DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

The Shrike

Country flag
View attachment 174608

So that's the border.

Pangong is in Indian side,
so I assume we will be keeping fighter packages for DCA(defensive counter air) as well as AI(air interdiction) that both work on separate altitudes, in addition to the SEAD/SWEEP packages that aggressively deal with the enemy airplanes and their SAM systems on this aprt of the mountain.

The AI flights could take care of any such floating tank. Alternatively as has been said, we could also mount ATGM positions, or mine the entrance into our side of the border like this:

View attachment 174617
You need to check a map that shows the LAC not just the international border as claimed by India. 🤷‍♀️

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
SPYDER can't even track on move, if it is ordered, IA itself will be breaking their own QRs, only SAM which can kind of track on move are Tor and Pantsir but their rotating radar design makes sure that it can't be used for long advances and QRSAM is the only SAM system on Earth as of now which can search and track targets on the move all day long without any problems, period. The design is nothing sort of genius imo, 4 faced radar on ground vehicle in not common.
Anyway modiji will make sure that firangi maal won't get through.

pipebomb

Country flag
SPYDER can't even track on move, if it is ordered, IA itself will be breaking their own QRs, only SAM which can kind of track on move are Tor and Pantsir but their rotating radar design makes sure that it can't be used for long advances and QRSAM is the only SAM system on Earth as of now which can search and track targets on the move all day long without any problems, period. The design is nothing sort of genius imo, 4 faced radar on ground vehicle in not common.
Anyway modiji will make sure that firangi maal won't get through.
Could expand a bit on 'long advances' ?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Could expand a bit on 'long advances' ?
Good luck having no problem while marching through cross country while your radar is rotating. I am damn sure, no problem will occur whatsoever.
Which radar has the most chance of mechanical failure while vehicle is moving, guess yourself and if you argue that track on the move is not essential than why IA asked for that specifically.
Again, we have seen countless videos where SAM gets ploinked because its radar is turned off.
The only thing I see with QRSAM is that perhaps Radar vehicle could have designed more compact to improve mobility.
1665060626780.png

Just see the operators room size difference between Pantsir and QRSAM.

Another problem being that radar elevation is limited to 60° which should have been atleast 80°

Last edited:

Fatalis

Country flag
The other sad thing is IA cancelled the RFP for their air defence guns after extending the dates like 4 or 5 time. I am pretty sure IAF will get their air defence guns before the IA.

I am not confident on what are the quoted numbers for IA. Each source says some different number.
IAF: 244 guns
IA: 220 guns / 938 guns.

This requirement of IA is different from their other SPAAG requirement which is quoted with 103 vehicles(this one is also cancelled).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles