DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AnantS

Country flag
The Chinese are better off building massive numbers of LCACs that can carry tanks than relying on these amphibious tanks. You can outfit the LCACs with cannons that can fire on the move.
These tanks shall be difficult to hit esp at sea and if thy have decent speed. They present low signature than a LCS. I dont know but could they be effective in Pangong Area?

ShukantC

Country flag
what's stopping a bunch of Indian fighters to drop laser guided bombs over these tanks?
ATGM's and the NLAW type of weapon might be easier, more accurate and more economical. Another option might be an artillery barrage/ mortars from the beach head levelling everything that comes within their range

AnantS

Country flag
what's stopping a bunch of Indian fighters to drop laser guided bombs over these tanks?
Air defence? Laser guided bombs or artillery will need to be very precise on such small targets(from air). Near miss will give you no explosion. I guess Cheaper option would be patrol ships with good surface radar and with anti tank missiles and heavy guns.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I'd rather be shameless and have something at hand to fight with than be righteous and not have that capability.
Copy or not people the chongs are ahead of us in yerms of drones there no doubting that
Never doubted that we all know we lack behind and quite a bit in drones especially when ur drone has been flying for years and you still have no clear plans about them

charlie

Country flag

Why are the inbuilt screens of this Command Post vehicle switched off and they seem to be relying on the equipment placed on the shelf for their job? Why is everything so ad-hoc with our forces despite having so much of these things made in India to Forces specification and then trialing all these things to death before finally inducting? One would expect that after such "rigorous" trials, the thing would be fully integrated and work seamlessly. Especially stuff that forms the backbone of our so-called network-centric force. WTF is wrong with us?
Well the screen is used for different purpose, but all the communication is relayed through equipment placed of the shelf, those are tactical level radios, a system level stuff cannot be deployed in battlefield it’s good for a army base but when it comes to battlefield it has to be ad hoc.

check out the US ITACS shelter

DumbPilot

Country flag
Air defence? Laser guided bombs or artillery will need to be very precise on such small targets(from air). Near miss will give you no explosion. I guess Cheaper option would be patrol ships with good surface radar and with anti tank missiles and heavy guns.
1665032223521.png

So that's the border.

Pangong is in Indian side, so I assume we will be keeping fighter packages for DCA(defensive counter air) as well as AI(air interdiction) that both work on separate altitudes, in addition to the SEAD/SWEEP packages that aggressively deal with the enemy airplanes and their SAM systems on this aprt of the mountain.

The AI flights could take care of any such floating tank. Alternatively as has been said, we could also mount ATGM positions, or mine the entrance into our side of the border like this:

1665032595771.png

However, I do not know if the logistics would allow it.

To me air power + ground power makes the most sense, because that way recon and attacks work very fast. You register something, assign relevant strikers, and blow them up. Precision munitions are also a must in this type of area.

What do you think?

AnantS

Country flag
View attachment 174608

So that's the border.

Pangong is in Indian side, so I assume we will be keeping fighter packages for DCA(defensive counter air) as well as AI(air interdiction) that both work on separate altitudes, in addition to the SEAD/SWEEP packages that aggressively deal with the enemy airplanes and their SAM systems on this aprt of the mountain.

The AI flights could take care of any such floating tank. Alternatively as has been said, we could also mount ATGM positions, or mine the entrance into our side of the border like this:

View attachment 174617

However, I do not know if the logistics would allow it.

To me air power + ground power makes the most sense, because that way recon and attacks work very fast. You register something, assign relevant strikers, and blow them up. Precision munitions are also a must in this type of area.

What do you think?
I think mining and having your own faster attack boats with Anti tank -attack role are more reliable. You never know, that fateful day where your air assets would get tied up. So relying just on that wont be prudent IMHO.

DumbPilot

Country flag
I think mining and having your own faster attack boats with Attack role are more reliable. You never know, that fateful day where your air assets would get tied up. So relying just on that wont be prudent IMHO.
Fair enough. Perhaps some land-based precision mortar/arty solution can also be devised. Russia-Ukraine war has shown us the importance of precision and air warfare..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles