DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Country flag
Il-76 a fantasy? Please tell that to the IAF who is currently flying 24 of these. Because they are flying these, they have already integrated themselves to the infrastructure of the IL-76 include spares supply network, training, & logistics. So the acquisition of more IL-76s to fulfill the need of the IAF is vastly cheaper than going for A400M or Kawasaki C-2 unless you have a fantasy of making the IAF zoo bigger with more types of plane.

Get real.
As I expected u really lost reality with ground
Iaf is rarely using the large fleet of il-76 due to serviceability issues wrt spares and parts
Ask any sane member related to issues wrt il-76

Blademaster

IAF surely needs to get rid of all Russian junk
Ok please come up with the money and proceed to the nearest IAF and deposit all that money into its coffers so they can rid of the Russian junk that they have been reliably flying for the last 3 decades.

Remember we are talking about hundreds of billions of dollars necessary to replace these Russian "junk" with western gold plated junk.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Il-76 a fantasy? Please tell that to the IAF who is currently flying 24 of these. Because they are flying these, they have already integrated themselves to the infrastructure of the IL-76 include spares supply network, training, & logistics. So the acquisition of more IL-76s to fulfill the need of the IAF is vastly cheaper than going for A400M or Kawasaki C-2 unless you have a fantasy of making the IAF zoo bigger with more types of plane.

Get real.
Il-76 has poorest serviceability, its outdated a most importantly its just sitting in hanger
Basically it's non existent and waste of money
Just look how extensively c-17 is used that you with limited fleet

jai jaganath

Country flag
Ok please come up with the money and proceed to the nearest IAF and deposit all that money into its coffers so they can rid of the Russian junk that they have been reliably flying for the last 3 decades.

Remember we are talking about hundreds of billions of dollars necessary to replace these Russian "junk" with western gold plated junk.
Atleast spending will help us in maintaining capability which is lost by buying gajraj
Everyone blame mod and iaf for their blunder for not ordering c-17 when usa said it might close the line
U came from somewhere and praising il-76
First time in my life I am hearing good about gajraj by someone

Blademaster

As I expected u really lost reality with ground
Iaf is rarely using the large fleet of il-76 due to serviceability issues wrt spares and parts
Ask any sane member related to issues wrt il-76
Ha ha ha ha ha. Lost reality?? Really?? Before the program was due for refurbishment, the IL-76s had been reliably carrying out India's military cargo transportation needs. It was only when its mid life refurbishment time came it started suffering. Once you get that sorted out, it will be reliable again. And the C-17 program will face the same problem because Boeing shut its production line a while ago and the spare supply chain will become a problem in the next decade, subjecting the C-17s to the same issues that IL-76s were facing before.

If we can get local production of the most modern version of IL-76s along with the spare parts, the serviceability rate will become a non issue.

If you want to go for the C-2 or A400M be my guest. Just find the money to pay for this without handicapping the other acquisition projects that IAF has in the pipeline.

jai jaganath said:
Atleast spending will help us in maintaining capability which is lost by buying gajraj
Everyone blame mod and iaf for their blunder for not ordering c-17 when usa said it might close the line
U came from somewhere and praising il-76
First time in my life I am hearing good about gajraj by someone
I am not praising the IL-76s. I am just tired of IAF shopping around for different models instead of focusing on one model and getting economy of scale as to simplifying its logistic chain. Somebody has to read the riot act to IAF and MoD and stop being like a child in a candy store with different bunch of candy.

We need to be methodical with the constraints we have and the limited resources we have.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag

I already paid my taxes.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Ha ha ha ha ha. Lost reality?? Really?? Before the program was due for refurbishment, the IL-76s had been reliably carrying out India's military cargo transportation needs. It was only when its mid life refurbishment time came it started suffering. Once you get that sorted out, it will be reliable again. And the C-17 program will face the same problem because Boeing shut its production line a while ago and the spare supply chain will become a problem in the next decade, subjecting the C-17s to the same issues that IL-76s were facing before.

If we can get local production of the most modern version of IL-76s along with the spare parts, the serviceability rate will become a non issue.

If you want to go for the C-2 or A400M be my guest. Just find the money to pay for this without handicapping the other acquisition projects that IAF has in the pipeline.

I am not praising the IL-76s. I am just tired of IAF shopping around for different models instead of focusing on one model and getting economy of scale as to simplifying its logistic chain. Somebody has to read the riot act to IAF and MoD and stop being like a child in a candy store with different bunch of candy.

We need to be methodical with the constraints we have and the limited resources we have.
Pls look into iaf veterans remarks and even many journalists they have all complained regarding gajraj ill performance even before raising upgrade question
Just wait for next 10 years when they will retire non existent il-76 and iaf won't be able to do except cry and weep for mistakes done in case of c-17
That's iaf for u

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Il-76 has poorest serviceability, its outdated a most importantly its just sitting in hanger
Are you sure?
I regularly see IL76 in Chandigarh.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
If I remember correctly then the discussion that started here was quite straightforward; Should we slowly move from dependency on exports to indigenous like what Japan or South Korea is doing or we should cut all ties like Iran and then develope something new. That's it, that was the whole point.
But see where it's reached

For anyone wanting to do a Russia Vs America here, remember, there's war going on. The current rate of confirmed Russian losses to "American" is 3:1. Just wait a few more months, you'll get an even clearer picture

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Matlab kuch bhi, joh muh mai aaye bak diye.
If the IL-76 is outdated, so are aircrafts like the KC-135, C-5 Galaxy, etc.
IL-76MD does conduct regular flights, although not nearly as frequent as the C-17 given the are thrice as old as the C-17s.
Let the IAF decide if its a waste of money or not.

Blademaster

If I remember correctly then the discussion that started here was quite straightforward; Should we slowly move from dependency on exports to indigenous like what Japan or South Korea is doing or we should cut all ties like Iran and then develope something new. That's it, that was the whole point.
But see where it's reached

For anyone wanting to do a Russia Vs America here, remember, there's war going on. The current rate of confirmed Russian losses to "American" is 3:1. Just wait a few more months, you'll get an even clearer picture
Sorry I don't buy that line about Russian losses to American losses for the Ukraine conflict.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Sorry I don't buy that line about Russian losses to American losses for the Ukraine conflict.
As of now I was having a very casual banter with you mate but enough is enough.

That M982 doesn't care whether you buy or not, its going to bonk that million dollar Tor-M2DT no matter what.
And same goes for Lancet and M777; which I guess you very much buy

Blademaster

As of now I was having a very casual banter with you mate but enough is enough.

That M982 doesn't care whether you buy or not, its going to bonk that million dollar Tor-M2DT no matter what.
And same goes for Lancet and M777; which I guess you very much buy
Sorry if my disbelief in western propaganda has ruffled your feathers and you can't handle disagreement but I still stand by my statement. You are misstating the numbers where most of the losses occur from Ukrainian soviet era weapons.

jai jaganath

Country flag
IL-76MD does conduct regular flights, although not nearly as frequent as the C-17 given the are thrice as old as the C-17s.
Poor serviceability is a major concern
Along with no upgrade from Russia and after war this is impossible
C-17 is literally backbone of our heavy transport fleet
The kc-135 c-5 have been gi en necessary upgrades
Importantly transport aircraft should provide service more than fighter aircrafts with necessary upgrades
U can see the serviceability of it in the post above
In Google articles are written regarding the issues bcoz no upgrade and do u think we can do such an extensive upgrades such engine and mordern electronics that too at higher cost and especially after war

jai jaganath

Country flag

Regarding il-78 refuellers

U can say these reports are of 2017 so it's old blah blah
But no change has been observed atleast by any osints or news reporter wrt il-76
Only option upgrade but even that doesn't give surety as its and Russian upgrade

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles