DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Could be possible that trials may be needed. I have a friend whose products are listed in GEMs. He said once your product is in GEMs most of the trials are done for putting a tick in the paper. He said that the said products were thoroughly tested in other tenders before he was part of GEMs. After the same products were listed in GEMs there were not tested as much . As far as L1 is concerned, it was shared among contenders :megusta::megusta:, which will likely happen in military too. No MOD babus will give a massive contract to one player, they will loose their leverage.
GEM is simple e-market place. As I mentioned, you have to self certify your product. For example, I could go on and upload my product in GeM under a particular category and when user would search for it, it would show up unless and untill user gives his/her specific input.

GEM.jpg

As you could see that I search for backpack and over here DRDO product did showed up. Armasen has yet to show up. May be they have uploaded in different category. But never the less, uploading here doesn't mean it was certified by user. But it means you are self certifying your product and this is subject to rejection at later stage based on user review in GeM.

GeM is been put forward to remove the missle man or in this case Babus. So being L1 in GeM depends solely on price basis. We are registered in GeM and we have to fight for 100 rs difference to be L1 for any prospective order. So its not a shared concept by MoD Babus as believed.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Usual RR, we did order some 50000+ body armours a while ago and many more I don't remember. This emergency buy power from government really did spoiled the IA, now everything is emergency buy like how bad are your procurement process that you need everything in emergency buys.
I think gone are the days of equipment standardisation and we should be seeing more of each unit for its own zoo of emergency buys.
Maybe the lord Krishna would descend himself and maybe provide some gyan to our procurement guys.
This RR is from media instead of user or government. They have to twist every facts in a way to get online hits.

This is the real news.

The Ministry of Defence has issued two separate tenders for these jackets under Make in India including one for 47,627 jackets under the normal route and the other one for 15,000 jackets under emergency procurement procedures which would be finalised in the next three to four months, Indian Army officials told ANI.
https://www.aninews.in/news/nationa...inst-lethal-steel-core-bullets20221120143934/

Chinmoy

Country flag
I don't think these guys entertain small orders I checked a few of them and they all seem to be issuing brochure. They usually do thos when they take mass orders or their unit product is very highly priced.
Yes, because in India drone flying itself is a costly idea. You need to have a license for that. So these drones, although commercially available is costly then cheap Chinese counterparts.

jai jaganath

Country flag
I don't think these guys entertain small orders I checked a few of them and they all seem to be issuing brochure. They usually do thos when they take mass orders or their unit product is very highly priced.
U won't get any domestic counterpart
Forget domestic even foreign origin drones is not possible
If u have any friend or relative going to middle east or any other place or even South America then asked them to buy it
It might be cheaper also

Chinmoy

Country flag
For real I know a few people who have drone but I don't think they gave any license.
Is it for all kind of drones?
Yes. Even for wedding photography, you need license.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=21919d28-8dec-421c-a722-a4259be77991#:~:text=Yes.,to pass a written exam.

Recently a post was opened for drone operator in one of the government sector. Age limit sought was 45 years along with license and certificate. Salary offered was 65k/month. And his job was to fly drone to do agregarian mapping that too on contractual basis.

So you could just imagine the cost involve.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
U won't get any domestic counterpart
Forget domestic even foreign origin drones is not possible
If u have any friend or relative going to middle east or any other place or even South America then asked them to buy it
It might be cheaper also
It requires license and mandatory training to operate drones now.
Fuck that they should have at least let is do it freely in non restricted areas.
Do other countries have such laws.
I wanted to record a few footage of my state.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Fuck that they should have at least let is do it freely in non restricted areas.
No idea regarding licensing
I know one person who frequently uses it and definitely doesn't have any license
Might be law isn't that strict

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes. Nearly every nation do have them. In US, FAA regulates it.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
No idea regarding licensing
I know one person who frequently uses it and definitely doesn't have any license
Might be law isn't that strict
If it was just licensing than it would not have been a problem but they are asking to attend mandatory course.

Varoon2

Country flag

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles