DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Since how many decades we have been hearing about rustom, oh sorry archer oh sorry archer 2 .
LUD and lass , lots of names , they now have drone which launhces drones. And people say, why we are behind them.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Since how many decades we have been hearing about rustom, oh sorry archer oh sorry archer 2 .
LUD and lass , lots of names , they now have drone which launhces drones. And people say, why we are behind them.
You know what, you shouldn't speak if don't have any idea.

We had made these Kamikaze drones and loitering munitions way before China had any idea about these
Screenshot_2023-03-18-01-37-33-42_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You know what, you shouldn't speak if don't have any idea.

We had made these Kamikaze drones and loitering munitions way before China had any idea about these
Any leave old things, we had better airforce in 62 better and stronger navy in 80s .
What about now? Although this setup dosnet look quite difficult.
I guess the herons can be made to do this also Or those mq9 reapers.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Any leave old things, we had better airforce in 62 better and stronger navy in 80s .
What about now? Although this setup dosnet look quite difficult.
I guess the herons can be made to do this also Or those mq9 reapers.
Doubt about stronger navy. After a very long time we have two decent ACs together in service.

ACs make more difference than you might think.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Doubt about stronger navy. After a very long time we have two decent ACs together in service.

ACs make more difference than you might think.
I know what difference they make with a proper fleet defence and a complete airwing made of good fighter planes.
Japan lacked all these, lost soryu hiryu akagi kaga in 10 minutes during midway

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I know what difference they make with a proper fleet defence and a complete airwing made of good fighter planes.
Japan lacked all these, lost soryu hiryu akagi kaga in 10 minutes during midway
You know what? Japan had all that, perhaps better than most navies of the time. Zero was one of the best naval fighters in the hands of a good pilot.

What led to the massacre at midway? The japs didnt have radar, wiped out the torpedo bombers that they saw but completely missed the incoming dive bombers.

Same advantage USN enjoys over others, by having stealth planes on ships. But our adversaries dont so I would say that we are relatively quite strong.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You know what? Japan had all that, perhaps better than most navies of the time. Zero was one of the best naval fighters in the hands of a good pilot.

What led to the massacre at midway? The japs didnt have radar, wiped out the torpedo bombers that they saw but completely missed the incoming dive bombers.

Same advantage USN enjoys over others, by having stealth planes on ships. But our adversaries dont so I would say that we are relatively quite strong.
Watched lots of kings and genrals Or ww2 series by indyneidill.
They said this I forgot my bad

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Did you get reports that the wings broke during testing??
No; but haven't we long past the era of trial-and-error model of doing an experiment?

I mean I thought things like aero-elasticity, aspect ratio, wing area, aerodynamic efficiency were important...but ya, as you said the wings didn't break during testing so why care.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
No; but haven't we long past the era of trial-and-error model of doing an experiment?

I mean I thought things like aero-elasticity, aspect ratio, wing area, aerodynamic efficiency were important...but ya, as you said the wings didn't break during testing so why care.
The scientists at DRDO definitely know more than you and me, let them take care of the bomb's aerodynamics and structural rigidity.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
The scientists at DRDO definitely know more than you and me, let them take care of the bomb's aerodynamics and structural rigidity.
Just imagine what would had happened if people like AM Shirish Baban Deo and Lt. Col. Prasad Bansod also had this same mindset as yours...
🙂
Eh, just give actual answer instea of taunting na.

Reason for wanting wings to be stiffer: the flatter the wing, the more useful lift is generated, i.e. longer range.

If you dont want to make wing thicker/heavier, easy solution is to have wings tilted downwards when stationary. Thus in flight, when pushed up, will be flat.

Tuco

Country flag

Wouldn't a gimballed warhead and seeker produce a same/similar effect?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles