DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

STORE

Don't give IAF ideas. They will put the Tejas mk1 on a trailer and roll down Rajpath as single engine fighters are not allowed due to bird strike issue. Then our dalal media will write "look Tejas can't fly"
Don't give IN ideas they will put INS Nilgiri on 8000 ton trailer and roll it down the karthaya path in next republic day parade.:scared2:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Don't give IN ideas they will put INS Nilgiri on 8000 ton trailer and roll it down the karthaya path in next republic day parade.:scared2:
And u know what drdo will make it successfully as they have habit of fulfilling unreasonable demands from armed forces

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Don't give IAF ideas. They will put the Tejas mk1 on a trailer and roll down Rajpath as single engine fighters are not allowed due to bird strike issue. Then our dalal media will write "look Tejas can't fly"
:bplease:
this was 2010, 61th Republic Day Parade
1674574041990.png

1674574140797.png

This was 2014, 65th Republic Day Parade
1674574262198.png

1674574274364.png

factfigures

Country flag
I don't understand why do they even need to do this ;trials; and things
> Asmi is pretty much in trials since its inception
> MP-9 and Uzi pro are into fucking service since quite long goddamn it kitna trials karenge iska?!
> CMP-9 from CaraCal, it's pretty much straight blowback AR styled SMG, taking its own custom magazine and so, if they want a conventional config SMG over those semi-bullpup Uzi chhaps Asmi, MP-9, Uzi Pro etc then they can very well get Asmi modified into conventional config by giving it a new lower receiver that adopts to that kind of configuration, in short there IS a scope for such side development if they want it that way

so why don't they just short-circuit this trials drama and select the goddamn whatever is working best so far for them 😒
It is reported that there are seven vendors who have responded to the RFP.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
At first trials to understand and learn the opportunities/scenarios to use the tech in. Then if satisfied and they see its viable option bigger order may come in. Will be a rather slow process.
Only foreign firms make it I suppose?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
At first trials to understand and learn the opportunities/scenarios to use the tech in. Then if satisfied and they see its viable option bigger order may come in. Will be a rather slow process.
I always see army try to show that it keeps pace with changing times and forefront on adopting tech but nothing happens.
On the other hand chinis seem to adopt everything new atleast in experimental or small quantities.
I would say first let our jawan have some telescopic or reflex sights then we can consider that IA is serious on its commitments. It would be a huge let down if they don't supply some kind of telescopic sight for AK203i.

Tridev123

Country flag
No bro
U can't just add modules and make large one
Already adding aip module will not be easy but I think things were earlier decided and it would have been made
But adding more stress and weakening the structure is foolishness
Adding vls module will lead to add more other subsystems hence complicating the design
These idrw guys have no credibility and this entire setup is their imagination
One fundamental fact that seems to have been ignored is that the Kalvari class sub(Scorpene) was originally designed by Naval Group and the IPR belongs to them. Neither MDL/DRDO/Naval Design Bureau(DND) can freely redesign the submarine without the consent of Naval Group.

Now additional orders for the Scorpene seems fully justified (I personally feel that another 6 nos should be built) since the P75i programme is in deep limbo.

Now should the additional Scorpene subs be a carbon copy of the original 6 built by MDL or should they have enhanced capability. I think most people would support an better version of the original Scorpene.

The immediate capability additions that make sense point to an AIP capability and an VLS. Now why an VLS. Does it have any advantages over the conventional torpedo tubes arrangement. Yes, it definitely has some advantages over the torpedo tube for firing cruise missiles. If South Korea can manage to design and build VLS equipped submarines so can India. With some help from the French.

The good news is that our indigenous phosphoric acid AIP system is ready for installation on our submarines.

The existence of Indian nuclear submarines with ballistic missile firing capability does not preclude the utility of Indian conventional submarines having the capability to fire cruise missiles especially LACM's.

Do we really need to use nuclear submarines for attacking Karachi port in Pakistan with cruise missiles. Or even Gwadar port there. Isn't it an overkill. Can't an Indian conventional submarine with AIP & VLS and Brahmos/ITCM do the job.

India will find it difficult to build an augmented, larger Scorpene without help from the OEM. So I believe an Super Scorpene (or whatever name is given to it) with appx 3000 tonnes displacement may just be possible. I believe it is not beyond the capability of Naval Group to achieve it.If the potential orders are large enough to justify the extra expense and time needed.

But any design of the Super Scorpene should involve Indian experts from the Directorate of Naval Design and the DRDO. They will collaborate with the Naval Group engineers to arrive at an optimum design. This experience will prove very useful to us later on. For realising our fully indigenous SSK design.

Tuco

Country flag
I always see army try to show that it keeps pace with changing times and forefront on adopting tech but nothing happens.
On the other hand chinis seem to adopt everything new atleast in experimental or small quantities.
I would say first let our jawan have some telescopic or reflex sights then we can consider that IA is serious on its commitments. It would be a huge let down if they don't supply some kind of telescopic sight for AK203i.
It just baffles me that there is never any urgency, feels like cheens at our door step is just in our minds and the strategists think it just a bluff. So scopes, sights, winter clothing and boots or any basic stuffs that matters is only bought with emergency funds, like shaadi ki shopping. Wait for the next skirmish for a shopping spree.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Idk about that sir I just told you what I read Wikipedia and this report both says we have it I get Wikipedia is unreliable but a senior official telling lies? Maybe maybe not we will just bury the issue until something more comes out in open
I'd not say MoD is lying here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles