DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NutCracker

Country flag
ICG Dhruv MK-3 crashed in Kochi! Look like someone want to kill Dhruv program!!
It's didn't crash.it was forced landing.
Big difference.

flanker99

Country flag
ICG Dhruv MK-3 crashed in Kochi! Look like someone want to kill Dhruv program!!
Or there could be genuine problem stop making conspiracies always

thebakofbakchod

Apparently, it was a test run, the helicopter was only 25ft. above the ground when due to some technical issue it was forced to land.

Possibly some major defect in the latest iteration of Naval ALH. Previous deliveries are working fine.
What makes that a forced landing? Looks like it crashed and had no control over the chopper

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
If this happens additional 20-30 billion USD a year for procurement :

Departmental committee on defence, also standing Committee on defemce. Their real is a related to budget making around 15 such standing department commitees are their I guess
Their job is to give opinions and well actullay find out any financial irregularities by matching it with CAG reports and also propose remeady and a

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
What makes that a forced landing? Looks like it crashed and had no control over the chopper
Same thing.

Helicopter forced to land due to any issue which prevents it from being in air -> forced landing.

In this case, it seems the comedown was too harsh which made the helicopter lose balance and topple.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Wish the Bhim program could be revived.
View attachment 197840
I wish Bharat Forge (Kalyani group) would take an initiative to make Bharat-52 based SPH and an M777 equivalent lightweight artillery etc and so, probably a truck-mounted version too,

i mean from getting GHN-45 Tech and Assembly line etc stuff he's effectively gotten one of the best howitzer design to home, GC-45,
This same GC-45 was base for south african Denel G-5 howitzer that we were trying out on Bhim SPH but due to certain political bakchodi etc stuff it never got actualised and we're stuck with importing-assembling K-2 etc from South Korea

also GHN-45 originally was way much better design than the FH-77 Bofors we got here in late 80s, and all these issues with FH-77 design seems to be further inherited by its derivatives here with Dhanush and ATAGS...giving to these reports coming out and so,

so since we have a better design in hand with Bharat-52 ( GC-45 at core ), i wish Baba Kalyani would take an initiative to make SPH, Truck-Mounted versions and Light Artillery etc sort of derivatives from that.
at least this is easy to reconstruct here bekoze,
cannon on Bhim SPH was Denel one based originally on GC-45
and we now have desi GC-45 here under Bharat-52 (Kalyani brought entire assembly line of austrian GHN-45 = self propelled version of GC-45),
all we need is...intention baki 'raw material' toh hain apne paas.
Bhim SPH was ^this near^ to completion then all sudden 'reports of Denel bribing officials emerged' and it got put under muh bleklist hurr durr - we ended up kopying NTW-20 fork as Vidhwanshak but failed to go that way with Bhim SPH and armed forces kept using Abbot 105mm and ;Chhapre waali; (literally 🤷‍♂️ ) M46 Catapults for another decade or so - finally getting SoKorean K-9 Thunder after evaluations in 2012-2014 phase and ordering it in mudi sirkar 1 era...
and now IIT Madras etc developing ramjet propulsion ammo for it etc...
and now there are talks for repeat order of more 100 K-9

Imagine such enthusiasm was shown for Bhim project, we could've trully become atmanirbhar with that but it suffered same fate as all other good stuff here 🤷‍♂️

still as i mentioned in past, i do wish to see revival of Bhim SPH under Kalyani, as in past we were importing main gun turret from Denel, now we have same GC-45 based gun in possession with Bharat-52
It's probably impossible to find a vdo on Bhim SPH going bang bang and showing its features, so putting a vdo of most near thing to that (minus chassey part which is wheeled vehicle here instead of Arjun's tracked one), utilising Denel G5 howitzer as gun in that boxy turret (G5 is again south african fork of Dr. Gerald Bull's GC-45)
you're not alone, that's what i had been wishing-ranting-pleading in past;
someone just please ping baba kalyani over it re

thebakofbakchod

Does anyone have any latest figures regarding crash rates (excluding wars) of helicopters and planes in the IAF per flight hour? IAF used to be one of the most unprofessional and crash happy "large" air forces in the world by a large margin in the 80s and 90s. I am pretty sure the figures in the last 20 years places IAF in the higher ranks as well. Here is an article from 1989. All this stems to the abysmal workmanship, training and maintenance culture of the IAF and HAL (it was mainly HAL manufactured MIG-21s crashing left right center during this period).

In 1987-88 alone, officials reported 46 crashes of Indian air force jets, most involving the Soviet-made MiG-21 or MiG-27. Defense officials said that averages 2.4 crashes per 10,000 flying hours.Neighboring Pakistan had a 1.2 average, Britain 0.8 and the United States 0.65 in the same period, the statistics showed.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
you're not alone, that's what i had been wishing-ranting-pleading in past;
someone just please ping baba kalyani over it re
There's always a window of time, you either get in in time or you lose the opportunity forever.

As a defence company Denel is long gone; no scientist, no patents, no new projects. It remains only as a company. But the saddest part is just a few years ago guys at Denel were literally begging people all over the world to buy their patents or at least employ them.

People of UAE were/are visionary and we're effing retards. Just like we lost Embraer...we also lost Denel.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

No comments from my side, does anyone with proper understanding explain to us what’s happened?
It's impossible to explain from just a clip.
There are so many things that can happen...controls can get unresponsive, gearbox can fail, helicopter's own downwash can effect it, pilots can panic while recovering from a spin, there may be ground effect.

If anyone claims any reason just from this clip then there's good times you start unfollowing him.

And moreover there's no such thing as "agressive maneuvering". CG pilots would never test it in a scenario that they're never going to face...they are CG not Sarang

skunk works

Country flag
There's always a window of time, you either get in in time or you lose the opportunity forever.

As a defence company Denel is long gone; no scientist, no patents, no new projects. It remains only as a company. But the saddest part is just a few years ago guys at Denel were literally begging people all over the world to buy their patents or at least employ them.

People of UAE were/are visionary and we're effing retards. Just like we lost Embraer...we also lost Denel.
Count Motor Sich in there as well.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Apparently army bought Milrem Robotics THeMIS
Screwdrivergiri by kalyani maybe.
Such a large company doing screwdrivergiri while startups investing in R&D and no order. ( I'm assuming Gridbots developed Titan)

View attachment 198028

Gridbots Titan

View attachment 198029
Startups are mostly the ones working on most innovative products even in US. Usually, once that gets are little traction or maturity, big company will either acquire or build its own version.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Baboo(n)s watched Yes Prime Minister and thought it was an instructional video.
Iam a public administration student and i must admit iam very much inspired by the charisma and integrity of Sir Humphrey.
Our teacher told us to watch that show.
If I become a coveted member of indian bureaucracy and an emoloyee of the state, I shall try my best to emulate the qualites of sir Humphrey to my best abilities.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles