DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Mitsubishi F-X? What stage is it at right now?
Imaginary and abandoned stage, Japs ditched their own effort somewhat and have gone with a partnership in the UK led FCAS/GCAP programme, You can imagine the level of autonomy Japan will get here, likely little.

Even if us Indian brown coolies try to join either French or UK FCAS, we will always be treated as a free money basket and a little less human than them, they'll also make sure to make us dependent for another 3-4 decades. Like Joseph Borell said, everything outside Ewrope is a Jungle except S.Korean, Anglo saxons and Japanese.

It's just impossible to buy any 5th plane aprat from Americans. So, either no 5th gen or become subservient to US just like Australia.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
How many radars are in order any info on that?
Likely 8 Arudhra MPR have been ordered for Rs.2750 crore out of Rs.3700 crore contract awared to BEL.
IAF had stated that it has a projected requirement for 23 MPR back in November 2002 for replacement of PSM-33, P-40 and TRS-2215 radars. IAF had been given the green light to import 15 MPR in April 2006.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag

STORE

Likely 8 Arudhra MPR have been ordered for Rs.2750 crore out of Rs.3700 crore contract awared to BEL.
IAF had stated that it has a projected requirement for 23 MPR back in November 2002 for replacement of PSM-33, P-40 and TRS-2215 radars. IAF had been given the green light to import 15 MPR in April 2006.
13 BMP? Who comes up these stupid numbers?

STORE

i think it's BMP chassey mounted NAG launcher thing, aka NAMICA or NAMIS or whatever they calling it nowadays
How does BMP manufacturing work? Do they have to produce a certain number of it every year or do they only manufacture them when the gov gives them an order fr it?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
How does BMP manufacturing work? Do they have to produce a certain number of it every year or do they only manufacture them when the gov gives them an order fr it?
I don't know exactly, but we are using T-72, BMP and even Arjun Chassies for many engineering and support vehicles or as carrier of other weaponry,
like NAMICA//NAMIS use BMP-2 chassey,
then there is a 'Tracked Mortar' = BMP-2 chassey housing a 86mm mortar
then 'Armoured Ambulance' = BMP-2 based tracked medic-ambulance vehicle
then T-72 and Arjun chassies based mine-clearing vehicles
then T-72 and Arjun based remote bridge laying vehicle
and what not,

so even if we don't order those mainstream Battletanks and IFV from Avadi Factory we still order their chassies to be build for these said purpose build vehicles

Chinmoy

Country flag
IA having extra ordinary capability for finding reasons or issues or defects in a product in order to delay or sabotage manufacturing/production of that particular item/system. Its complex puzzle, hence I'm not sure about ATAGS.
And what if I proof that the recent RFI was tailor made for ATAGS?

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Correction on my earlier post, its likely that the number of MPR acquired under this contract is greater than 8.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles