DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blademaster

It should include turbofan engine or propeller engine option. IMHO propellers are best for carrying cargos under 30 tons while turbofans are best for carrying cargo over 35 tons. I do not know which engine type will perform better in the Himalayas where this plane would be most used. It does need short takeoff and landing on rough airstrips capability and I think propeller engines can deal with debris and rough conditions better than turbofan engines.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I only see plant, where's manufacturing
It's is oxygen manufacturing plant sir , it makes oxygen from sunlight , water and a chemical called as chlorophyll .
Very ingenious or jadeed technology we see in action here , we have indeed come a long way .

Last edited:

Sanglamorre

Country flag
It should include turbofan engine or propeller engine option. IMHO propellers are best for carrying cargos under 30 tons while turbofans are best for carrying cargo over 35 tons. I do not know which engine type will perform better in the Himalayas where this plane would be most used. It does need short takeoff and landing on rough airstrips capability and I think propeller engines can deal with debris and rough conditions better than turbofan engines.
Don't props have higher difficulty in thinner air during liftoff?

Blademaster

God knows which aircrafts will IAF choose, IMO it should be between C-130J or A-400M. Chances of C-390 are slim.
A-400M are too expensive to operate. C-130J is better and we already have the infrastructure for it.

Fatalis

Country flag
A-400M are too expensive to operate. C-130J is better and we already have the infrastructure for it.
I guess IAF is thinking of retiring the An-32 fleet with a mix of C-295s and this new MTA in the near future. We are having close to 105 An-32 and previously we planned on having ~45 MTA so the rest of numbers will be filled by C-295.

Though, I want C-390 to be selected as the MTA but yeah lets see what happens.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
PROJECTS OF DRDO

Posted On: 03 FEB 2023 2:12PM by PIB Delhi

The Government has worked out the Mission Mode (MM) projects of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). As on date, DRDO is working on 55 MM Projects for a total sanctioned cost of Rs 73,942.82 crore. These are in the area of Decoys, Nuclear Defence Technologies, Air Independent Propulsion (AIP), Combat Suite, Propulsion System, Air Droppable Container, Torpedo, Fighter Aircraft, Cruise Missile, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, AEW&C Aircraft System, Gas Turbine Engine, Assault Rifle, Warhead, Light Machine Gun, Rocket, Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS), Infantry Combat Vehicle Command, Ordnance Disposal System, Tactical Radios, EW Systems, Radars, Life Support System, Geographical Information System, Surface to Air Missile, Anti-ship Missile, anti-Airfield Weapon, Glide Bomb, Simulator etc.

This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Shri Komati Reddy Venkat Reddy and others in Lok Sabha today.

johnj

God knows which aircrafts will IAF choose, IMO it should be between C-130J or A-400M. Chances of C-390 are slim.
Only A400M & c2 meets 30t cargo requirements- both c130 & c390 can carry 20t cargo max.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles