DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

Vamsi

Country flag
HVT sir, recently said that HF-24 still has potential

The Shrike

Country flag

makes sense since its an emergency requirement. someone already been making it since past 2 years can give bid.

Only organisations that have an industrial licence and have been registered as producers for the preceding two years may submit a bid to supply the jackets, according to the requirements outlined in a request for proposals that the Army issued last month.

looks like LAC is heating up instead of cooling down

Under the emergency financial authority granted to it by the federal government, the Indian Army is seeking to purchase more than 15,000 bulletproof jackets for its soldiers in order to satisfy the urgent needs resulting from the crisis on the northern frontiers.
I was under the impression that the Army had already contracted for 10's of thousands of the "bullet proof" jackets of the type they shown in their "F-Insas" program 🤔.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I was under the impression that the Army had already contracted for 10's of thousands of the "bullet proof" jackets of the type they shown in their "F-Insas" program 🤔.
Usual RR, we did order some 50000+ body armours a while ago and many more I don't remember. This emergency buy power from government really did spoiled the IA, now everything is emergency buy like how bad are your procurement process that you need everything in emergency buys.
I think gone are the days of equipment standardisation and we should be seeing more of each unit for its own zoo of emergency buys.
Maybe the lord Krishna would descend himself and maybe provide some gyan to our procurement guys.

FireStar

Country flag
Who told you that?

In GEM OEM has to self certify their product first. Based on that they would get order which is subjected to further trials by users. In GEM too user could go for tender or L1 provision before ordering.

The best part of GEM is, without issuance of RFI, user could look out for their specification and order accordingly. It only abolished the RFI and RFP part of procurement. Everything else remains same.
Could be possible that trials may be needed. I have a friend whose products are listed in GEMs. He said once your product is in GEMs most of the trials are done for putting a tick in the paper. He said that the said products were thoroughly tested in other tenders before he was part of GEMs. After the same products were listed in GEMs there were not tested as much . As far as L1 is concerned, it was shared among contenders :megusta::megusta:, which will likely happen in military too. No MOD babus will give a massive contract to one player, they will loose their leverage.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles