DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
C'mon order 6+6 follow on Scorpenes with extended dimensions and Cruise Missile tubes. Gonna be a potent package with the AIP installed.
For follow on, the AIP system has to first undergo sea trials on Kalvari. After that we could see a follow on order with AIP and mid life upgrade of the existing Scorpenes with AIP simultaneously.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I don't see the reason why 70 TON trailer is such big innovation break through tht they r parading it around, I thought we already had that. Arjun mk-1A will only come out of production in 2024 since they needed 30 months for manufacturing 5 of them and they still need a heavier trailer since it's more than 70 ton. And bmp 2 turret on whap looks disgusting and a stupid camo as well.
Battle weight of Arjun Mk1 is 65 ton and Mk1A is 68 ton.

The 70 ton trailer and Sarvatra bridge has been ordered keeping Arjun in mind. The load bearing capacity of PMS was 60 ton which could support only the battle load of T-90 at 58 ton.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Then how they did this?
View attachment 190976
Exported from Checz (if I remember correctly)

The trailer along with tank weighed around 110 ton. BEML tried to get a license for its manufacturing. But it got stuck up somewhere in Ministry of Industry and commerce. In similar fashion a train wagon was sought for this purpose back in 2011. The new BWTB wagon IR came up has a payload capacity of 56 ton with 65kmph speed limit.

This is good for T-90, but not good enough for Arjun.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Battle weight of Arjun Mk1 is 65 ton and Mk1A is 68 ton.

The 70 ton trailer and Sarvatra bridge has been ordered keeping Arjun in mind. The load bearing capacity of PMS was 60 ton which could support only the battle load of T-90 at 58 ton.
So do u think further order will be given for arjun mk1a

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
As far as I know, yes. It's a very risky business. Since Human qualification is involved, I think it is better to opt it from a country where they are very strict and thorough in certification procedures.
So some firm will have to do jv with indian one

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Saala whats the point of carrying whap on the truck where it can go by its own...they also shown arjun mark 1 tank..chal kya raha hai in the name of indigenenous weapons ke naame pe..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
DRDO showcases in-development systems. WhAP is not being showcased here as WhAP is already in service. WhAP is being used as a dead weight to showcase the 70 ton trailer in-development at DRDO.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles