DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Gyyan

Country flag
Downsizing them to 150 will be good
Super sukhoi program will upgrade 150 only
I am talking about what happens 2040 afterwards.
There are no plans of su30 mki replacement.
We can't have fgfa in such large numbers and we don't have a 4th gen option that suits the role of su30s

Lonewarrior

Country flag
We are going to have the same problem with Su30s we have with Mig21s (unless we are doing away with heavy fighters). This is not going to end any time soon.
Big boost for Aatmanirbhar Bharat

5th of March, 2049

Last Monday HAL transferred the technology for making mid-section bulkhead of Su-30 to Laxmi Metal Industries. As of now we had imported this part from Russia. But with this ToT it'll be manufactured in-house. This is being considered as one of the biggest step in self reliance. Both defence minister Shri Rajnath Singh and PM Yogi Adityanath has hailed this decision.

Anandhu Krishna

Big boost for Aatmanirbhar Bharat

5th of March, 2049

Last Monday HAL transferred the technology for making mid-section bulkhead of Su-30 to Laxmi Metal Industries. As of now we had imported this part from Russia. But with this ToT it'll be manufactured in-house. This is being considered as one of the biggest step in self reliance. Both defence minister Shri Rajnath Singh and PM Yogi Adityanath has hailed this decision.
How is this going to be useful in 2040!? We will only have 150 then and they will be past their prime.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Due to Russia-Ukraine war and pandemic, so basically admitting that videshi maal khareedne ko nhi mila, kuch indigenous weapons hi order kar dete, maybe like basic sights for Sigs and Negevs? How about additional Pinaka regiments or even just stockpiling of additional artillery ammo?

I am telling you, if tomorrow a conflict happens, be ready for accusations to fly here and there, I am quite sure we will be sustaining quite a significant losses even if we fight against pakis, most of our guys still don't have bpjs and proper helmets, night fighting is non existent and our arty is at all times low thanks to Bofors scandal and subsequent decades of neglect, we will always be on technologically backward side then if this continues.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Due to Russia-Ukraine war and pandemic, so basically admitting that videshi maal khareedne ko nhi mila, kuch indigenous weapons hi order kar dete, maybe like basic sights for Sigs and Negevs? How about additional Pinaka regiments or even just stockpiling of additional artillery ammo?

I am telling you, if tomorrow a conflict happens, be ready for accusations to fly here and there, I am quite sure we will be sustaining quite a significant losses even if we fight against pakis, most of our guys still don't have bpjs and proper helmets, night fighting is non existent and our arty is at all times low thanks to Bofors scandal and subsequent decades of neglect, we will always be on technologically backward side then if this continues.
The have shortage of artillery helis bpj helmets sams all sorts of ammunition and list goes on and on
Atleast modernization of t-90/72 or bmp-2 or old gen goods

Lonewarrior

Country flag
The have shortage of artillery helis bpj helmets sams all sorts of ammunition and list goes on and on
Atleast modernization of t-90/72 or bmp-2 or old gen goods
That's basically what we know as of now.
God forbid if a war really happens then you'd actually find out what are our shortcomings on a ground level.

Before Ukraine conflict Russian thought their idea of lightly armoured IFV were epitome of fast assult on battlefield; fast forward few months and a cheap drone dropping 40mm grenade is enough to take it out.
Same was US's idea of using M777 to provide sustained fire support from well beyond enemy's counter battery fire range; fast forward few months and they suddenly realised that loitering munitions are the new counter battery fire. (12 taken out by Zala Lancet)

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
That's basically what we know as of now.
God forbid if a war really happens then you'd actually find out what are our shortcomings on a ground level.

Before Ukraine conflict Russian thought their idea of lightly armoured IFV were epitome of fast assult on battlefield; fast forward few months and a cheap drone dropping 40mm grenade is enough to take it out.
Same was US's idea of using M777 to provide sustained fire support from well beyond enemy's counter battery fire range; fast forward few months and they suddenly realised that loitering munitions are the new counter battery fire. (12 taken out by Zala Lancet)
Arre bhaiya matam hoga yha par, kisi ko koi jaldi nhi h. Even if a million dies, nobody cares here when even IA itself has some serious organizational problems in procuring department and modernising.

Imo warfare should be approached as a science and engineering problems where variables keep on changing rapidly and you have to keep producing solutions regarding the same. Today we are seeing loitering munitions, UAVs and power of dug-in troops after the fail of initial assault by opposing forces. Forget about info war, yha bar buddhe veterans ko Twitter kya mil gya, bol rhe h ki pakis ne indian troops ko initial days m torture nhi kiya tha, all this when VP Malik himself has to say that they were indeed tortured. And above all, the usual Indic bitc**s sucking those veterans words and going Gaga. We need a Putin here, someone has to hurt where it hurts and not munching words.

The nature of war is going to get even more complex and those who fail to adept will suffere massive looses. In war you loose troops but loosing bcoz you didnt properly outfit your army is outright unfair and criminal to the troops.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
1675713536158.png

:notsure:
after army getting SIG716I and AK-203 ; and muh MCIWS//AAR and them making various INSAS based weapons and all those recent ARDE 5.56mm Carbine and its different calibre-configuration derivatives shown off in recent DefExpo they still are developing certain new ;Assault Rifle; ... what now, another Kalashnikov derivative incoming, i guess ? 🤷‍♂️

if they are unable to figure out how to make an AR-15 based rifle, they can get blueprints from certain *ahem* gatalog...even HK MR556 is there

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
View attachment 192702
after army getting SIG716I and AK-203 ; and muh MCIWS//AAR and them making various INSAS based weapons and all those recent ARDE 5.56mm Carbine and its different calibre-configuration derivatives shown off in recent DefExpo they still are developing certain new ;Assault Rifle; ... what now, another Kalashnikov derivative incoming, i guess ? 🤷‍♂️
Well they just can't outright shutdown the small arms program? You still have to come up with better iterations to keep that line of products going to build up on previous projects like INSAS. Waste of money? Maybe but the thing is Indian private industry is still not good enough in designing and manufacturing field of small arms and the best worst part being IA itself is not very keen to even support them to create a good base.

A sane logical army would support even a new startup to come up with its prototype, fund it, ensure initial batch with guarantees for scaling up production and quality control. This will take time but still kuch better than waiting a frickin decade for new guns.

Let me share with you a gem which came out of this new small arms program that IA demanded, remember 3 calibres and then MCIWS came out. One of the super duper requirement was Air burst UBGL. Well drdo developed it, successfully tested the ABG airburst induction setting type fuze and the programmer for it, all able to be fitted on present UBGLs, can be modified for other UBGLs too. Guess what, it has been more than a decade of that reqmt and still We don't see anykind of order for that. A tech savy Army would have atleast required a offshoot of that airburst fuze to be integrated with AGS 17/30s for good effect on targets. There was a video of ARDE in which it was shown successfully demonstrated.

All western armies are now adopting airburst grenades for their AGLs more and more. I am quite sure IA will come up 5-10 yrs later with big fat RFI for make in India of these same systems, what a freakin clown show that would be?

Sometimes I think GOI should just create a department whose only goal is to find these self sabotaging efforts and make all these people who come up with these clown shows pay dearly. When you know that your decisions are made accountable and you will be held accountable for it, then perhaps they will be more serious.

But we guys are really something else, from 7.62nato to 5.56nato to a desire of swappable barrels coz some western guys tried to do that and then to combo of all 7.62nato rifles and lmg, 5.56nato carbines and 7.62Rus Aks. Are we really sane or this indian timeline goes crazy and crazy?😓

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
View attachment 192702

if they are unable to figure out how to make an AR-15 based rifle, they can get blueprints from certain *ahem* gatalog...even HK MR556 is there
No crying over spilt milk, bhais paani m Jaa chuki h aur doob bhi gyi h, upar se uski dead body bhi paani k upar ter rhi h.

Army has made up it's mind on AK, still what makes my mind go crazy is all that missing detail as to what happened about the all encompassing serious super duper trials we conducts for weapons. Did it went through summer, winter, ice, fire, black hole and alpha centaur trials. Why didn't we hear any of that thing ever?
Or are GtoG deals don't require no trials, just something something nothing.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
why are companies showing ATGMS in AeroIndia?
Firstly, because after Ukraine war they are the next hot thing in market.

On one side you've everything from tanks, IFVs, APCs, artillery, billion dollar ADS; and on the other you have a small fire team of 5-7 Chad SFs armed with ATGMs.

Second; for army everything is better than MPATGM, so why not give a try.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Did it went through summer, winter, ice, fire, black hole and alpha centaur trials. Why didn't we hear any of that thing ever?
Or are GtoG deals don't require
Yup, it did.

Our Babus did a very well coordinated and detailed रुसी फुद्दी trial. Only after they were satisfied with their findings in the trial they selected AK-203.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Yup, it did.

Our Babus did a very well coordinated and detailed रुसी फुद्दी trial. Only after they were satisfied with their findings in the trial they selected AK-203.
It's not bad tbh, had I been a babu I too would have done same kek,( Imagine cheating on your wife with russkie plant , our babu are effing idiots duh, leave rifles there are n number of risks involved and not the veneral diseases, but other stuff , which led to the suicide or death of that naval admiral I guess ) and Bhai ji Ak 203 aa rahi hai, koi ww1 ki Lee Enfield thodi khridi hai humne Jo Aap itna dukhi ho

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles