DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Anandhu Krishna

Against a raiding party of 47 naxalites where 21 have bows - arrows, 17 have SMLEs, SLR with 6 of them and 3 having INSAS.
Yes.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Yes.

And how would an anti-aircraft, anti-armour, long range fire support heavy machine gun would have averted all these?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
indiscriminate shooting in the general direction.
I've quite elaborately mentioned everything they need, I think you missed that part. I'm taking the pain of going through that again
A MAG is a superior firepower for them
The range of 800-1200m and the portability of both ammo - gun is perfect for them. Ambushes always take place within 1,000m
single Milkol MGL
They need something that can sufficiently make the use of cover irrelevant without causing collateral damage. Currently they have everything from 9mm to 7.62mm (under-powered) and then from 51mm to 84mm (over-powered).

A grenade launcher (currently only a few troops are issued UBGL in CRPF), preferably an automatic but a multi would be enough is what they need.
collateral damage in village operations
.50BMG is going to penetrate cleanly through the torso of the Naxal you are aiming, then through the tree behind him, then a mud wall, then the person peeing on the other side of the wall, then another tree and then finally through a women in the next village.
we don't manufacture .50 BMG
We manufacture 12.7x108mm for our NSVTs so we would either need to import each round or source them from local manufacturers...and in both cases it's going to cost very high.
carry way more 7.62x51mm ammo in place of .50 BMG
A .50BMG would be 116 grams and a 7.62x51mm is 25 gram.

You can carry 9 bullets of one type in place of 2 of other. CRPFs need sustained firepower for quite a long duration so that they either hold Naxals till reinforcement or force them to retreat their ammo is expended.
At this point the have absolutely zero surveillance in actual theatres of action. A single Chinese quadcopter can change the direction of an encounter
Currently they have to literally beg for a helicopter to air force for even critical missions like MEDEVAC
aerial platform to shoot
Providing fire from above the jungle, beyond the range of enemy weapon
foliage penetrating radar
Once Naxals enter jungle you can't do sh*t
Imagine how many they currently have?

But if still you think .50 BMG is need then no issues, go be a mall ninja

Lonewarrior

Country flag
You can use it as a anti material rifle
Achha...
Nimnlikhit me se kaun se "material" ko hume aam taur pe kisi Bharatiya Naxali sangathan ke saath dikhne ki sambhavna hoti hai!?
(Sahi vikalp ko chinhit krein)

"They can also be used against stationary enemy aircraft, missile launchers, radar equipment, small watercraft, communications equipment, crew served weapons and similar targets."

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Going by your logic, we should just lay arms and surrender.
Yes...that's exactly my logic.
Glad you're the only one in this forum who got my logic

Well except the fact that my logic was to stop pretending what you can do coz that'll simply slow you down from actually doing it.
If today Poland kept on saying they can take on Russia then would it had made any difference? They realised how bad their military was and accepted it...result!? They started modernization on a war pace

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles