DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Babus slipping up?
So Armasen et al cannot compete ? Surest way to kill budding defence companies. The buck stops with Kadi ninda and NaMo for not putting an end to this chandigarh lobby and Top corrupt brass nexus.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
So Armasen et al cannot compete ? Surest way to kill budding defence companies. The buck stops with Kadi ninda and NaMo for not putting an end to this chandigarh lobby and Top corrupt brass nexus.
Armasen don't make bpjs as far as I remember only pcs

binayak95

Country flag
While I don't dispute the statement per se
'plus the vast majority of commercial quad copters use plastic propellers which is like hitting the eagles talons with thin reeds. They don't even cut human skin'

Proof of validity would be appreciated. Are there videos of people actually putting their fingers or hands in between rapidly rotating plastic propellers of drones and not suffering even an abrasion.

If the concerned developers of this strategy are so confident then doubtless they would have conducted ground and aerial trials of these eagles /hawks actually grabbing these drones easily and not suffering even a scratch. Can you share any such videos to buttress your assertion.

Using large birds of prey like raptors or eagles to deter common birds like pigeons at airports is an practice prevalent since a long time. But to equate it to a eagle grabbing an man made drone in mid air is really not an realistic comparison.

(As an joke) All that an adversary needs to do to defeat the drone snatching eagle is to make the propellers of quad copters from hard metal with sharpened edges. No soft, soft plastic propellers.

I am not trying to discourage the people who thought of using predator birds to neutralise small drones. But only pointing out the constraints and limitations of the strategy. If they have actually made the strategy feasible, request them to share the trials success video feed.
areh bhai ek video uske baad paste kkiya hai. Eagle knocking out a DJI Mavic

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
While I don't dispute the statement per se
'plus the vast majority of commercial quad copters use plastic propellers which is like hitting the eagles talons with thin reeds. They don't even cut human skin'

Proof of validity would be appreciated. Are there videos of people actually putting their fingers or hands in between rapidly rotating plastic propellers of drones and not suffering even an abrasion.

If the concerned developers of this strategy are so confident then doubtless they would have conducted ground and aerial trials of these eagles /hawks actually grabbing these drones easily and not suffering even a scratch. Can you share any such videos to buttress your assertion.

Using large birds of prey like raptors or eagles to deter common birds like pigeons at airports is an practice prevalent since a long time. But to equate it to a eagle grabbing an man made drone in mid air is really not an realistic comparison.

(As an joke) All that an adversary needs to do to defeat the drone snatching eagle is to make the propellers of quad copters from hard metal with sharpened edges. No soft, soft plastic propellers.

I am not trying to discourage the people who thought of using predator birds to neutralise small drones. But only pointing out the constraints and limitations of the strategy. If they have actually made the strategy feasible, request them to share the trials success video feed.
I can say that getting hit by drone blades doesnt injure at all

Source - I got hit by drone blades lot more than once

Thing is, drone motors are very high speed motors - But when you do that, you sacrifice on torque. After the initial momentum of propeller is gone, it has very little force to push with. Not cutting anything unless you tape razor blades to propellors or something.

Tridev123

Country flag
I can say that getting hit by drone blades doesnt injure at all

Source - I got hit by drone blades lot more than once

Thing is, drone motors are very high speed motors - But when you do that, you sacrifice on torque. After the initial momentum of propeller is gone, it has very little force to push with. Not cutting anything unless you tape razor blades to propellors or something.
Appreciate the answer.
Since you have personal experience, believable.
I guess the main expense associated with the strategy is the cost of chicken pieces fed to the Hawk. A low cost option.

But I believe the birds can be temperamental and may not always obey the commands of the controller.

Also as you yourself mentioned simply taping sharp razor blades will be an effective counter.

Why can't the Hawks with the camera be used for ground surveillance, like visuals of reverse slopes of mountains and hills to spot enemy positions. If at all they can be trained to do such manoeuvres.

Gyyan

Country flag
Appreciate the answer.
Since you have personal experience, believable.
I guess the main expense associated with the strategy is the cost of chicken pieces fed to the Hawk. A low cost option.

But I believe the birds can be temperamental and may not always obey the commands of the controller.

Also as you yourself mentioned simply taping sharp razor blades will be an effective counter.

Why can't the Hawks with the camera be used for ground surveillance, like visuals of reverse slopes of mountains and hills to spot enemy positions. If at all they can be trained to do such manoeuvres.
I had my fingers cut a few times with the plastic blade of dji mini though cut was very shallow and there wasnt much blood just a few drops.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles