DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
bhai, we are not US and not even Sweeden when it comes to MIC record especially export, so tread carefully and under the radar and not to lose focus or reputation. Everyone has an opinion on this and mine is to focus at home and only home to achieve localization of imported components as much as possible and the organic life cycle of those components. After that sure go out.....but am not running HAL or any org.
I guess you avoided exams too because you thought you could fail. Reputation can be build back, focus on the product how do you loose that?.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Well if you observe the Korean defense products push, most of their new products are being pushed on the reputation of their previous products which have not been inducted by Korean armed forces themsleves. And observe the over the top marketing being done. Believe it or not but marketing is hell of a bitch and we are just starting to get into it while Koreans being the junior of US during cold war has its whole institutions and systems copied from US, one of them being the giant corporations based capitalism.

Photon

Country flag
WTF is this dude on about? There are so many in India like LMW, ACE micromatic, Jyoti, HMT, etc.

View attachment 173303

Basically there are two designations:-

For engines its either CE (Cryogenic Engine) or SCE (SemiCryogenic Engine, followed by a hyphen and their thrust output in ton force)
SCE-200
200 ton thrust semicryogenic engine

CE-20
20 ton thrust cryogenic engine

For rocket stages its either SC for semicryogenic stage or C for cryogenic stage or L for hypergolic stage or S for solid stage followed by the propellant filled weight in tons.
SC120
Semicryogenic Stage with 120 ton propellant

SC400
Semicryogenic Stage with 400 ton propellant

C32
Cryogenic Stage with 32 ton propellant

S200
Solid Stage with 200 ton propellant

Anything else is a typo.
If it is a typo then why every news portal has the same mistake?? That's why it confusing anyway image belongs to same RD810 family

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
If it is a typo then why every news portal has the same mistake?? That's why it confusing anyway image belongs to same RD810 family
Defence and technical media reportage is just sad in this country.

Ok now I understand why people hate the acquisition process this shit is long af probably takes 2 years if all goes as planned which doesn't ofc
They are trying to get this down from 180 weeks average time to around 110 weeks or below. In IDeX challenge cases, they are aiming for around 22 weeks. You should read the DAP-2020, its got a lot more details.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
They are trying to get this down from 180 weeks average time to around 110 weeks or below. In IDeX challenge cases, they are aiming for around 22 weeks. You should read the DAP-2020, its got a lot more details.
Thank you I will check it out and it would be great if they could get it down

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
But on another hand isn't it better that they will do it here now will insure quality too?
Do you know how many Carl Gustafs we have in service? Approx 450*16 = 7,200 in the Army alone (this is a lower bound approximate). And then also in BSF, ITBP, etc. And its not just the weapon itself, but also its ammo. M4 has a newer selection of ammo not available to us primarily because we aren't developing it like they are.
We were making these in India since so many years, but eventually we'll have to pay for new license fees again. All because they couldn't upgrade it. Its the same as not being able to create Dhanush despite getting Bofors designs. Sad part is they could have done it.

maybe ofb doesnt want to violate ipr. overall good news , if it will saab facility. means more employment. What disappointing-mota bhai did not buy saab already :D
Maybe, but I think I remember reading something about a lighter variant made by OFB or DRDO (can't remember who). So I don't think IPR is the problem here (I mean the original design is from the 60s, so patent might have expired by now). Employment would have been generated with domestic upgrade also.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Do you know how many Carl Gustavs we have in service? Approx 450*16 = 7,200 in the Army alone. And then also in BSF, ITBP, etc. And its not just the weapon itself, but also its ammo. M4 has a newer selection of ammo not available to us primarily because we aren't developing it like they are.
We were making these in India since so many years, but eventually we'll have to pay for new license fees again. All because they couldn't upgrade it. Its the same as not being able to create Dhanush despite getting Bofors designs. Sad part is they could have done it
Ok that's messed up if we gotta pay more fee could have started our own program instead

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles