DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Regarding the Vshorads , there are a few things to note.

View attachment 173370

View attachment 173371

Unlike other manpads missile designs, our mpmds missile round uses a unique propulsion configuration very similar to that of Nag ATGM. (Ground launched version ).

Here, the booster motor is at the back of the missile which kicks in after the missile has been ejected a short distance from the launcher . Then the actual sustainer solid motor kicks off and this is what propels the missile to its target . The four sustainer motor vents are arranged around the circumference of the missile body.

I am not very sure as to the advantages this configuration provides over the usual configuration.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Those who asked questions sorry i couldn't answer them bec of lack of time
During Durga Puja i will try
No problem saar, whenever you get the time:-
Do you know if this MPDMS is shoulder launched?
@Kuldeepm952 mentioned IA interested in a beam-rider MANPAD, any news of any Indian firm or DRDO developing this? Or is it just a vehicle for Swedish import?

Anandhu Krishna

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
No problem saar, whenever you get the time:-
Do you know if this MPDMS is shoulder launched?
@Kuldeepm952 mentioned IA interested in a beam-rider MANPAD, any news of any Indian firm or DRDO developing this? Or is it just a vehicle for Swedish import?
Here's the link, most probably this will be asked from private or public industry and involvement of drdo would be minimal to nil, there is a chance that it might become a jv production. Only 3 systems are available, rbs70ng, LMM ground launch variant and starstreak manpads.
This is already a very complex system so I don't see any kind of India private Cos coming forward to deliver a self designed product.

jik60

Country flag
A fantastic day for INDIAN ARMY with the upcoming firepower augmentation:

1. Most critically ATAGS (at the last phase of in-house environmental trials, required for any vehicle level system before SOP) trails are going great.

2. VSHORADS successful launch

3. Carl M4 local production annoucement.

and many more like below:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Environment trials :pound: :crying:
This is too much now. It is now clear as a day that Army doesn't want ATAGS.

In past I was against RTI in armed forces but now I think some accountability might be needed. Lets see who is getting how much from import lobby. This type of corrupt behaviour shouldn't be tolerated for long.

Last edited:

jik60

Country flag
This is too much now. It is now clear as a day that Army doesn't want ATAGS.

In past I was against RTI in armed forces but now I think some accountability might be needed. Lets see who is getting how much from import lobby. This type of corrupt behaviour shouldn't be tolerated for long.
It's not like that. I am not going to the usual cringe-crying part or import lobby vs Indegeneous discourse but it's a matter of fact that for any vehicle-level system, this kind of closed chamber environmental test is necessary before SOP. Where they put the entire integrated vehicle inside an artificially created climatic environment (Not sure how BF and SED are doing it) set up. This is true for the entire series of systems and sub-systems in the automotive (pass car+ cv) domain

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
A fantastic day for INDIAN ARMY with the upcoming firepower augmentation:

1. Most critically ATAGS (at the last phase of in-house environmental trials, required for any vehicle level system before SOP) trails are going great.

2. VSHORADS successful launch

3. Carl M4 local production annoucement.

and many more like below:
6 new regiments of Pinaka!? How many regiments does that make total? 13? Long ago, the FARP gave the goal of having 22 Pinaka regiments in service by 2025.

Here's the link, most probably this will be asked from private or public industry and involvement of drdo would be minimal to nil, there is a chance that it might become a jv production. Only 3 systems are available, rbs70ng, LMM ground launch variant and starstreak manpads.
This is already a very complex system so I don't see any kind of India private Cos coming forward to deliver a self designed product.
This intially sounded like they are begging for Starstreak. But the interesting bit is this, and I quote, "As on date, the Indian Army is progressing 36 Make Projects, which include 14 'Approval in Principle' projects which are the outcome of Suo-moto proposals received from the industry."

So its suo-moto proposal received from the industry. Not an Army requirement, but something the industry is offering the Army. And its still at the "feasibility stage". Whatever industry that sent this proposal seems to be looking to ToT and screwdriver Starstreak in India and make profit without expending any R&D effort. I may be wrong.

What is the difference between Dhanush and ATAGS?
Apart from the caliber, and thus longer range of ATAGS, another difference is that ATAGS can fire a 6-round MRSI (Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact). So if an entire regiment of 18 ATAGS fires of a 6-round MRSI simultaneously, the enemy would get no warning and suddenly 108 artillery shells will explode on top of them simultaneously. And since most casualties in an artillery barrage on an unprepared enemy usually occur in the first volley, this MRSI capability can lead to absolute carnage.

Dhanush can't pull that $hit.

What will be the result of this meeting a 60 year old ZSU?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles