DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Famous OFB ammunition again ? Another widowmaker emerging !
Or maybe barrel making, I should not say this but still I say this
But don't went import barrel from roos itself, because ofb was not given tech and metallurgy knowhow to make it

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Or maybe barrel making, I should not say this but still I say this
But don't went import barrel from roos itself, because ofb was not given tech and metallurgy knowhow to make it
DRDO designed an indigenous barrel as a result and gave ToT to Field Gun Factory, Kanpur.
1665131539659.jpeg

Though some have questioned the numbers mentioned in this picture, I don’t really know too much about it.

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
DRDO designed an indigenous barrel as a result and gave ToT to Field Gun Factory, Kanpur.
View attachment 174782
Though some have questioned the numbers mentioned in this picture, I don’t really know too much about it.
Oh this picture. I remember I once wasted a whole week finding about the strength of the barrel .
A certain type of ammo in 125mm looks so beautiful. Tbh
Nobody knows anything. And yes numbers are doubtful because if they are true. These barrels are better than Russian latest once

Fatalis

Country flag
How many of these have we ordered.

Last I heard it was only a small batch of 24 or such.
Probably 27.

The interesting part is, we still don't what these are actually called within IA.

Here, it says Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle but during the induction event someone mentioned it as Mine Protected Vehicle.

I find Kalyani M4 and Tata QRFV are inducted for same roles hardly any difference. If anyone can figure out some differences please let me know.

Fatalis

Country flag
Will this technology be adopted by IN?

I think IN will most probably stick with their 76 mm and under development 127 mm guns.

Also, they are focusing on Anti Ship missiles a lot. One can notice multiple projects running like Glidefire, NASM-SR, NASM-MR, NASM-LR, Brahmos-NG and the Brahmos-2. They are covering all the speed domains be it - subsonic, supersonic and even hypersonic.

flanker99

Country flag

I think IN will most probably stick with their 76 mm and under development 127 mm guns.

Also, they are focusing on Anti Ship missiles a lot. One can notice multiple projects running like Glidefire, NASM-SR, NASM-MR, NASM-LR, Brahmos-NG and the Brahmos-2. They are covering all the speed domains be it - subsonic, supersonic and even hypersonic.
both IA and IN will have use for it, missile are complex munitions that can take months or even years to produce but here its just bullets ....however it will take 10-15 years min to achieve the mentioned ranges and have a system that can be deployed in combat

STORE

Probably 27.

The interesting part is, we still don't what these are actually called within IA.

Here, it says Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle but during the induction event someone mentioned it as Mine Protected Vehicle.

I find Kalyani M4 and Tata QRFV are inducted for same roles hardly any difference. If anyone can figure out some differences please let me know.
No matter what name it is given in the army Kalyani M4 and TATA QRFE are category 2 MRAP which comes under 'Light Tactical Vehicle'. Which is used to transport troops into an urban setting mostly and to lead convoy. The difference can be M4 engine which produces more power to weight ratio which well be better suited in the mountains, the inside view of M4 looked pretty advanced to me compared to our normal mahindra and Tata ones, m4 has automatic transmission, m4 can take 30 kg TNT and 50 kg IED damage compared to 20 in TATA. Tata claims it has STANG 4 protection and M4 has STANAG 3 but i think one of them is lying and honestly TATA dosnt look like its STANAG 4. There is a popular misconception that it will be sent to the front lines as IFV or APC like Bmp 2 or BTR during war, but thats not the case since it was designed only to handle infantry with small arms and not to fight other armoured vehicles.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
No matter what name it is given in the army Kalyani M4 and TATA QRFE are category 2 MRAP which comes under 'Light Tactical Vehicle'. Which is used to transport troops into an urban setting mostly and to lead convoy. The difference can be M4 engine which produces more power to weight ratio which well be better suited in the mountains, the inside view of M4 looked pretty advanced to me compared to our normal mahindra and Tata ones, m4 has automatic transmission, m4 can take 30 kg TNT and 50 kg IED damage compared to 20 in TATA. Tata claims it has STANG 4 protection and M4 has STANAG 3 but i think one of them is lying and honestly TATA dosnt look like its STANAG 4. There is a popular misconception that it will be sent to the front lines as IFV or APC like Bmp 2 or BTR during war, but thats not the case since it was designed only to handle infantry with small arms and not to fight other armoured vehicles.
When has Tata said the QRFV has STANAG 4 Level protection?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
That's STANAG level4 blast protection not ballistic protection just to be clear

Bhaubai

Country flag
72 items of total of 214 items mentioned in 1st & 2nd Positive Indiginisation List indigenised by Defence Public Sector Undertakings well before their original timelines of Dec 2023,Dec 2024&Dec 2025. Remaining 142 items being indigenised within the timeline of this year-end: MoD

binayak95

Country flag

DEW and EM Guns are officially part of NG Destroyer program. But yeah rail guns seem a bit too far ahead in future.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles