DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
training and maintaining the birds will be more difficult and expensive than a soft/hard kill solution no? Even the hard kill solutions like killer drones can be made in thousands and that too very quickly. This is not possible with birds. They require training and growth time, not a viable solution in or out of war. Soft kill solutions are obviously scalable.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Does this happen for all products ? Is nt it wastage of time if what you are saying is true . Or there is some logic .
Yeah, this was the long taken approach in which each agency/user would do trials individually themselves that too in a linear fashion with no concurrent testing for different taking place simultaneously, indigenous products are also taken up to meet very strict requirements with little to no room for concession. There's a reason testing in India takes so goddamn too much and the reason why I fume when foreign maal passes trials with so much ease.
So, previously drdo would do internal trials, then IA would do trials of the prototype and if it passes the parameters than IA would do trials again of the production stage product made by some psu or cos to see if that stands up to same parameters. Would like to be corrected but that is more or less how it goes.

I am not sure about current state of affairs but there were some provisions made by MoD such as concurrent trials and combined user cum developing/integrator agency trials.

I believe this approach was taken with Helina and Nag and that's why it has been in trials for like decades as no concession is given to requirements I guess and we'll requirements are also changed in the middle of programme.

no smoking

Country flag
Yeah, this was the long taken approach in which each agency/user would do trials individually themselves that too in a linear fashion with no concurrent testing for different taking place simultaneously
That is not true. For a big project like Jet development, each supplier has its own contact within the project development team, for example, the vendor of radar will deal with the chief engineer of electronic system, the material suppliers will report to the head of body structure sector. Whoever is ready, the leader of the corresponding area will host the trial and conclude the result. So there is no way that the test of different subsystems can be done linearly.
The internal trials of agencies is their own problem, running with their own schedule.

indigenous products are also taken up to meet very strict requirements with little to no room for concession. There's a reason testing in India takes so goddamn too much and the reason why I fume when foreign maal passes trials with so much ease.
There is no evidence suggesting that India is requiring more tests on similar products than foreign countries do.
The only reason is that Indian scientists have less experience than their foreign counterpart after all a lot of weapon projects are first time for India. Less experience means more mistakes, certainly you have to repeat some tests to prove that mistakes are fixed.

So, previously drdo would do internal trials, then IA would do trials of the prototype and if it passes the parameters than IA would do trials again of the production stage product made by some psu or cos to see if that stands up to same parameters. Would like to be corrected but that is more or less how it goes.
It is a standard procedure of new product development in EVERY country.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I am not sure about current state of affairs but there were some provisions made by MoD such as concurrent trials and combined user cum developing/integrator agency trials.
If production partner is part of the development trials, then the PSQR itself should be considered as GSQR. This is the reason why DRDO now releases RFI for production partners even before testing is done.
In case of MGS, BEML and BF are the production partners.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Once you are in GEMS you don't have to do any trials, the said product have already cleared trials. which means if MOD or home ministry want any plate carrier asap, they will order it. No more tenders etc. Being in GEMS means the OEM/Manufacturer is in trusted list of procurement.
Thank you that's awesome wish to see them with all of our sfs

The Shrike

Country flag
training and maintaining the birds will be more difficult and expensive than a soft/hard kill solution no? Even the hard kill solutions like killer drones can be made in thousands and that too very quickly. This is not possible with birds. They require training and growth time, not a viable solution in or out of war. Soft kill solutions are obviously scalable.
You will have to detect the enemy UAV in the first place, which this bird thing will fail. IMO this is only good for circus.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
You will have to detect the enemy UAV in the first place, which this bird thing will fail. IMO this is only good for circus.
Why? Hawks have good eyesight, if they have been trained to take out drones they will do just fine I think. I dont think FPV camera is used to detect drone, I think thats just for human on ground to see what is happening to hawk and what its doing, if it takes down something where to collect it etc.

They wont take down big hexacopters or anything, but small quadcopters should be doable.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Fortification bags from Varman. Also modular steel cage sentry posts.

This is one low hanging fruit which should be inducted ASAp, but seeing that it's the BSF and not army doing the trials, once again shows how out of touch the IA is with local industry, solutions and upgrade of their attitude. Even if they do show interest it will be to trial it endlessly and then order some absurdly low quantity, then say in press conference that they are using WW2 sandbags and proceed to import even that ! By now their game and corruption and involvement of chandigarh lobby is as clear as daylight to everyone, yet the govt is not cracking down on them. Why ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Quieter Nov/December this year compared to 2020 and 21 where lots of new systems were tested.

Hopefully it doesnt get postponed again
it would be fun to watch if DRDO is trolling the chini. raise the NOTAM with enough time for that ship to come, chini ship comes, test cancelled, ship leaves empty handed. rinse and repeat till the chini get tired of being fooled.:hehe:

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Even if they do show interest it will be to trial it endlessly and then order some absurdly low quantity, then say in press conference that they are using WW2 sandbags and proceed to import even that !
LMAO what? Lol, No way. Not possible. I won't believe it until you post a source. WTF. What even? Fucking sandbags? LOLOLOL. Impossible. It can't be that bad. Never. We aren't that dumb. are we?

jai jaganath

Country flag
it would be fun to watch if DRDO is trolling the chini. raise the NOTAM with enough time for that ship to come, chini ship comes, test cancelled, ship leaves empty handed. rinse and repeat till the chini get tired of being fooled.:hehe:
This problem can be solved if they deploy a ship of same class in IOR permanently or atleast most of the year
As they have production capability
They can be resupplied with food and fuel in some of their overseas base eg Djibouti
We should think that if this becomes the attitude how can we test our missiles which will lead to delay in program
I mean that's the Chinese focus continously disrupt our testing and delay the program
How are we gonna tackle it we can't keep canceling our tests

Ladaku vimaan

Country flag
This problem can be solved if they deploy a ship of same class in IOR permanently or atleast most of the year
As they have production capability
They can be resupplied with food and fuel in some of their overseas base eg Djibouti
We should think that if this becomes the attitude how can we test our missiles which will lead to delay in program
I mean that's the Chinese focus continously disrupt our testing and delay the program
How are we gonna tackle it we can't keep canceling our tests
i hope we build a ship of similar class and deploy it in south china sea
how does our ins dhruv compare to yuang wangs ?

shiphone

Country flag
LOL....no fuss and don't waste your money on sending a so called missile tracking ship near China coz normally the missile tests happen within the inland.

-------------------
and these can do better job.....

USA's PAVE PAWS
80372468.jpg
80372536.jpg

and AN/TPY-2 in SK

t0146a7bd073c90e800.jpg
thaaddemo.jpg

jai jaganath

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence