parents : JEE, engineering, job and marriage. If not that, then NEET, MBBS, practice and marriage.
C... gayi na Maa curiosity aur passion ki? But let's assume parents are good and they allow everything.

Education : Is there anything even remotely possible in Indian education system where I can read something about...say aeronautics in class 10th without first having to read chemistry and maths in class 12th and then cracking JEE to get into some good NIT?
And in curriculum too, we are still stuck with old, rote learning things that make absolutely no sense in practical world. Saale mujhe bade ho kar laser based proximity sensor banani hai, main kyon padhun aldehyde se benzene kaise banate hain!?
Now let's assume somehow someone completes this step too, ends convincing parents to follow passion and doing mechanical engineering from a good IIT finally starts on his childhood dream of making an assault rifle.

Infrastructure/System : Do you know how difficult it's to get a patent? The time? The fee? From where are you going to get the funds for R&D? Do you have any idea how many clearances and licenses I'll need to even make a non-firing prototype? How are you going to convince the MoD to even look at your design? Even if somehow you manage to get investors, what's the guarantee you won't be kicked out of your own company?

Extremely sorry to everyone for this long a** rant, but it is what it is
🙂

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Arrreee Bhai Sahab...no need to read a book, I've first hand experience.

Everything here happens very meticulously and in four phases or stages

Kid : Why do we even need curiosity when you have everything else? Earlier even if it used to happen because of things like LEGO and Engineer's Kit, nowadays Instagram and games have completely killed it.
Let's assume the kid successfully retained the curiosity and developed it into some kind of hobby or passion...it could be anything from music to genetic engineering.

Parents : JEE, engineering, job and marriage. If not that, then NEET, MBBS, practice and marriage.
C... gayi na Maa curiosity aur passion ki? But let's assume parents are good and they allow everything.

Education : Is there anything even remotely possible in Indian education system where I can read something about...say aeronautics in class 10th without first having to read chemistry and maths in class 12th and then cracking JEE to get into some good NIT?
And in curriculum too, we are still stuck with old, rote learning things that make absolutely no sense in practical world. Saale mujhe bade ho kar laser based proximity sensor banani hai, main kyon padhun aldehyde se benzene kaise banate hain!?
Now let's assume somehow someone completes this step too, ends convincing parents to follow passion and doing mechanical engineering from a good IIT finally starts on his childhood dream of making an assault rifle.

Infrastructure/System : Do you know how difficult it's to get a patent? The time? The fee? From where are you going to get the funds for R&D? How are going to convince the MoD to even look at your design? Even if somehow you manage to get investors, what's the guarantee you won't be kicked out of your own company?

Extremely sorry to everyone for this long a** rant, but it is what it is
🙂
You are a mech engineer right?
Shivpur?
Any personal ancedotes of such experience?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
You are a mech engineer right?
Shivpur?
Any personal ancedotes of such experience?
Nope, management

I'm not bong, just know Bangla. So your guess is wrong. But it was clever nonetheless

First two were good in my case, ngl.
But later two kinda sucked. "Mechanical Engineering faculty would be like...you're from MBA right? Arre tum kya kroge ye sab se 😅". Asked junior engineering fellas about designing something and they're like "😶, aisa hota hai? Pata nai, Sir kabhi bataye nai Bhaiya" Never found a single book in all the libarary about any "topic", everything was curricular.
As for the last, then there's so much I can say...all I'll say is ek mail ke jawaab ke liye tarsa dete hain sab.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Nope, management

I'm not bong, just know Bangla. So your guess is wrong. But it was clever nonetheless

First two were good in my case, ngl.
But later two kinda sucked. "Mechanical Engineering faculty would be like...you're from MBA right? Arre tum kya kroge ye sab se 😅". Asked junior engineering fellas about designing something and they're like "😶, aisa hota hai? Pata nai, Sir kabhi bataye nai Bhaiya" Never found a single book in all the libarary about any "topic", everything was curricular.
As for the last, then there's so much I can say...all I'll say is ek mail ke jawaab ke liye tarsa dete hain sab.
Cold mailing is not really our culture that's more of Western thing. Peole maintain mail ID for show.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Cold mailing is not really our culture that's more of Western thing. Peole maintain mail ID for show.
That was just an example...that's supposed to be the first step of anything and even that's so wrecked. You try to hire a good patent lawyer and the fee would easily touch 1-2 lakhs. You approach some big firm with your patent and they'll simply find a loophole and copy your patent. Even for licence of certain machine parts you'll have to run from desk to desk. The cost of things like CNC services, 3D printing, prototyping is literally in lakhs here in India because of lack of competition. Firms will stop replying to your mail once they realise you're not a B.Tech from some top IIT-NIT. Army or MoD will always answer you vaguely to prevent you from making something that they'll be forced to select.
Aur kya bolun

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Long time ago some membe had posted link to a book about incubation of talent.
That book covered how even a small country can achieve success in a project when they dedicate themselves to a cause. Population and Fund crunch not withstanding.
I lost the book when my computer went kaput. Hence why I asked.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Long time ago some membe had posted link to a book about incubation of talent.
That book covered how even a small country can achieve success in a project when they dedicate themselves to a cause. Population and Fund crunch not withstanding.
I lost the book when my computer went kaput. Hence why I asked.
We rank 2nd in number of engineers produced each year.

We rank 40th in World Innovation Index.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
rank 2nd in number of engineers produced
Anything below tier 3 college does not produce engineer, they produced degree holders.
Fault lies in the gov and college management as well, they don't really try to invite Firms to setup research labs in their campuses. That is limited to tier 1 college and some tier 2 such as BITs, VIT(Mercedez, Siemens, Honeywell) KIIT(Siemens, Mercedez, lyly)
Even my friend who works at JSW says they don't make any effort to inidgenize complex subsystem. Relays, scada Cards, Sensor, interlock all come from Japan.
Altho to be noted Jindal has delved into Nuclear application in Steel industry at the behest of BARC.
40th in World Innovation Index
How is it calculated.
It was 81 in 2014 and 46 in 2022.
We will probably crack 30 by 2030.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles