DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
These should be made available to general public. Kids love maggi derivatives and this will inturn help DRDO fund few poorly sanctioned mothballing projects XD.
C'mon let's come out of this pre-economic liberalisation mindset. private sector is there to do these sort of things, they have their own highly paid scientists and analysts to come up with these products. this at best can be a novelty food item in civilian market, but not a serious product.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
C'mon let's come out of this pre-economic liberalisation mindset. private sector is there to do these sort of things, they have their own highly paid scientists and analysts to come up with these products. this at best can be a novelty food item in civilian market, but not a serious product.
In a way they are already in civilian market I think talked to someone who's dad was in this field as far as I know drdo did help private companies with ready to eat meals and mtr and all use the same formula if its true then well we have not exactly the same but there varients in civilian market through private companies don't know which ones make meal ready to eat just remember mtr does and maybe haldiram

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
These should be made available to general public. Kids love maggi derivatives and this will inturn help DRDO fund few poorly sanctioned mothballing projects XD.
MREs are not really made to be delicious, but rugged, long-lasting, and nutritious. In fact, most MREs taste rather horrible, and "being edible" is a complement to them.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
MREs are not really made to be delicious, but rugged, long-lasting, and nutritious. In fact, most MREs taste rather horrible, and "being edible" is a complement to them.
Spot on. Was about to post this.

In MREs, priority one is calories and electrolytes. Priority two is longevity of food. Taste is not a major point of concern, as long as it tastes somewhat like normal food its good to go. However, the ready to eat foods in civilian market need to match the taste of actual food to a close degree for people to buy it.

MREs are meant to be used out in the field, when fresh meals are unavailable, not as a standard food supply.

Also, just to note - I havent seen proper Indian MREs, seems like Indian army doesnt issue them as standard. From what I understand, food in the Indian army is cooked fresh, and MREs are kept for places like siachen. What these DRDO packets are is single meals, MREs of most other countries tend to be 24 hour rations.

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag

In MREs, priority one is calories and electrolytes. Priority two is longevity of food. Taste is not a major point of concern, as long as it tastes somewhat like normal food its good to go. However, the ready to eat foods in civilian market need to match the taste of actual food to a close degree for people to buy it.

MREs are meant to be used out in the field, when fresh meals are unavailable, not as a standard food supply.

Also, just to note - I havent seen proper Indian MREs, seems like Indian army doesnt issue them as standard. From what I understand, food in the Indian army is cooked fresh, and MREs are kept for places like siachen. What these DRDO packets are is single meals, MREs of most other countries tend to be 24 hour rations.
No, not spot on, at all!!

Whitecollar

Country flag

Bhaiya mere jab itni mehnat kr k Noodle MRE bana hi liye ho to 2rs ka various flavor masala packet include krne me kya problem??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles