Country flag

Are these guns AK-630 or CRN-91?
BMP turret

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Are these guns AK-630 or CRN-91?
This gun...
Screenshot_2023-05-26-11-07-25-54_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

...where if you zoom in a bit you would find they didn't bother removing the commander and gunner's seats

Lonewarrior

Country flag
No sir.

A new 30mm Naval Surface Gun.
Do you have any idea how big of a deal that is going to happen?

We only have two existing 30mm auto-cannons, one 2A42 and other GSh-30-6 and we only know two ways of mounting it...in either a BMP turret or Ak-630 turret. So it's very difficult to think that they mounted any of these two on a completely new turret

Now coming to new gun...I mean seriously...how can you even imagine that we would develop a new 30mm auto-cannon?

Ultimately it's either a CRN-91 or they're doing Screwdriver-giri with some lesser known Bushmaster II turret

Fatalis

Country flag

We only have two existing 30mm auto-cannons, one 2A42 and other GSh-30-6 and we only know two ways of mounting it...in either a BMP turret or Ak-630 turret. So it's very difficult to think that they mounted any of these two on a completely new turret

Now coming to new gun...I mean seriously...how can you even imagine that we would develop a new 30mm auto-cannon?

Ultimately it's either a CRN-91 or they're doing Screwdriver-giri with some lesser known Bushmaster II turret
Yeah.

They will most probably use the Bushmaster canon. The RCWS will be new and better than the Medak gun.

It will be similar to Marlin or Smash or DSI gun.

binayak95

Country flag

We do have the know how of manufacturing the Aden guns as well.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah.

They will most probably use the Bushmaster canon. The RCWS will be new and better than the Medak gun.

It will be similar to Marlin or Smash or DSI gun.
The whole news item is full of confusion. They are talking about NSG and CIWS in the same line.

On the same news they are talking about GRSE being nominated as nodal agency for indigenization of 30mm CIWS by MoD back in March 2022. The only CIWS we are using now is AK-630. So instead of jumping guns, we should better wait.

Fatalis

Country flag
The whole news item is full of confusion. They are talking about NSG and CIWS in the same line.

On the same news they are talking about GRSE being nominated as nodal agency for indigenization of 30mm CIWS by MoD back in March 2022. The only CIWS we are using now is AK-630. So instead of jumping guns, we should better wait.
From what I understood, GRSE has been nominated as the nodal agency for 30mm NSG. Any shipyard which is constructing warship has to collaborate with GRSE for the guns to be implemented on their warships.

Right now there is an order of 10 systems out of which 8 will go on-board Sandhayak class.

astransastra

Country flag
Yeah all that and to top it off, this whole bloated edifice that we call IT is now coming crashing down like rubble.
Please do not generalize. IT is not just social media and digital marketing...a small fraction of the big giant. Facebook and Insta etc were always bound to come to ground once the people get frustrated with virtual acquaintances and started preferring real in-person interactions with people. It has been ages since i logged in my FB account...Facebook has more profiles for people who are already dead than living and those living are also not logging in FB as frequently as they were doing a few years back.

Blood+

Country flag
That was 3 mil per year. Sorry that i suddenly shifted from discussing per month to per year :)
I see. In that case, your figure is quite reasonable, and people I know did get such packages, but lately, as in the last 2 years, it's been getting progressively more difficult for up-and-coming developers to secure entry-level positions, at least from what I hear. It could be temporary, but if the statements of IBM's CEO are any indication, it may very well not be, and the coming years may not bode well for CS aspirants.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles